Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
There are no numbers because only Verizon is selling it. They aren't advertising, they are hoarders I don't want to show it off but I don't want anyone else to have it either. I am the only one I know with an icon. I have seen no commercials.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
There are no numbers because only Verizon is selling it. They aren't advertising, they are hoarders I don't want to show it off but I don't want anyone else to have it either. I am the only one I know with an icon. I have seen no commercials.

But those numbers he's referring to are AdDuplex numbers. So Verizon doesn't report them. They're collected through apps.

http://blog.adduplex.com/2014/08/adduplex-windows-phone-statistics.html

In the first or second slide of their report they say that they consolidate model names under their canonical retail names. Which I think means that the Icon is actually statistically accounted for in the 930 numbers.

The 930 was #28 world wide. And I'm guessing it's in that "other" category in the US chart.

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Backup Assistant was just updated. Fingers crossed it is backend telemetrics prep for the FW push.

Tomorrow marks one month since OM8FW was released.

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if I posted this somewhere or not buy my work has an android and IPhone app. I asked about windows and they said the market share is just too low. When it grows they will look at it but in the last quarter they said it dropped. :-(

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
We can't be such low numbers then. It's unfortunate not to really know.

At best, WP has a market share of around 4% in the US. Even if the Icon was 25% of all WPs, that would mean it had a market share of 1%. And it's more likely that it's closer to 2.5% of WP, leaving it at 0.1% market share. That does not give any Icon users any influence on Verizon whatsoever.

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
The new flagship is the HTC one, the icon took second place, releasing cyan would steal some momentum from the one, they wouldn't do that, they are going to give a few more days and release cyan with denim

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Mark my words we should be getting cyan + denim around the second or third week of November

STAHP

There isn't much confusion around this anymore. But we need to keep a few things in perspective.
- any person we talk to on the phone from either company only knows the company line
- the company line will give a spin on the reason to make them look better
- VZW: "Microsoft/Nokia hasn't release yet"...true, because VZW hasn't told them too
- Nokia: "VZW is testing"...true, and hence MS/Nokia hasn't released the update
- we'll see the update next month once the M8W exclusivity deal is done, no denim, this update has probably been ready for a month or two and they are just sitting on it

Listen to this guy.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
seriously hope you are wrong on this. I am hoping for an October release for cyan at least. Denim November.

I hope to hell not...I personally would rather get them both. After all the freaking waiting we are doing just to get Cyan, do you actually think we are going to get another big update from Verizon that soon ? Are you serious ? THIS IS VERIZON WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

I just dread looking at another thread like this one every day named "Official Denim for the Icon?"....going for possible months....

Just release them BOTH and call it a day, and IF they release both in the next few weeks before other carriers get Denim,in my eyes all will be forgiven for the major Cyan delay....

I will be TICKED off if we waited this long just to get Cyan with Denim right around the corner..

But, maybe it's just me....

nolan533

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I bought the Icon about 2 weeks ago and its my first windows phone.
I have to say that at least Verizon is consistent.
I've been using android from Eclair and All with Verizon.
Updades from Verizon have always been the last on the planet.

I see that I can expect the same of them with Windows

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
But, maybe it's just me....

It's not just you, but it is just us.

Again, the majority of Verizon Lumia owners are on WP8. They're not on WP8.1 developer preview. I'm fine waiting another year for Denim. Cyan needs to be out so that this platform can at least hit the major milestone of WP8.1

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
. I'm fine waiting another year for Denim.

I'm not... Sick of waiting... If AT&T would match my unlimited data, I think I would switch carriers....That fed up with it.

I see your point about getting it out to the wild, no question but, If it could be delayed by a few more weeks and get the full features of WP with Denim, I am all for it....

What do we really know anyway ? We are all just taking guesses and making guesses on those guesses, as of right now there is nothing and no official word or a backed up rumor from someone who "MIGHT" know....

I am one who would rather wait a week or 2 and get Denim, if it was an option...

When it comes down to it, on what we ARE going to get, your guess is as good as mine.... and at this point it's getting old...

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
im frustrated now.. but if cyan or denim doesnt fix my phone turning into a fireball im going to spike this thing like i just scored the game winning touchdown in the superbowl.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
im frustrated now.. but if cyan or denim doesnt fix my phone turning into a fireball im going to spike this thing like i just scored the game winning touchdown in the superbowl.

dannymean.gif

Old dude = Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077