Orange and Green backs

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hello to all, I am new to the site, though i have been lurking for quite some time:). I just purchased my green back with the NFC, charge plate and flash. Wish me luck...
I have a black ICON so I think it will look pretty sweet with the green back.

I have a black phone with white and green backs. The white on black looks pretty slick. I wanted an orange one but, was wondering if it would be too Halloween looking...

msimmons803

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Ok, so I have switched the back but the new back isn't quite on all the way at the bottom. It's just a hair off. Any tips? I put it on from the bottom up and had trouble so i took it back off and started from the top down and have it almost perfect but the bottom is a hair off and i don't think the clips have connected all the way.

lethalfriend

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I would get mine today hopefully and will try how it goes. By the way i am planing to use it with Flash only for now. Will add other perks like NFC and Wireless charging later this week as i'll have to re-use the old ones.

amd20x6

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I purchased a green back for my Icon for $17 on Ebay. The swap went perfectly! Total time was about 10-15 minutes.

I pushed on the tab in the SIM slot with a small flathead screwdriver to get the back loose. I then carefully went around the perimeter of the phone with a plastic no-mar pry tool starting from the SIM slot.

I first warmed up the adhesive for a few minutes before transferring the NFC, Qi and flash. I did this by resting a resealable bag filled with boiling water on the inside of the old cover. After this the NFC and Qi lifted easily with the aforementioned pry tool. The LED pushed out from the other side.

The new back had adhesive for the LED; the other stickers went back on flat and secure.

The back snapped back on with no issues. I started from the bottom as mentioned elsewhere.

Thanks everyone for the tips!

moverton

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Since several people have wanted a Cyan back, has anyone thought about getting a white back and dying it with something like Rit liquid dye?

amd20x6

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Since several people have wanted a Cyan back, has anyone thought about getting a white back and dying it with something like Rit liquid dye?

You'd have to be careful to avoid clogging the extremely fine mesh over the speaker and two microphone holes. It'd probably also be a good idea to tape off the electrical contacts on the NFC/Qi/flash if you don't remove them first. Other than that, it may be worth a try.

Torontonian22

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I have ordered two back cover for my black lumia 930 : White and Green. Unfortunately, as expected, the quality of the back covers are not actually as good as the original. Already happened to me when I swapped my 920 back cover. I broke a clip on the green cover so I'll have to wait to glue it before putting it on. In the meantime, the white is in place and the stormtrooper 930 is looking sharp. BTW, I have moved the NFC coil, flash etc from the original cover to the new cover quite easily.

Here are a few pics :

View from the back
P1060067.jpg

View from the back but standing
P1060070.jpg

View from the side
P1060074.jpg

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I went through this. I have all the color backs with all the bits (NFC,QI and FLASH), Black, Orange, Green and white, they are ALL OEM version, not 3rd party knock offs. I have a black ICON, I don't ever put the black one on any more.

I think my favs are the white back (the black phone with the white back looks so slick), or the orange, due to being so abstract and gives a wow factor to people who see it... but, yea in some aspects, it does look a little Halloween...still cool tho.

Nice way to change up your ICON... for like $20 ? Well worth it, unless you use a case.

To pop them off, I use a suction cup (medium phone one), get the bottom first a little tug, it pops off, then get the top, Replacement, Try to get the top and bottom in first, then push in the sides....takes about 30-40 seconds to do a swap.

shiva484

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Never mind! Holy cow i found the sweet spot it was SUPER easy though the sim tray. It looks so pretty!
P.s. I used the NFC, QI charging pad and the flash from my original back and all three work perfectly. so it only cost me 14 dollars!
would you provide some tips to remove all the originals.. my black 930 had second mic problem and Microsoft has replaced my entire mobile except the back plate which is in worst condition :( I am seriously considering tho change the back cover to green

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077