Anyone else have call quality issues with Icon?

hepi

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else had call quality issues with their Icon? I like everything about the phone, it is a nice upgrade to my 928. However, the people I call can barely hear me unless I use speakerphone or talk VERY loudly, both of which are not practical. Thinking it had something to do with running DP8.1 I used the NOKIA software recovery tools to revert back to WP 8. Still have the same issue. I love my Icon, but it is unusable for it's primary purpose...as a phone. Bum unit or known issue?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine is great for calls. I don't talk on it a lot, but when I do, it's been very good, no issues with people hearing me. FWIW, a couple reviews did complain about phone quality.

hepi

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
To show what I am talking about, I uploaded a zip file with a couple of messages I left on my home phone. For the Icon I had it up to my ear, holding it normally, and talking very loudly. I was using the 928 similarly but talking normally.

Attachments

• 928 & Icon Voice Comparison.zip
    35.2 KB · Views: 11

hepi

Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Mine is great for calls. I don't talk on it a lot, but when I do, it's been very good, no issues with people hearing me. FWIW, a couple reviews did complain about phone quality.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it very much. Regretfully, I will have to return this Icon, just don't know if I should get my money back or exchange it.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
The sound quality on my better half's icon is amazing. If you like everything else about the phone you should exchange it because your problem is not the norm.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm having no issues either. In fact, I would rather use the speaker phone than my Bluetooth ear piece. I also have no problems when connected to my car's Bluetooth.

TomAd9

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it very much. Regretfully, I will have to return this Icon, just don't know if I should get my money back or exchange it.

My 1st Icon I had to return due to voice quality. They sent me a new one and it has been great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786