Issues due to new update - 02-Jun-2014 - 8.10.12393.890

RahulMG

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I have updated my phone with the new OS updates pushed on 02-Jun. Since then phone screen started behaving weirdly. I observer following issues-

1. Automatic vertical scrolling while writing txt messages
2. Screens starts refreshing automatically, also phones opens random applications suddenly without any touch or swipe actions
3. This happens throughout the day without any fix pattern and continues for couple of mins.
4. Sometimes screen touch stops working after automatic screen refresh and have to soft reset using power and volume down button

Does someone having similar issues with 8.1 recent update? Just to confirm the issues I tried removing the screen guard but problem continues.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
Rahul

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Rahul welcome to WPCentral !
If you are having such issues with your icon you should consider downgrading it to windows phone 8.0 via nokia recovery tool.
[WARN]This would delete all the data from your phone , backup all the important data/files from your Lumia icon before doing this.[/WARN]

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
This makes me feel glad I don't have a Nokia... It's been frustrating to read people having problems with their Lumias.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
This makes me feel glad I don't have a Nokia... It's been frustrating to read people having problems with their Lumias.

I'm glad you are like the masses and bought a samsung

Imagine all the nonsense and whining we would hear from you.

mikey2toes

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't matter what device any one has as this thread is for issues with the recent update. No one device is the same. I have an htc 8x but I still have issues that a Lumia would have.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed my camera(nokia app) seems laggier since updating. (sigh) Still wondering what/if anything worthwhile at all came with this latest update. If so I have yet to notice it.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an Icon but I notice on my 1520 certain Nokia apps are not working for me.

Call+SMS filter, Touch/Display and other things....

Anytime I go into settings to update, it tells me an update Is avaible in the store but of course there is none. It's not PRESSING or anything, but I would like to have the ability to block certain calls(or remove them if I wish) and that one feature is gone now.

Sky River

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
1. Automatic vertical scrolling while writing txt messages
2. Screens starts refreshing automatically, also phones opens random applications suddenly without any touch or swipe actions
3. This happens throughout the day without any fix pattern and continues for couple of mins.
4. Sometimes screen touch stops working after automatic screen refresh and have to soft reset using power and volume down button

This all reads like problems with false touches on your phone's display. It could be caused by the update, or it could be a touch sensor failure that coincided with the update. If you rule out the software update by doing the downgrade, look into a warranty replacement. Or just ask for a replacement now - I didn't read that anyone claimed they got the same issue with their Icon. False touches can also be caused by dried food or drink - be sure to clean it.

Mrinal Maheshwari

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
My WiFi has downgraded a lot after the update....
Well this problem was since updating into WP 8.1, not after this update....
It was working well with WP 8.0, but after updating, it takes hours to connect....
And sometimes, do not connects at all....
Even the reception has become very poor....
WiFi signal strength fluctuates a lot, even when I sit still at one place....
Really disappointing....
Waiting for an immediate fix.... :/

Chris Sandiford

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Can no longer dismiss individual notifications with a swipe - it's all or nothing, rendering the two finger group removal dead. Shame, that was good.

WP7Nettwerk

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Oh, yeah you have what? Nonsense... Well the proble only has with WP8.1 which currently is DP. Nothing wrong and no sense it is Nokia, HTC 8X or Ativ S.

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Just noticed my camera(nokia app) seems laggier since updating. (sigh) Still wondering what/if anything worthwhile at all came with this latest update. If so I have yet to notice it.

Try the Nokia Camera Beta app - it works much faster for me.

My WiFi has downgraded a lot after the update....
Well this problem was since updating into WP 8.1, not after this update....
It was working well with WP 8.0, but after updating, it takes hours to connect....
And sometimes, do not connects at all....
Even the reception has become very poor....
WiFi signal strength fluctuates a lot, even when I sit still at one place....
Really disappointing....
Waiting for an immediate fix.... :/

^this - WiFi on my 1020 doesn't show a strong a signal as it did before the update - also they've changed a few of the animations again.... backing out of Start to resume a previous application makes the tiles uniformly pan away whereas previously they panned away in "tiles". I've also noticed animations aren't as smooth in certain places

RahulMG

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Sky River. You are right this seems to be problem like fales touches on the screen. I tried downgrade software option using Nokia Software Recovery Tool but there is no change in phone behavior. Is there any way to update firmware using PC as I can not use phone menu due to continue false touches on the screen. It almost difficult to open single app on the phone due to continuous refresh.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Sky River. You are right this seems to be problem like fales touches on the screen. I tried downgrade software option using Nokia Software Recovery Tool but there is no change in phone behavior. Is there any way to update firmware using PC as I can not use phone menu due to continue false touches on the screen. It almost difficult to open single app on the phone due to continuous refresh.

Ask Verizon network for a replacement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb