One of these days!

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I predict no later than late July early August. Verizon's been pretty good about rolling out updates for WP. It's Android that it takes its time with. Probably because of so many different phones and different versions of Android that are on its network.

vepac

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
If you go and look at the vzw forums (official) many people are starting new threads asking when the windows phones will start to get updates. Right now I am thinking around Christmas. Especially since it took them almost a year to give the Motorola razr HD kit Kat.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Maybe today!!

HAHAHAHA

One can wish as much....I would dream but, my dreams are for much bigger things :)

Sick of this icon overheating when I use the phone...I wanted to hard reset to see if that helps but, waiting for Cyan as I don't want to do it 2 times....and lose more save games...

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
For me personally, the master reset fixed the overheating issues

Yea but, when Cyan finally hits, I PLAN on doing a hard reset, with us being so close (could be any day now according to "rumors"), I have to wait as I need my phone running not having to hard reset it 2 times in a few weeks...

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
This reminds of when we were waiting for the Icon to come out -_-

As a Verizon Windows Phone user since day one of the HTC Trophy... This is the same waiting game for EVERYTHING related to Windows Phone & Verizon.

First we waited for a Windows Phone 7 device. While AT&T got multiple Lumias, HTC's, a Samsung, and a Dell. We got one phone: The HTC Trophy. We waited for a Lumia, waited and waited. Never came.

But, alas! Windows Phone 8 was right around the corner. We were happy to hear that all Windows Phone 7's would be receiving the WP7.8 update to tide us over to WP8 devices, which apparently Verizon was going to receive plenty of. We waited and waited... But our lovely Trophy's never did get an official WP7.8 update.

But then came the announcements! The Nokia Lumia 920 & the HTC 8x! With all those magnificent colors & features. Damn, did we want one of those sexy devices. We got the 8x, but because we're second class WP fans, we were only given one Lumia. The Nokia Lumia 822. Those of us who had signed on board to WP7 only a year earlier decided to wait for the rumored 92x for Verizon. Months passed...

Then a rumor! The Nokia Lumia 928. Leak after leak came out. Black, white, cyan, red. All the specs of the 920 + a wonderful lowlight camera. Months passed... And then we got the device! In black and white... Rumors of a candy red device swirled across the internet. Verizon insiders reported seeing release of the red device in the system for Father's Day. We saw pictures of the candy red 928's shell undergoing testing. Months passed - It never came.

Then the Icon rumors started...

You see - this is just what we put up with. This is what it means to be a Windows Phone fan on Verizon. Things are starting to change now, it seems, with Verizon carrying two high-end WP8 devices.

And so we continue to wait. Some of us more patiently than others. Loving our Windows Phones every step of the way. Until we finally see this update, our motto will continue to be, "One of these days!"

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
But our lovely Trophy's never did get an official WP7.8 update.

Thank god that the Trophy could get ROOTED with Custom roms, Yep I had 7.8 when every other phone got it, thanks to custom roms but, NO THANKS to Verizon...

but, everything else you said, I agree with Verizon and Windows Phone, it's always been a waiting game.

I want to think they are really testing it and be assured that we will have a bug free phone but, as normal, that is not always the case and bugs show up anyway.

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock....it's gota be soon.... come on Verizon get with the program...

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
After reading of more folks who have received cyan and further reading about seemingly far to many "meh" reactions to it I'm beginning to wonder how noticible and helpful it will actually be as far as any improvements.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss