Issues due to new update - 02-Jun-2014 - 8.10.12393.890

Briana g

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having this problem with my Icon.. I have to turn my phone off then on for it to reset my signal.. I've been having to do this A LOT after this update.

Briana g

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
My WiFi has downgraded a lot after the update....
Well this problem was since updating into WP 8.1, not after this update....
It was working well with WP 8.0, but after updating, it takes hours to connect....
And sometimes, do not connects at all....
Even the reception has become very poor....
WiFi signal strength fluctuates a lot, even when I sit still at one place....
Really disappointing....
Waiting for an immediate fix.... :/

I'm also having this problem with my Icon.. I have to turn my phone off then on for it to reset my signal.. I've been having to do this A LOT after this update.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

So my Icon with 8.1 will do this occasionally. All you need to do to get it working again is just toggle off wifi and then back on. You don't actually need to reboot the phone.

It's irritating, but I'm sure a fix will come with Cyan.

sunnybyday

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
A related question - will Verizon replace Lumia Icon if you brought it at full price from MS Store? Lots of confusion about who will support without contract carrier branded phones. If Verizon refuses to help, will Nokia / MS store be of any help at all? My buddy's icon randomly restarts 4-5 times a day - sometimes in call - or in midst of writing an email or something. Very annoying. He thinks he got a bad device and would like to replace it. Shame since he paid over 600 bucks for the phone - mainly to retain his unlimited grandfathered data.

Any help from anybody who has similar experience greatly appreciated.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
A related question - will Verizon replace Lumia Icon if you brought it at full price from MS Store? Lots of confusion about who will support without contract carrier branded phones. If Verizon refuses to help, will Nokia / MS store be of any help at all? My buddy's icon randomly restarts 4-5 times a day - sometimes in call - or in midst of writing an email or something. Very annoying. He thinks he got a bad device and would like to replace it. Shame since he paid over 600 bucks for the phone - mainly to retain his unlimited grandfathered data.

Any help from anybody who has similar experience greatly appreciated.

It's got a one year hardware warranty, right? So take it to the MS store and they'll take care of it.

sunnybyday

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
It's got a one year hardware warranty, right? So take it to the MS store and they'll take care of it.

he has been given a run around. Nokia customer care said its verizon branded and they would not support it, Verizon says they did not sell it, MS store says its beyond 30 days return window, so its upto the manufacturer to support the warranty. Its a shame, especially so since this is his first WP after switching from Android - he loved WP till it lasted :(

I know its person dependent, but if somebody has a positive experience to share withe any of the above entities, we will try once again and see if if he has better luck.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
he has been given a run around. Nokia customer care said its verizon branded and they would not support it, Verizon says they did not sell it, MS store says its beyond 30 days return window, so its upto the manufacturer to support the warranty. Its a shame, especially so since this is his first WP after switching from Android - he loved WP till it lasted :(

I know its person dependent, but if somebody has a positive experience to share withe any of the above entities, we will try once again and see if if he has better luck.

Has he tried a hard reset? If it's software related, then that's usually a very good option. If he has already done that, he could try speaking to MS on the phone? Their phone support is exceptionally good in my opinion.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok. So here I am talking about how I'm not having any problems, and what does my phone do when I need to look at my calendar to see of an appointment change is feasible? It says, "eff you! Ah ain't gonna do it! Ahm really busy right now! :p"

When I went to wake my phone to check to see if I could reschedule an appointment, it was noticeably warm, and kept saying, "waiting" when I tried to wake it. I ended up doing a soft reset and after it rebooted, I noticed that my batter was almost gone; as in around the 1% mark. An hour earlier it was around the 80% mark.

I did another soft reset and it seems to be OK now. Now I THINK I know what caused it. Immediately prior to this happening while driving I had the Nokia Car App running (I have the CR-200), with Here Drive, and Pandora going. Either the combination of all three going at once or the possibility of one or two of those apps caused the problem. Since I rarely use Pandora and use the other two apps fairly regularly, and since this hasn't happened in quite a while, I'm wondering if the Pandora app has a memory leak and that was the problem. I haven't seen an update for Pandora come out if quite a while.

For those of you who have the problem on a regular basis, are there certain apps that you are using? Next time it happens try to note which apps were running previous to the overheating and sudden battery drain. It may be an app is not closing down properly or has a memory leak that is causing the processor to work harder and therefore overheating and draining the battery. Because this the developers preview, many of the apps optimized for WP8.0 may be having problems on 8.1 and the devs haven't worked out all of the kinks yet.

For my part, I'm going to see if I can purposely recreate the problem. But first let me charge my phone back up. :-D

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok. It happened again yesterday. This time I was using only the Nokia Car App and Here Drive. Since I wasn't using Pandora at all yesterday, I can rule that out. So now, I need to rule out either Here Drive or the Nokia Car App.

RahulMG

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I am still having phantom touch issue with my phone. Currently phone is in India and when I spoke with MS store/support they need device to verify the issue. I have tried all options but still no luck. So far I have tried -

? Soft reset
? Hard reset (using power button and also from OS option in about menu)
? Recovery using Nokia Software Recovery Tool ? Phone is up to date with Verizon provided firmware and app updates
? Tried above options multiple times
? Touch screen cleaned
? No charger specific issue (PC/Nokia) provided
? screen sensitivity is set to normal.

Getting device back in US would take some time so just wanted to check in case there is any alternate solution to this problem? Even after spending 600 dollars if you get such unreliable device.. would makes me think twice for any future products from Nokia/Microsoft.

TrueMetalGeek

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed is a slight lag when I wake the phone to where the screen lights up and I can unlock it. It's not severe and the phone is working good otherwise.

I have yet to do a hard reset after installing Windows Phone 8.1 Preview or any of the other updates.
I do realize that a hard reset and reinstall of apps can often help after software has been updated without reinstalling the apps after.

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site

Ultimately it is Nokia (under ms I guess). I think you can even return the phone through Nokia support page. I created a shipping slip and did not ship it back to Nokia. Try Warranty status - Nokia - USA

Prashant Thakur

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
i wish the cyan update fixes the lumia 1520 touch issues AKA phantom bug

i am really considering to buy this phone . but this issue is what stopping me from buying it .!!!!\

i am from india and waiting for the cyan update for the lumia 1520 ... please nokia fix the issue .. i want to buy this beast ...

AlastorX50

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
This makes me feel glad I don't have a Nokia... It's been frustrating to read people having problems with their Lumias.

Can't wait till you see what everyone means when we say stay away from HTC, they use such horrible screen adhesive which will cause ghosting and make the screen unusable. Happened with 3 of my family's HTC Trophy's.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers