Ringer volume drops on Icon

judsonmn

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
My Icon drops the ringer volume for some reason. I can set it up to say... 20 or so, and next time I check it, it's back at 13. Very inconvenient as it's in my purse which muffles the sound.

Verizon replaced my first Icon because they thought it was a hardware problem, but this second phone does it too. I still have WP 8.0. I do not get the little down arrow to expand the volume bar . Mine just switches from ring + vibrate to just vibrate. I understand the little down arrow on the volume bar will come with 8.1. Is there anything I can do now to keep my volume up? Verizon mentioned some update that they tried to install, but apparently that wasn't the solution. Is this a common problem with this phone. Thanks. Judy

hacer619

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I think your phone is rebooting while in your purse. This is the only way for the volume to go back to 13. Try it your self, max the volume to 30, then turn off your phone and turn it back on. You'll get the ringer volume back to 13. Is your phone overheating? I read a lot about Verizon phones with rebooting and overheating issue.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
My Icon drops the ringer volume for some reason. I can set it up to say... 20 or so, and next time I check it, it's back at 13. Very inconvenient as it's in my purse which muffles the sound.

Verizon replaced my first Icon because they thought it was a hardware problem, but this second phone does it too. I still have WP 8.0. I do not get the little down arrow to expand the volume bar . Mine just switches from ring + vibrate to just vibrate. I understand the little down arrow on the volume bar will come with 8.1. Is there anything I can do now to keep my volume up? Verizon mentioned some update that they tried to install, but apparently that wasn't the solution. Is this a common problem with this phone. Thanks. Judy

To keep up with sound limit restrictions the Os by default changes volume to 13 after restart so its nothing to worry about 😉

judsonmn

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
To keep up with sound limit restrictions the Os by default changes volume to 13 after restart so its nothing to worry about ��

Thanks, hacer 619 and Kaushik Banerjee. Both phones doing the same thing wouldn't indicate that one was overheating and rebooting???? But, I'll keep an eye on where the phone has been when I notice the reduction to 13 volume. If it's doing it only when in an enclosed possibly warmer area like my purse or also when just laying on the table. I do try to be very careful I lay it in my purse with controls up, though. Thanks. Judy

jdpurvis

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
To keep up with sound limit restrictions the Os by default changes volume to 13 after restart so its nothing to worry about ��
I beg to differ. It is a significant problem. I can understand limiting earphone volume for protection, but a ringer volume of 13 is inaudible in a pocket, or carrying case or purse. It doesn't seem too much to ask that the ringer volume stay constant through a reboot. This "feature" has cost my wife a number of important calls. My current and previous android phones keep ringer volume constant - and I suspect even the primitive iphone does it. Why can't we have it for this phone?

J

judsonmn

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I agree, jdpurvis. I've missed calls and texts regarding a family member in the hospital as a result of this problem. I hate to change to the disruptive RRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG type of ringtone, but may have to.

It may seem insignificant to others, but it is a worry for me. I tend to check it often now, just in case it has changed back to 13. Shouldn't have to do that. Now that I am aware that the reboot could be causing it, at least I'm not constantly searching for a solution. I'm hoping, though, that the 8.1 update may help???? Thanks. Judy

gomezz

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I have had the volume reset itself to the sound limit level on occasion (happened yesterday while playing back through my bedroom stereo. It does seem to be random.

wlben

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
Is there a blue tooth device that will vibrate or shock a person some way to let them know that a call is coming in? My ring volume is set at 30 and stays there and most of the time I can't hear a ring in the car or at the store. Out side it's not audible at all and it's still at 30. HELP!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss