Update Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.12397.895)

123gettothechopper

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
No... It's just not there anymore. I don't know if its because of the software or the b***h in the airport that dropped my phone

EDIT:

I found this other guy with the same problem. I know it worked before this because I took a selfie on the 1st. My phone dropped on the 5th.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...-after-wp8-1-last-update-no-front-camera.html

Maybe your phone's camera app deleted the button (Just a thought)
To enable it again:-
1) Tap on the three dots in the bottom right in the camera app
2) Tap on one of the shortcuts (iso, scenes etc.) icon
3) Select front camera
4) Done!
Hope I helped you!

eugen serban

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe your phone's camera app deleted the button (Just a thought)
To enable it again:-
1) Tap on the three dots in the bottom right in the camera app
2) Tap on one of the shortcuts (iso, scenes etc.) icon
3) Select front camera
4) Done!
Hope I helped you!

Thank you. That's the 1st thing I tried. Skype doesn't see it either and csdiag sees only one camera, so it's definitely gone.

Now the question is why. Could the drop have anything to do with it? It didn't have any scratch after.

123gettothechopper

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Now the question is why. Could the drop have anything to do with it? It didn't have any scratch after.
I don't think so, it is most possibly a firmware problem, but there is also a possibility that because of the drop the camera's connection became loose because Skype isn't detecting it. My advice is to take it to the HTC service center or email or you can try opening the phone yourself (dangerous and might void warranty)
Do update us on the solution.

Dhileepudu Jambula

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
None of the WP Developer Preview updates are region or device specific. Make sure "Preview For Developers" app is enabled, it might have been disabled following the previous 8.1 update.

Thank you, didnt notice that my Preview for Developers was logged off... :)

But I couldnt find any obvious changes...

What is this update for(Perf?)?

Last edited:

petersun21

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Here is my journey with wp8.1 and its updates:
I have a Lumia Icon used for AT&T.
  1. Updated to WP8.1 first day it was available. It is frequent occurrence that I cannot wake up the phone. Also wifi and cellular connections were really bad.
  2. Downgraded wp8.1 so that I can install nokia fireware update. Installed wp8.1 again. There was no improvements to the issues I had.
  3. Installed update, phone got overheated and battery drain becomes really bad.
  4. Installed another update, there is no improvement...
  5. Installed another update. Overheating issue gone. However, I cannot wake up the phone from lock. Only calling the phone can wake it up. Not even the camera button can wake up the phone.
  6. Downgraded to wp8 and reinstalled all updates. So far so good (only 24 hours).
    Update: It has become unresponsive. "loading" screen, "resuming", phone app takes 30 seconds to load.

Last edited:

hoovermac

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Hmm - I still haven't been able to get that third update on my L920 here in Canada. Short of doing a wipe and re-install, what else can I do? Not that it really matters a whole heck of a lot as the phone is working great with the first two updates. Just curious as to what gives as a friend of mine got it right away on his L1020?

Korlon

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Hmm - I still haven't been able to get that third update on my L920 here in Canada. Short of doing a wipe and re-install, what else can I do? Not that it really matters a whole heck of a lot as the phone is working great with the first two updates. Just curious as to what gives as a friend of mine got it right away on his L1020?

I don't have access to it either. I'm also in Canada. I'm gonna give it a few days see what happens.

downup

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Wish Cortana for everyone update is coming soon! I don't need a Swedish talking Cortana :)

And swipe for Swedish keyboards please :D

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok. My Icon did something that it has never done before. I set it on my DT-910 charger last night before going to bed. When I got up, I checked some emails and traffic reports. In just a few minutes of use, it shut off because the battery was dead. When I went to bed, it was around 80ish% when I set it on my charger. What would have caused that to happen? It didn't feel hot, nor did I have any extra apps running in the background that I haven't approved to do so. I've never had problems charging before with any of my charging plates.

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Ok. My Icon did something that it has never done before. I set it on my DT-910 charger last night before going to bed. When I got up, I checked some emails and traffic reports. In just a few minutes of use, it shut off because the battery was dead. When I went to bed, it was around 80ish% when I set it on my charger. What would have caused that to happen? It didn't feel hot, nor did I have any extra apps running in the background that I haven't approved to do so. I've never had problems charging before with any of my charging plates.

If it happens again and you have Cortana running in the background and/or pinned, try not allowing her in the background and removing the tile or going with the small one.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok so, found something new, or at least somebody else did and pointed it out on another thread.

In settings, there is device hub. Evidently, device hub replaces Nokia accessories in settings, and unfortunately, I think it screwed some things up for me. For example when I tap the NFC tag on my DT-910 it used to bring up the Desktop App, now it brings up device hub instead, asking me what app I want to open. The problem is the desktop app isn't a choice. So now, my DT-910 is useless for one of its intended purpose. It still charges fine, but I no longer can use the desktop app. I haven't tried it with my CR-200, but I expect the same results. What was Microsoft thinking?

Ankita Katyal

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
hey guys i got 8.1 through that developer thing...this xbox music app has too many bugs...they are minor but too many...like its not smooth as what we had in windows 8 and cannot handle playlists properly...is anyone going through the same issues???

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Was there an option to add the more tiles after I think the black update or 8.1 dp? I had the option on my 928 but now I switched to the Icon today but don't see it after all my updates.

waljbt

May 19, 2013
Visit site
Was there an option to add the more tiles after I think the black update or 8.1 dp? I had the option on my 928 but now I switched to the Icon today but don't see it after all my updates.

Hi, I read some place that this option doesn't come for bigger full HD screens Lumia phones. I have the 1520 and don't have the option too.

xrs22

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I read some place that this option doesn't come for bigger full HD screens Lumia phones. I have the 1520 and don't have the option too.
Ok, I wanted to make sure as my 928 was smaller than this but wanted to double check, thanx.

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had to restart my phone since getting this update. Previously the longest uptime I had was about 3 days. I'm at 10 days now

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro