09-30-2014 09:26 PM
48 12
tools
    We're going to see the headline "Lumia Cyan firmware rolling out for the Verizon Lumia Icon"

Oh what a glorious day it will be!
    KoukiFC3S and BB_Jay like this.
    06-23-2014 02:11 PM
    Keep your fingers crossed:-) Hang in there.
    06-23-2014 02:17 PM
    I predict no later than late July early August. Verizon's been pretty good about rolling out updates for WP. It's Android that it takes its time with. Probably because of so many different phones and different versions of Android that are on its network.
    06-24-2014 03:12 PM
    One of these days....
    08-04-2014 11:54 AM
    one of these days, months, years
    DatabaseMX likes this.
    08-04-2014 11:58 AM
    aarrrgggg!
    DatabaseMX likes this.
    08-05-2014 01:19 AM
    IDK why but I have a good feeling about tomorrow....

inb4 disappointment.
    Indistinguishable and vepac like this.
    08-11-2014 02:08 PM
    I just checked, no update.

I wonder if the 1020 on AT&T will get Cyan before us.
    08-11-2014 02:54 PM
    #disappointment
    08-12-2014 02:41 PM
    If you go and look at the vzw forums (official) many people are starting new threads asking when the windows phones will start to get updates. Right now I am thinking around Christmas. Especially since it took them almost a year to give the Motorola razr HD kit Kat.
    08-12-2014 10:33 PM
    That's because it was Android. It only took about a month or two for VZW to roll out the Black update. I originally said early Aug and it's already mid-Aug. So maybe in the next couple weeks... Btw, this is what we can expect... mostly... when it does roll out.

Lumia Cyan and what it brings to Windows Phone 8.1 and the Lumia 930 | Windows Phone Central
    08-12-2014 11:12 PM
    Maybe today!!

HAHAHAHA
    Indistinguishable and MikeLip like this.
    08-19-2014 09:53 AM
    Maybe today!!

HAHAHAHA
    One can wish as much....I would dream but, my dreams are for much bigger things :)

Sick of this icon overheating when I use the phone...I wanted to hard reset to see if that helps but, waiting for Cyan as I don't want to do it 2 times....and lose more save games...
    08-20-2014 10:44 AM
    For me personally, the master reset fixed the overheating issues
    08-20-2014 06:38 PM
    For me personally, the master reset fixed the overheating issues
    Yea but, when Cyan finally hits, I PLAN on doing a hard reset, with us being so close (could be any day now according to "rumors"), I have to wait as I need my phone running not having to hard reset it 2 times in a few weeks...
    MikeSo likes this.
    08-21-2014 09:27 AM
    This reminds of when we were waiting for the Icon to come out -_-
    vepac likes this.
    08-21-2014 09:58 AM
    As a Verizon Windows Phone user since day one of the HTC Trophy... This is the same waiting game for EVERYTHING related to Windows Phone & Verizon.

First we waited for a Windows Phone 7 device. While AT&T got multiple Lumias, HTC's, a Samsung, and a Dell. We got one phone: The HTC Trophy. We waited for a Lumia, waited and waited. Never came.

But, alas! Windows Phone 8 was right around the corner. We were happy to hear that all Windows Phone 7's would be receiving the WP7.8 update to tide us over to WP8 devices, which apparently Verizon was going to receive plenty of. We waited and waited... But our lovely Trophy's never did get an official WP7.8 update.

But then came the announcements! The Nokia Lumia 920 & the HTC 8x! With all those magnificent colors & features. Damn, did we want one of those sexy devices. We got the 8x, but because we're second class WP fans, we were only given one Lumia. The Nokia Lumia 822. Those of us who had signed on board to WP7 only a year earlier decided to wait for the rumored 92x for Verizon. Months passed...

Then a rumor! The Nokia Lumia 928. Leak after leak came out. Black, white, cyan, red. All the specs of the 920 + a wonderful lowlight camera. Months passed... And then we got the device! In black and white... Rumors of a candy red device swirled across the internet. Verizon insiders reported seeing release of the red device in the system for Father's Day. We saw pictures of the candy red 928's shell undergoing testing. Months passed - It never came.

Then the Icon rumors started...

You see - this is just what we put up with. This is what it means to be a Windows Phone fan on Verizon. Things are starting to change now, it seems, with Verizon carrying two high-end WP8 devices.

And so we continue to wait. Some of us more patiently than others. Loving our Windows Phones every step of the way. Until we finally see this update, our motto will continue to be, "One of these days!"
    DavidinCT, MobileVortex and MikeSo like this.
    08-21-2014 10:19 AM
    oh god, please don't bring that up again. My PTSD starts acting up when i'm reminded of it.
    08-21-2014 10:28 AM
    But our lovely Trophy's never did get an official WP7.8 update.
    Thank god that the Trophy could get ROOTED with Custom roms, Yep I had 7.8 when every other phone got it, thanks to custom roms but, NO THANKS to Verizon...

but, everything else you said, I agree with Verizon and Windows Phone, it's always been a waiting game.

I want to think they are really testing it and be assured that we will have a bug free phone but, as normal, that is not always the case and bugs show up anyway.

Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock....it's gota be soon.... come on Verizon get with the program...
    08-21-2014 10:39 AM
    After reading of more folks who have received cyan and further reading about seemingly far to many "meh" reactions to it I'm beginning to wonder how noticible and helpful it will actually be as far as any improvements.
    08-21-2014 11:21 AM
    After reading of more folks who have received cyan and further reading about seemingly far to many "meh" reactions to it I'm beginning to wonder how noticible and helpful it will actually be as far as any improvements.
    Camera improvements, battery improvements, double tap to wake. That's why I want Cyan for myself.

But think about those who aren't on the developer preview? That's the vast majority of Icon owners. My sister has an icon, I don't feel comfortable moving her to the developer preview. She needs 8.1 and Cyan. I want Cyan on Verizon, not just for myself, but for the growth of WP on Verizon as a whole.
    08-21-2014 11:23 AM
    The thing i want most is the "project my screen" feature. I'm going to be purchasing one of these for my car and it supports Miracast.
    08-21-2014 12:47 PM
    I want it so my Fitbit can sync with it. That will be noticeable to me.
    But yeah, most Icon users still have 8.0, and since the 8.1 update rolls out at the same time as Cyan it will be noticeable to them...
    08-21-2014 06:45 PM
    The thing i want most is the "project my screen" feature. I'm going to be purchasing one of these for my car and it supports Miracast.
    Interesting, never seen this before..
    08-21-2014 07:55 PM
    I just checked, no update.

I wonder if the 1020 on AT&T will get Cyan before us.

Same feeling with L925 tmo
    08-21-2014 07:59 PM
48 12