Orange and Green backs

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea, I think so too....Man I can do that on my phone for $30....tempting.....really tempting...

Is going white playing it safe ? Orange is just so loud and it's more $$....but, the white back with the black drip has such nice contrast, pretty epic looking...Hmmmm

I think the White on Black is super elegant looking. That combination on the Icon is the perfect example of what the phone of my dreams looks like!

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think the White on Black is super elegant looking. That combination on the Icon is the perfect example of what the phone of my dreams looks like!

Then change out your back... I do have a black one (wanted a white one but, long story) I'm wondering if I am gong white or Orange....even talked to my wife, She said the Orange is a little loud but, if you like it go for it...

....Hey, funny, we have the same history of WP8 devices :)

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
You'll need to order the Qi charging adhesive as well as NFC antenna. I got both adhesives and works perfectly fine with my back new back cover

I was able to get the Qi charging sticker off the original back without any problems. I just used a hair dryer to warm it up first.

I bought all the components, but the new charging sticker had a little crease in it that caused my screen to go crazy when charging. Since I was inpatient I decided to remove the original one since worst case I could order an another one of it didn't work.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I was able to get the Qi charging sticker off the original back without any problems. I just used a hair dryer to warm it up first.

I bought all the components, but the new charging sticker had a little crease in it that caused my screen to go crazy when charging. Since I was inpatient I decided to remove the original one since worst case I could order an another one of it didn't work.

What about the rest of the components? the NFC and flash? did you use the original of those or the new ones. I'm not on Edge so i don't have a need to return my device other than maybe selling it on eBay or what not. I would like to just be able to but the back and not the rest.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
What about the rest of the components? the NFC and flash? did you use the original of those or the new ones. I'm not on Edge so i don't have a need to return my device other than maybe selling it on eBay or what not. I would like to just be able to but the back and not the rest.

I just moved those components over to the orange back I purchased along with the white. The only issue I see is that the adhesive for the flash is on the actual back, so I will likely not be able to reattach it to the black back. Be careful not to bend the stickers too much when you are taking them off. I heated them up with the hair dryer and then used a scalpel to gently get under one corner and then slowly pulled it back. You will need to take the NFC sticker off before you can get to the flash.

The stickers do not hold nearly as tightly the second time, but I do not foresee any issues since the back is to snug. It is more to make sure they stay in place while you put the back on.

anon(7822191)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
When removing the back- we use the suction cup to pull up/ loosen the cover , and then pry the rest off gently with the plastic tool? Then it's just a matter of applying the adhesive gadgetry and sliding the new cover in place?

Also, when replacing the back of a black 930 for a green 930 (instead of say, a black icon for a green 930 back), there's nothing I'll need to do differently or use different parts, right?

jtran51

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
It looks terrible. I would not recommend cellphoneshop.com / cellphoneshop.net. The camera lens and microphone cut-outs are incomplete. I paid for the Matte coating but it is more of an oil slick than anything useful. Completely disappointed.

They refuse to make up for the poor product quality and dismissed the complaint even though I sent pictures of the skin. I ask for a full/partial refund (on the Matte coating) but in any case they want me to pay for postage despite the website saying otherwise.

I should've looked up reviews on this company before.

Would love to see this once you get it on. Black and yellow would look great together (Pittsburgh pirates fan here)

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
It looks terrible. I would not recommend cellphoneshop.com / cellphoneshop.net. The camera lens and microphone cut-outs are incomplete. I paid for the Matte coating but it is more of an oil slick than anything useful. Completely disappointed.

They refuse to make up for the poor product quality and dismissed the complaint even though I sent pictures of the skin. I ask for a full/partial refund (on the Matte coating) but in any case they want me to pay for postage despite the website saying otherwise.

I should've looked up reviews on this company before.

Sorry about that. Mine was pretty good quality, but I took it off because I got bored with it. What was it, $7? Not a real loss there.

anon(7822191)

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Boy was that easy. You literally just snap the back off, put the stickers on the new back, and snap that on.

1.jpg2.png3.jpg

The green is such a nice lime color. It's perfect. In sunlight, it literally glows just like the green that glow in the dark/ glow under florescent lighting. Pretty wild.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I think I want the Orange one but, It seems crazy as it's around $60-65 for everything from over seas... The white one with everything is like 1/2 that...

I wanted to keep a backout plan, just incase I want to sell the phone at some point and the new buyer does not want to have a orange back.

Last edited:

brdl04

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Black with a White Icon looks good too. Sorry for the upside down photo.. Iphone....

Attachments

• IMG_0012.JPG
    IMG_0012.JPG
    278.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0010.JPG
    IMG_0010.JPG
    314.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    432.9 KB · Views: 19

ajscalingi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
All, I did it as well: I purchased the lime green, then removed the flash/NFC from my old white cover and placed it on the green cover. Simple as that.

V__4142.jpgV__BD5D(2) 1.jpg

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
any tutorial video? hows does the speaker sound after mod?

Your not changing the speaker....Look a few pages back, It's pretty much the back cover, it pops right off. On it has the QI charger and NFC on it, they are like stickers that you need to replace on the other one...You can pull everything from your old one or buy new ones...

Just look through the thread from the start, you will find everything on it, including where to buy everything depending on the color you want to change to...

loki993

May 6, 2014
Visit site
Got a question and sorry if its been asked before but has anyone had any issues with signal or wireless charging after the back swap?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb