Call issues - music auto resume and multitasking

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
My wife got an Icon a couple weeks ago and it seems to be a great phone overall (and so much smoother than my S5) but there are a couple issues that really bug her.

First one is when she is listening to music or books using headphones. The scenario is a call comes in, so she unplugs the headphones and answers the call, which automatically pauses the music. Problem is that when she hangs up the call the music automatically resumes through the speaker. Is there a way to disable this or is the only option headphones with a mic? She didn't have this issue with her old EVO. I have found some complaints about this but no solution other than the "Stop the Music" app. Manually stopping it doesn't seem ideal.

Second issue is when she is on a call and tries to multitask it is very flakey and often fails. For example if she tries to add a calendar event while on a call it usually just closes out of the calendar. Same thing can happen if on IE. Wierd thing is after it appears to close back to the call and you long press back to look at open apps, you will see the call but the description underneath will show IE. It's not consistant, sometimes multitasking while on a call will work but usually if you play around long enough it will fail. Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
For the first issue I'd say yeah she either needs to pause the music before she answers the call herself (tricky if not impractical to do) or just get a pair of earphones with a headset on them.

I haven't personally had the phone bug out or exhibit any of the symptoms you mention when multitasking on a phone call myself. Have you tried a soft reset on the device?

prlundberg

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah we've tried resetting it, no luck. Just this weekend she tried to look at a text I sent her while talking on the phone and couldn't do it. I just realized though that we have only ever tried that at home while on wi-fi, so I guess that's a starting point for troubleshooting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes