New to WP from Android - Purchased Icon - Having Problems with Battery - Please Help

gjrincon

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I've found that the biggest battery drainer in my Icon is having the Wi-Fi on. I had been getting decent battery life (0.3-0.5%/hr) until I changed the Wi-Fi settings to "Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out", which can be set in the advance Wi-Fi options. This brought battery consumption up to 3-5%/hr. So, I now keep Wi-Fi off all the time or disable the "Keep Wi-I on when the screen times out" option, and battery life is back to normal. By the way, I'm running WP 8, and have almost all my apps running is background. I should also mention that LTE signal in my area seems to be fairly strong and stable.

Gerry Brennan

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I've found that the biggest battery drainer in my Icon is having the Wi-Fi on. I had been getting decent battery life (0.3-0.5%/hr) until I changed the Wi-Fi settings to "Keep Wi-Fi on when screen times out", which can be set in the advance Wi-Fi options. This brought battery consumption up to 3-5%/hr. So, I now keep Wi-Fi off all the time or disable the "Keep Wi-I on when the screen times out" option, and battery life is back to normal. By the way, I'm running WP 8, and have almost all my apps running is background. I should also mention that LTE signal in my area seems to be fairly strong and stable.

Thank you, I just found the "Keep Wi-I on when the screen times out" and unchecked it, I am going to give that a try. I did take a suggestion from earlier in this thread, I uninstalled the NFL app, VZ Navigator, CNN, and Weather Channel. I did notice my battery is not draining as fast, but it was still going down, even without usage. Thank you for the information.

Gerry Brennan

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I have walked through all the steps, which included the following:
-Keep Wi-I on when the screen times out - Turned off
-Opened every single app (suggested earlier in post) and logged in or completed steps.
-Uninstalled unneeded or unwanted apps (NFL, VZ Navigator, CNN, Weather Channel, etc)
-Turned off Battery Saver and verified it was not running in the background.
-Blocked (turned off) background tasks not needed.
-Turned off XBox games and Music
-Soft reset

With all this, I am still losing 2-3% of battery per hour. Am I doing something incorrectly or is this an issue I have to live with. As a side not I am running ver 8.0 with the latest update. Should I be considering WP 8.1?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

gjrincon

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Is that 2-3% consumption on idle? Battery consumption varies depending on use patterns. I would test the battery behavior by leaving the phone alone overnight, and see how it behaves while idle. Check the battery in the morning and it should be around 0.3-0.5%/hr. If draining is happening any faster than this, then try putting the phone on airplane mode overnight, and check battery again. If you find any improvement by doing this, then the issue could be related of LTE signal strength in your area.
Anyway, 2-3%/hr is normal if you're using the phone now and then to check email, play music, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa