My biggest concern is battery. This morning i turned every app to not allowed in battery saver and turned battery saver to "always on". I'm about 1.5 hrs into my work day and one 7 min phone call in and my battery is at 90%. I'm debating on rolling back to 8.0 to get better battery life over the weekend. I'll have the ability to charge my phone in my car, but i dont want to have to do that twice a day or everyday. I want to be able to take pics with my phone thats it. I'm probably goign to turn airplane mode on or just turn off all radios other then 3g, so i can still get texts.

What do you think? Should i roll back tonight to 8.0 or do you think turning everything off and staying on 8.1 will give me about the same results?
    05-21-2014 09:32 AM
    One word... Mofie. I don't leave home without it.
    05-21-2014 09:47 AM
    Yea I thought about getting one probably should have. To late now I'm leaving for the fest tomorrow lol
    05-21-2014 10:17 AM
    I brought my 8.1 Icon to both weekends of the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival earlier this month. Despite the spotty coverage from being surrounded by upwards of 100,000 other people, my phone never came close to dying. Having said that, I was toting real camera equipment for pictures. Unless you're planning to be one of those assholes who watches the whole concert on your phone screen, you've got nothing to worry about.
    05-21-2014 02:00 PM
    Ohh i dont even plan on taking many videos if i do it will be a min or 2 at max. This is a camping festival, so to charge im going to have to go to my car and turn it on for a few hours. I'm thinking if i turn my phone off when im not using it I should be fine.

Pictures to come next week. I cant wait to play with the exposure and and iso levels with the LED hula hooping sirens that are always there.
    05-21-2014 02:28 PM
    Probably airplane mode until you wanna use data. Turning off isn't bad, but that's an extra 30 seconds you have to wait if you wanna snap a quick picture.
    05-21-2014 02:40 PM
    I'd get a charger that takes AA batteries (I found one at Disneyland) very handy because its usually easier to find batteries than an open outlet. Then go to Costco and stock up on the big pack of batteries for I think $15 (US) and you'll be set for the next several events and won't have to limit yourself to what you can do or worry about battery life. The one I have takes 4 AA batteries and fully recharges my 925 from being less than 5% charged.
    05-21-2014 03:27 PM
    Unless you're planning to be one of those assholes who watches the whole concert on your phone screen, you've got nothing to worry about.
    I'm a world where everyone has a camcorder in their pocket youtube is flooded with millions of crappy bootleg concert videos lol
    05-21-2014 03:37 PM
    There's no reason to go back to wp8. And I think you'll be fine on wp8.1. Just don't play with the settings too much. The Icon does really well on idle. And a few photos, phone calls, and texts really won't drain you too much.
    05-21-2014 03:58 PM
    Yea I thought about getting one probably should have. To late now I'm leaving for the fest tomorrow lol
    You still have time. I saw several models of back up batteries at the VZW store. They should have a VZW store relatively near the festival... that is unless it's in north eastern Alaska. lol
    05-21-2014 10:45 PM