06-02-2014 02:01 PM
30 12
tools
    Funny, I seldom utilize the notification center. I like it to see the recently auto-updated apps, but otherwise I pretty much get all I need from live tiles. The store app should notify of updates, but maybe it does in 8.1 and I don't see them because I use a small tile for it. Bottom line is that its nice to finally have the flexibility/customization available to suit a wider path of personal preferences...
    05-30-2014 03:46 PM
    I use the notification center a lot but Im also coming from android too
    06-02-2014 09:50 AM
    Funny, I seldom utilize the notification center. I like it to see the recently auto-updated apps, but otherwise I pretty much get all I need from live tiles. The store app should notify of updates, but maybe it does in 8.1 and I don't see them because I use a small tile for it. Bottom line is that its nice to finally have the flexibility/customization available to suit a wider path of personal preferences...
    How about just seeing what time it is when you are in an app, such as IE, that blocks the time from being displayed? Simply swipe down about one inch, peek at the time, and release. I hated to leave the web browser just for a time check. Now I don't have to.

It's the little things in the end that really matter towards user experience.
    06-02-2014 11:24 AM
    I use the notification center a lot but Im also coming from android too
    Same here. Though I dumped Android back last summer. I guess old habits die hard. Anyway, that is probably why Microsoft chose that type of notification center. To lure Android users to the Dark side.

Btw. I also use the live tiles too. So we get the best of both worlds.
    06-02-2014 01:05 PM
    I'm running 8.1 on my Icon and I am not having issues with WiFi range, my battery life is about the same with 8.0. Also, I do have a second or so lag when I wake the phone. But compared to all of the improvements that 8.1 brings, I can live with that.

So, yes there are people who had or are having problems, but by and large, 8.1 on the Icon seems to be pretty good and a huge improvement over 8.0. Also, Cyan is expected to fix some problems as well. and I'm betting that there will be another small update as they refine the OS (no actual news on that, just my personal assessment). In any case, whether you have stay with the 928 or get an Icon, sometime around June-ish, you'll be getting 8.1 anyway.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...293-890-a.html

Called it!
    06-02-2014 02:01 PM
30 12