I just got a replacement Icon from VZW and it had this firmware on it already. I've seen one thread mention it in reference to downgrading to 8.0, but I haven't seen anybody talk about it since.

Does anybody have any experiences they can share about this version? So far I've noticed it still has the power on lag of my other handset. But otherwise I haven't had it long enough to notice any improvements. I did notice it has little arrows for the data connections when it's using them (kind of annoying), but nothing else so far.

I did go ahead and put 8.1 on it. I had reservations based on the poor experience with my original Icon. And since I'm already noticing the power button lag I can only assume nothing else is improved either. Word of advice though, it seems that you can't do a full backup restore from 8.1 to 8.0, which is why I ended up upgrading.

Just wanted to see if anybody else had any observations they could share about it.
    06-30-2014 10:26 PM
    Improved WiFi connectivity
    General performance and usability improvements
    Source: Nokia Lumia Icon - Software Update and Downloads - Nokia - USA

WiFi reception has improved for me on both 8.0 and 8.1. Along with the activity arrows, there is a new Verizon boot screen.
    06-30-2014 10:30 PM
    Ahh yes I forgot the boot screen.

And they could hardly make the Wi-Fi worse, so that has to be a good thing 😊. Though I haven't noticed a difference with my 2.4 connection I'll try the 5ghz and see if there is a difference.
    06-30-2014 10:42 PM
    I wish there was a way to force this update to come down on ICONs with 8.1....I was thinking about rolling back to take it but, with the rumor of 8.1 final being released for all phones this month and being able to get the current version with out hard resetting my phone (losing all my game saves because app backup is worthless).

I guess I should wait...
    07-02-2014 04:19 PM
    I wish there was a way to force this update to come down on ICONs with 8.1....I was thinking about rolling back to take it but, with the rumor of 8.1 final being released for all phones this month and being able to get the current version with out hard resetting my phone (losing all my game saves because app backup is worthless).

I guess I should wait...
    If that's the most recent version of the firmware then the recovery tool (not the care suite one, the other one) should pick it up, shouldn't it? That's what the changelog for 1.4.1 says.. "most recent commercial release".
    07-02-2014 04:24 PM
    Picked up a new Lumia Icon at the nearby Microsoft store today. I can confirm it has this firmware version. But shouldn't all Lumia Icons be on the same version of the firmware? Only exception might be if you're on the 8.1 beta, but I thought the firmware and Windows OS version are different and unrelated to each other?
    07-05-2014 10:04 PM