Wireless charging with G2 charger

Jeff Spradling

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG G2 wireless charger and it seems to be working just fine on the Icon. Is there any risk in using it? Are there different frequencies or something in these chargers that would make it unwise to use on different devices?

tacroy

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
The Icon used the QI charging standard. So any charger that is built to the "QI" standard should work and work fine.

roni09riku

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I have an LG G2 wireless charger and it seems to be working just fine on the Icon. Is there any risk in using it? Are there different frequencies or something in these chargers that would make it unwise to use on different devices?

Try comparing the voltage and current of your current charger to the charger meant for the Lumia Icon. If they have the same voltage and current, it's okay. If it is lower, it'll take a longer time to charge. If higher, I wouldn't recommend it, just to be safe.

When in doubt, just don't do it.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Try comparing the voltage and current of your current charger to the charger meant for the Lumia Icon. If they have the same voltage and current, it's okay. If it is lower, it'll take a longer time to charge. If higher, I wouldn't recommend it, just to be safe.

When in doubt, just don't do it.

If it's Qi standard then it will be fine.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I use Qi wireless chargers interchangeably all the time. I use an LG charger for my Nexus 5 on my 920, a Nokia wireless charger on my Nexus devices, and a 3rd party charger on either. No issues with any of them!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs