Screen going black while on calls

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
All of a sudden, the phone won't light up when I move the handset away from my ear, it just stays black the whole time. anyone else having this issue?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes but it's never caused any issues before? I have a 3-pack, should I just try replacing it with a new screen protector?

Umm if you a 3-pack try to remove the current one and clean the screen. Now test if the problem persists. I have similar issues on my lumia 920 due to screen protector.

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
i have the same problem, its annoying ,mostly on skype when you talk to people and they are sending things on the chat to you and you cant see cause the screen remains black and the buttons doesnt work. all you have to do is or restarting the device or waiting to the other to close the call. I'ts annoying.

Troy Mast

May 25, 2014
Visit site
If you have a screen protector, take it off. I had this problem. I realized that the protector was intermittently freaking out the proximity sensor. Once it was removed, never had the problem again. If you like a protector on your phone, trim it away from the sensor before installation.

J Ice70

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Does your screen protector have a custom cut hole for the proximity sensor? If not you will have to cut one yourself.

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed this occasionally and I don't use a screen protector. I just press the power button and it lights back up.

Bridget Terrien

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Great Tip! I was having this problem, couldn't figure it out. Verizon even gave me a new phone thinking it was defective. Once I took the screen protector off problem was solved! Thank you!! :excited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss