03-14-2015 12:30 AM
28 12
tools
    Has anyone tried the "iOttie Easy Flex Wireless Qi Standard Charging Car Mount " with the Nokia ICON? I had to return the Nokia wireless car charger because it would clamp down on the camera button, I don't want to order this one if it has the same problem on the ICON.

Thanks,
    06-30-2014 01:15 PM
    They are on sale today, 50% off.
    06-30-2014 01:38 PM
    They are on sale today, 50% off.
    It looks like it would have the same problem :\. Were you using the CR-201 or the CR-200, OP?

Where do you see them on sale?
    06-30-2014 03:36 PM
    I had bought the CR-200, didn't know there was a 201, does that fit?
    07-01-2014 06:27 AM
    Wireless charging car holder updated to support the Lumia 1520 | Windows Phone Central

It was upgraded with some new more durable parts and also, apparently, for a better fit for the 1520 & 930/Icon. But I can't find anyone to confirm that it works well with the Icon.
    07-01-2014 08:15 AM
    I've had very good luck with the Proclip specific mounts, currently using one for my Lumia 928. I tried a couple non-specific mounts from others and they hit buttons on the phone and couldn't charge fast enough to keep up with demand.

I have an Icon on the way and have ordered the ProClip mount for it as well. The hardwire kit is a full 2.1 amps and keeps phone charged even when navigating and streaming music.

Not cheap but it's secure and fast charging!

Nokia*Lumia Icon*Phone Holders*-*ProClip USA

My first post here but no connection with Proclip other than user experience.
    07-01-2014 04:18 PM
    I've had very good luck with the Proclip specific mounts, currently using one for my Lumia 928. I tried a couple non-specific mounts from others and they hit buttons on the phone and couldn't charge fast enough to keep up with demand.

I have an Icon on the way and have ordered the ProClip mount for it as well. The hardwire kit is a full 2.1 amps and keeps phone charged even when navigating and streaming music.

Not cheap but it's secure and fast charging!

Nokia*Lumia Icon*Phone Holders*-*ProClip USA

My first post here but no connection with Proclip other than user experience.
    But that's Micro USB. You would be missing out on all the benefits of Qi.
    07-01-2014 04:51 PM
    But that's Micro USB. You would be missing out on all the benefits of Qi.
    Nothing Qi can give me outweighs the benefit of having a fully charged phone after my hour commute. Also, the added benefit of having a mount the phone actually stays in, without hitting any of the side buttons, is additionally worth it.
    07-01-2014 05:39 PM
    That holder looks very good, but, after having several phones with Micros USB charging, there is one problem I really want to avoid, eventually, the connection will get damaged. I have had to replace a phone because the usb port was damaged from all the use and went through several cables. I don't know why they insist on using micro USB for both charging and data transfer, it is just not the most durable design. That said, if I can't find a good QI charger that fits well, this may end up in my car.
    07-02-2014 06:33 AM
    I have been using fixed mount micro-usb car docks for years without a single issue. Now if it were a cable being plugged and unplugged all the time, with all the effects of cable strain in different directions, I can see your point. In this case and the case of previous Motorola car docks I have used, the phone is locked in place and there isn't any strain on the micro usb port. Anyway, just my 2 cents!

I haven't had any luck finding a 2.0 amp charger in the Qi variety with a solid mounting for the phone that doesn't touch the buttons. For sure stay away from the Chotech Qi holder/charger, it shook all over the place and the charge rate was horrible.
    07-02-2014 09:50 AM
    I've been looking at the iOttie too, wondering what the charge rate is and how well it works. I can't find any reviews though. Even though Qi charges slower I like that it is universal. That would allow us to charge our 928, Icon, GS4 and any other Qi phone. That said, I've been eyeing the ProClip also, but I really want a universal so my wife and I can use it.
    07-03-2014 01:30 PM
    It looks like it would have the same problem :\. Were you using the CR-201 or the CR-200, OP?

Where do you see them on sale?
    The CR-201 is actually called the "CR-200 updated" and according to Nokia it is compatible with the Icon.

Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder - Overview - Nokia - USA

The problem now is that Microsoft replaced the accessories app with the device hub app. In doing so, they broke capability to auto start the Nokia Car app and Desktop apps using the NFC tags built in to the CR-200 updated and the DT-910.

Nokia Wireless Charging Car Holder - Offers - Nokia - USA
    ctdreamin likes this.
    07-03-2014 06:06 PM
    I saw the nokia cr-201, I will probably give that one a try.
    07-07-2014 10:48 AM
    This is an old thread, but the question never got answered.

Has anyone had experience with the iOttie Easy Flex Qi Car Mount and the Icon/930?
    12-29-2014 11:54 AM
    This is an old thread, but the question never got answered.

Has anyone had experience with the iOttie Easy Flex Qi Car Mount and the Icon/930?
    As long as it is Qi standard then it should work. As for the CR-200 updated, I got one and it works better than the original. They modified the rubber grips on the upper (right side) arm to allow for the Icon/930's camera button placement.
    12-29-2014 09:37 PM
    I'm interested more in whether or not I'll have button/grip placement issues.
    12-29-2014 10:23 PM
    I looks like it doesn't. The part that the bottom of the phone sits on looks to be adjustable.

iOttie iOttie Easy Flex Wireless Qi Standard Charging Car Mount for Google Nexus 5 and Qi Enabled Smartphones
    12-29-2014 10:56 PM
    i use this one Universal Qi Wireless C1 Car Charging Mat Power Full 360 Rotation Mount Cradle | eBay

never had any trouble & its worked with my 820,920 my massive 1520 and now my new 930 enable double tap to wake up and you neve need to use the side buttons once its mounted
    07outback likes this.
    12-30-2014 01:38 AM
    As long as it is Qi standard then it should work. As for the CR-200 updated, I got one and it works better than the original. They modified the rubber grips on the upper (right side) arm to allow for the Icon/930's camera button placement.
    Can you elaborate on this or provide a picture? I have the original CR-200 but have a 930 on the way and I guess I need to get updated.
    01-12-2015 04:46 PM
    Can you elaborate on this or provide a picture? I have the original CR-200 but have a 930 on the way and I guess I need to get updated.
    Sure. The rubber piece that grips the phone has a notch in it to allow for the camera button. It's something you won't see in pictures. I'll post a pic tomorrow.
    01-15-2015 12:53 AM
    I purchased and have been using the iOttie Easy Flex with my Icon for a couple weeks now. It works perfectly. Just as I would expect a qi charger to work in the car.

The grips make it a bit hard to get to the power button. But that should be a none-issue once we get Denim with double tap to wake.
    01-15-2015 09:12 AM
    I purchased and have been using the iOttie Easy Flex with my Icon for a couple weeks now. It works perfectly. Just as I would expect a qi charger to work in the car.

The grips make it a bit hard to get to the power button. But that should be a none-issue once we get Denim with double tap to wake.
    Could you give us a picture of it inside the cradle if you don't mind? I want to see how the buttons line up, etc.
    01-15-2015 09:36 AM
    Could you give us a picture of it inside the cradle if you don't mind? I want to see how the buttons line up, etc.
    Sure. I'll have to do it later when I have my wife's phone on hand to take pictures with.
    01-15-2015 09:45 AM
    I just had an epiphany, I'm using a case with button cutouts and that actually protects the buttons from getting pressed because they're recessed back from the case edge. Sure enough I put it in my CR-200 car charger and it works perfectly. So I just need to stick to cases with recessed buttons and then never worry about button placement. :)
    01-18-2015 08:04 PM
    Sure. I'll have to do it later when I have my wife's phone on hand to take pictures with.
    Any chance you took the pictures of your Icon in the mount? I'm looking at buying one and just trying to figure out which one is my best bet. I'm assuming based on your previous post, that this mount doesn't depress the power or camera button, it just makes it a little hard to get to?

Also, I'm planning on using this on a long trip. How does it charge when you're running a navigation app? Can it keep up?

Thanks!

EDIT: Well, I ordered it. I saw some other people in the Amazon Q&A and reviews that said iti worked well with the Icon too.
    Last edited by Mark Terborg; 01-30-2015 at 02:30 PM.
    01-28-2015 08:40 PM
28 12