Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
actually the icon did receive a firmware update that was at first not enabled for 8.1 users and sometime later they flipped the switch and allowed it for 8.1. so, cyan could work either way I guess, depending on what the Verizon gods decide.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
actually the icon did receive a firmware update that was at first not enabled for 8.1 users and sometime later they flipped the switch and allowed it for 8.1. so, cyan could work either way I guess, depending on what the Verizon gods decide.

That didn't really have anything to do with Bitlocker though. So I'm not sure it plays out as smoothly when it comes to WP8.1 updates.

jehusaunders

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
We all having discussions about this. Could we all channel it into a complaint launched against Verizon? Let us all support it and it will fast forward future updates.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I suppose so. Regardless, I'm doing a hard reset when the official update comes out.

Same here after the new update comes down unless I am forced to before.....finish up a game or 2 that I am at the end of....and then I will be hard resetting too...

Who knows but, I do hope the Fix was in the last update or, comes before Cyan/Denim comes down...

We've been there before on a major update (if you go back to WP7 days) one or 2 of the updates came down in 2-3 updates and needing a reboot between them.....

At this point I would not really worry about the Fix coming down...

SafeSchoolsCzar

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Here's a Tweet from Nokia today to a person that asked about getting Cortana on the Icon: "Well Denim is rolling out in q4, 2014 and the Icon is one of the few to get the full benefits of that update so soon! :)" So Denim will come out in a month or two, but I suspect the Icon will be one of the devices that gets it first. While we got stiffed on Cyan, we'll probably be ahead of the game on Denim. At least that's how I'm reading it. Then we'll get Denim for about a year and the life cycle of our Icons will come to an end just in time to wait for Corduroy or perhaps Polyester.

khador

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
lol nice touch with the Corduroy. Problem is I'm not entirely sure that Microsoft and Verizon are on the same page with firmware updates. Nokia used to talk about the Icon getting cyan in their marketing materials, but look where we are.

Is funny how we're now at 22 pages, it's not that big a deal really. I'd just love to get sensor core and bluetooth LE back so I can use my treasure tag.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Any reason for the hard reset or just to start it off on a clean OS install?

I have a heat issue (read back a page or to on my post) and it's said that it should fix the problem but, I am not going to reset my phone a bunch of times, I lose data when I do it so one time is enough.

And yes, I would like to get a clean start on it, hard reset....I will restore due to wanting to keep texts...

Chrono803

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I have a heat issue (read back a page or to on my post) and it's said that it should fix the problem but, I am not going to reset my phone a bunch of times, I lose data when I do it so one time is enough.

And yes, I would like to get a clean start on it, hard reset....I will restore due to wanting to keep texts...

Ahhh, that's right. I may have to do the same to see if that fixes my connectivity issues so I may be right there with you on all of this.

skiahh

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Here's a Tweet from Nokia today to a person that asked about getting Cortana on the Icon: "Well Denim is rolling out in q4, 2014 and the Icon is one of the few to get the full benefits of that update so soon! :)" So Denim will come out in a month or two, but I suspect the Icon will be one of the devices that gets it first. While we got stiffed on Cyan, we'll probably be ahead of the game on Denim. At least that's how I'm reading it. Then we'll get Denim for about a year and the life cycle of our Icons will come to an end just in time to wait for Corduroy or perhaps Polyester.

Yeah, sure. I've been with Verizon for quite some time now and they'll get the release in q4 and begin testing. We'll see it sometime next summer if we're lucky.

I'm guessing the next version will be Ecru (Black, Cyan, Denim... all colors).

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I have no trust that anyone in Nokia's Twitter department knows anything, but I'm dying to be proven wrong. Q4 starts in less than 3 weeks. Let's hope.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I have no trust that anyone in Nokia's any company's Twitter department knows anything, but I'm dying to be proven wrong. Q4 starts in less than 3 weeks. Let's hope.

FWIW, my Icon on WP8 runs hot too. I think it is a side effect of jamming a fast quad core, 2GB of memory, what could be a slightly older spec 1080p screen (saw in the Anand 930 review comments, someone speculating that it might be the same/similar panel to the S4 which was pretty power hungry) etc, etc, into a small area.

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site

Amber, Black, Cyan, Denim ..... seems to be a pattern here and it's not retro pants materials ...

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Just chiming in:

I've been bouncing around between 8.0 and 8.1 DP and I can certainly attest that WiFi is awful on DP, at least in my situation. On 8.1 I was getting maybe 5Mbps down but now back on 8.0 I'm getting 21Mbps which is approx what I pay for. :eck:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6