10-10-2014 02:09 PM
1,870 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    Do you think that htc made a deal with Verizon for 8.1 exclusivity for a limited time? You get the m8 but you have to do something for us.

I do think we will get denim quicker than it is taking for 8.1

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    09-14-2014 09:34 PM
    Do you think that htc made a deal with Verizon for 8.1 exclusivity for a limited time? You get the m8 but you have to do something for us.

I do think we will get denim quicker than it is taking for 8.1

It's possible I suppose. I don't think HTC has that much clout. I could see Samsung doing it though. They also make Windows Phones.
    Last edited by gernerttl; 09-15-2014 at 12:42 AM.
    09-14-2014 11:51 PM
    This is the week.

Source: I flipped a coin and it landed on heads.
    DavidinCT and nunyazz like this.
    09-15-2014 08:29 AM
    This is the week.

but in the story "heads up is coming soon"
    09-15-2014 08:37 AM
    This is the week.

Didn't someone (if not you) say that last week and the week before and the week before ? :)

I see maybe about another 3 weeks....this will get us in the Denim area.... I really don't want to wait months more to get the 4K video and calling Cortana with out touching the phone...

Besides, I said 30 pages and we are only at 23....
    09-15-2014 09:42 AM
    Besides, I said 30 pages and we are only at 23....
    This can be fast tracked. :p
    09-15-2014 10:52 AM
    It's possible I suppose. I don't think HTC has that much clout. I could see Samsung doing it though. They also make Windows Phones.
    I really wish Verizon respected Windows. ....

09-15-2014 11:12 AM
    I really wish Verizon respected Windows. ....

I kinda feel like corporate Verizon does have a soft spot for Windows Phone. But the individual stores and representatives treat it like absolute garbage.
    09-15-2014 11:16 AM
    I kinda feel like corporate Verizon does have a soft spot for Windows Phone. But the individual stores and representatives treat it like absolute garbage.
    I think that everyone except the select few treat the platform like it's dirt under their feet.

I'd like to say that some branch at Corporate VZW has a soft spot for Verizon, but their continual lack of software/firmware support says otherwise.
    09-15-2014 11:24 AM
    This is the week.

I will put all my trust in my Magic Eight Ball, till I see "outlook is good", "as I see it yes", or "my reply is yes" I will not get excited

the real mystery is which is more informed about when we will get Cyan/8.1, the Verizon Reps or the Magic Eight Ball...smart money is on the Magic Eight Ball
    PAC757 and alowisney like this.
    09-15-2014 11:29 AM
    I really don't get the lack of software/firmware support argument. Verizon has always been pretty prompt about updates. I honestly can not even think of a time I got screwed by them besides 7.8 on the trophy.
    feeked likes this.
    09-15-2014 11:32 AM
    The HTC One M8 on Verizon does come with 8.1. Not sure if you meant no Nokia phones on Verizon have 8.1 or not. Depending on how 8.1/Cyan does on the Icon once released I may pick one of those up.
    He said "at this particular dealer". Unless he's at a corporate owned Verizon store it's entirely possible that they don't sell the M8 with WP. The non-corporate stores I went to in April didn't even sell the Icon.
    09-15-2014 11:32 AM
    I knew about the M8 before buying my Icon and I went with the Icon for a few reasons. I don't like the look of the M8 with the top and bottom speakers. To me it looks odd and makes the phone larger than it needs to be.

I also don't like how the M8 incorporates the back, windows and search buttons along with the M8 not having the dedicated camera button. Lastly, the camera on the Icon is much, much better than the camera on the M8.

I will keep the Icon and wait for 8.1.
    09-15-2014 11:40 AM
    I really don't get the lack of software/firmware support argument. Verizon has always been pretty prompt about updates. I honestly can not even think of a time I got screwed by them besides 7.8 on the trophy.
    I wouldn't exactly say that +2 months after OEM release is "prompt."

We have an example of a prompt roll out of firmware/software. AT&T has released Cyan/8.1 to every single WP8 Lumia they have.
    Kieta likes this.
    09-15-2014 12:09 PM
    I wouldn't exactly say that +2 months after OEM release is "prompt."

We have an example of a prompt roll out of firmware/software. AT&T has released Cyan/8.1 to every single WP8 Lumia they have.
    AT&T's rollout start no more than 2 weeks ago and almost every other previous update from Verizon came first if not very close to first. At least quicker than most AT&T devices.
    09-15-2014 12:23 PM
    Could have sworn it was more than 2 weeks ago AT&T started their rollout, cause they did what seemed like a model a week.

EDIT: AT&T started on July 24 with the 1520.
    09-15-2014 12:35 PM
    Oh, that's right, the Trophy never got 7.8 did it.... ??? Dam you Verizon, you screwed me on it, so know what I did ? I found a custom rom with 7.8 on it and with free Wi-Fi tethering... so you screwed me, I screwed you !!! :)

I did put directions in the Trophy area to get 7.8 and a custom rom.... and a handful of people did on here..
    09-15-2014 12:44 PM
    AT&T's rollout start no more than 2 weeks ago and almost every other previous update from Verizon came first if not very close to first. At least quicker than most AT&T devices.
    Could have sworn it was more than 2 weeks ago AT&T started their rollout, cause they did what seemed like a model a week.

EDIT: AT&T started on July 24 with the 1520.
    More like AT&T rolled out 8.1 to the LAST device two weeks ago.
    09-15-2014 02:33 PM
    This is the week.

I use a magic eight ball. I get more options that way.

P.S. Are we there yet?
    09-15-2014 02:40 PM
    I will put all my trust in my Magic Eight Ball, till I see "outlook is good", "as I see it yes", or "my reply is yes" I will not get excited

the real mystery is which is more informed about when we will get Cyan/8.1, the Verizon Reps or the Magic Eight Ball...smart money is on the Magic Eight Ball
    I use a magic eight ball. I get more options that way.

P.S. Are we there yet?
    Do you guys have a magic eight ball app on WP8? Or does it require Cyan, thus making it unusable on our flagship devices?
    jazz70 likes this.
    09-15-2014 02:47 PM
    Do you guys have a magic eight ball app on WP8? Or does it require Cyan, thus making it unusable on our flagship devices?
    Actually... yes! And it doesn't need Cyan! For the record, I tried flipping a coin, but the durn thing kept landing on its edge.
    09-15-2014 03:50 PM
    Another week, another 5 or 6 pages... lol
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    09-15-2014 08:11 PM
    I wonder if cyan will be skipped completely... if so... denim better come FAST!!! I really want raw, and 4k, and HDR and smart flash, and better 5hgz WiFi. Come on Verizon! We bought the best you offer... now treat us like it!!!
    zweible, raqball and DavidinCT like this.
    09-15-2014 08:49 PM
    I wonder if cyan will be skipped completely... if so... denim better come FAST!!! I really want raw, and 4k, and HDR and smart flash, and better 5hgz WiFi. Come on Verizon! We bought the best you offer... now treat us like it!!!
    I don't see why not. Denim would have ALL updates that Cyan has, plus all of the new stuff. Not to mention WP 8.1 Update 1 (many of us DP users already have).
    09-16-2014 12:26 AM
    Another week, another 5 or 6 pages... lol
    25...that is the limit... Or I lose my bet.
    snowmutt and nunyazz like this.
    09-16-2014 12:27 AM
1,870 ... 2122232425 ...