Right now when I get out of range of wifi my streaming radio stops. I have use data when out of range of wifi turned on. Any suggestions.
    06-18-2014 09:49 AM
    yes , just don't move out of your Wi-Fi range
    06-18-2014 09:51 AM
    Sigh if only I could.
    06-18-2014 10:15 AM
    Unless you can figure out how to get from point to point without EVER leaving a Wi-Fi footprint, you are going to end up using the cellular data. That's the way smartphones work.
    06-18-2014 06:47 PM
    It's not switching and I want it to switch. I was having fun with the previous post. My goodness will people get off their high horse and help with some suggestions.
    06-18-2014 09:42 PM
    Hmm, can't say I've ever had a phone that could switch from Wifi to Cell without having to reload or reopen what I was doing... Course, I've only owned Blackberry's or WP's that have had Wifi.
    06-18-2014 10:00 PM
    My previous phone was an android and if I was streaming music if I got out of range of WiFi it would switch automatically.
    06-18-2014 10:03 PM
    Ok. Now I understand what you are asking about. You want the hand off between Wi-Fi and cellular to be seamless. Go into settings > cellular + SIM and ensure that "for limited Wi-Fi connectivity" is set to "use cellular data." I'm not sure if that will work though. I agree with Blacklac none of my previous phones ever did a network hand off seamlessly, I always had to close and reopen the app; that includes the two Black Berries, three Android (all Samsung), and two WP (928 and Icon).

I apologize for seeming snarky in my previous response. I thought you were complaining that you were using cellular data when not inside a Wi-Fi network.
    06-19-2014 12:56 AM
    My old phone was the HTC Droid Incredible 4G. It would pause for a few seconds and then the cellular would pickup. If I'm riding my bike for instance would be the quickest method of restarting the app. Knowing what you guys are saying I will try to switch off wifi before hand.
    06-19-2014 02:29 AM
    I'm pretty sure it is up to how the app handles a switch to a new network adapter. Switching from cell radio to wifi would be a different adapter and different IP. So the app would have to tell the server start song z at x:xx when it established the new stream? That's my general guess for how it would work anyway.
    06-19-2014 07:05 AM
    I understand what you are asking. With Windows Phone, i just don't think that is something you can control. I mean the only user based control is the Wifi Sense that automatically signs you into Wifi you set as trusted. when i get in my car and start Pandora on my Android phone, it goes from Wifi to Cell data. Sometimes it stops for a few seconds than restarts or i just have to close the app and open it again. Sorry it wasn't really an answer, just my experiences.
    06-21-2014 03:49 PM