Icon internationally

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to say that I had a great time with my Icon on a trip to Europe last week. With my previous VZW phone, I just left it turned off because I was terrified about huge data charges + roaming was flaky.

With the Icon I downloaded maps of the UK and Denmark, so I was able to search maps and even do navigation without burning any data. Way cool - just remember not to have data on or else it will use data :). Then I got the temporary 100MB international data package for $25, which took care of me on the trip. And roaming was quite smooth.

Only regret is that I didn't roll back to 8.0 before the trip. As everyone knows, the WiFi on 8.1 is horrific - time after time I couldn't connect to hotspots that my Surface found easily. Sure hope VZW takes the goodness from the 8.0 firmware update and puts it into 8.1.

Also, I used the Nokia Motion Monitor which kept track of my steps everywhere I went. Couldn't tell any battery degradation.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. That's some good know information. How about voice coverage? Did you have any problems? Or was that what you were talking about when you mentioned roaming?

mtalinm

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
only made one call and it was fine. was talking about data roaming. handoffs were pretty smooth. thought there might be some CDMA related problem or that I'd need a GSM sim card, but nonesuch problems. very happy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss