10-10-2014 02:09 PM
1,870 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    8.1.1 has really screwed up my device, I never had issues with wifi before but now it's almost unusable when not close to the router. Also noticed a lot of "loading..." when starting apps and the slide animation from start screen to app list is not very smooth at all.

Glad I moved back to my Moto X last week, using it with an android wear watch which is pretty sweet.

Looking forward to getting the official Cyan update, really hope it fixes the issues I have on dev preview. Love Windows Phone OS and the Icon, I'm already a bit bored with Android. I will say that going back to Android has reminded me of how much better quality a lot of the apps are. WP is a better OS but without a doubt Android generally has better apps.
    09-25-2014 03:21 PM
    8.1.1 has really screwed up my device, I never had issues with wifi before but now it's almost unusable when not close to the router. Also noticed a lot of "loading..." when starting apps and the slide animation from start screen to app list is not very smooth at all.

Glad I moved back to my Moto X last week, using it with an android wear watch which is pretty sweet.

Looking forward to getting the official Cyan update, really hope it fixes the issues I have on dev preview. Love Windows Phone OS and the Icon, I'm already a bit bored with Android. I will say that going back to Android has reminded me of how much better quality a lot of the apps are. WP is a better OS but without a doubt Android generally has better apps.
    I would do a hard reset.
    09-25-2014 03:29 PM
    I had issues with the wifi before I upgraded to the latest 8.1.1 DP, as well as issues with the lag when turning on the screen every time. I upgraded to 8.1.1 and still the same issues :( So, I figured I might as well factory reset (and then restoring all my apps and data) and now the screen turns on instantly like it should. Also, wifi has not acted up yet either, but it's only been a day so I'm not convinced yet that it's fixed.
    09-25-2014 03:29 PM
    I'll be out by Dec 1 if we don't have it.
    interesting, that's my bday. could very well be the day
    09-25-2014 03:43 PM
    He might be right about this. Is 8.0.10532.166 the Wp8.1/Cyan prep build that people got right before updating to 8.1/Cyan?

Edit: Confirmed, this build is to prepare WP8's for the update to WP8.1. In this AT&T thread, they received the WP8.1/Cyan update right after installing 8.0.10532.166.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...cyan-live.html
    But how long is "right after"? Hours? Days?
    09-25-2014 04:16 PM
    Yeah I did a hard reset with restore (which failed a few times) but I still have the same issues. Before anyone suggests it ;) there's no way I'm going to waste my time going back to 8 and then up to 8.1 preview.
    09-25-2014 04:16 PM
    hmm.. or maybe someone at Verizon is taunting us. About 20 minutes ago I had checked for windows updates .. again... and received a nice bluish screen with information saying there was an update available for my phone and it was to help get things ready to install 8.1. I have the dp installed so I was a little surprised so tried taking screen shots. There was a media number on the top that kept increasing but it didnt seem like it was actually saving the screenshot unfortunately i accidentally hit the back button and when i told it to look for updates again it said i was up to date..
    09-25-2014 04:18 PM
    I was on 8.1DP and rolled back to 8.0. I just checked and no update and I am on WiFi and power..
    09-25-2014 04:26 PM
    hmm.. or maybe someone at Verizon is taunting us. About 20 minutes ago I had checked for windows updates .. again... and received a nice bluish screen with information saying there was an update available for my phone and it was to help get things ready to install 8.1. I have the dp installed so I was a little surprised so tried taking screen shots. There was a media number on the top that kept increasing but it didnt seem like it was actually saving the screenshot unfortunately i accidentally hit the back button and when i told it to look for updates again it said i was up to date..
    Blueish screen? The screen is either black or white depending on whether or not you're using the dark theme or the light theme.
    gernerttl likes this.
    09-25-2014 04:37 PM
    The only people taunting are MS. Windows OS showing up to date, what a joke.

It ought to read, "Your phone is 73 days out of date. Please update immediately for important fixes."
    MikeSo and aximtreo like this.
    09-25-2014 04:54 PM
    This thread is getting more stressful by the minute.
    09-25-2014 05:16 PM
    This thread is getting more stressful by the minute.
    For the 2nd day in a row I've missed a car accident by inches due to people driving like idiots. If you think this thread is stressful, maybe you need to get some fresh air ...
    09-25-2014 05:29 PM
    For the 2nd day in a row I've missed a car accident by inches due to people driving like idiots. If you think this thread is stressful, maybe you need to get some fresh air ...
    So sorry! I was checking my phone's update status, and didn't notice you!;D
    09-25-2014 05:45 PM
    So sorry! I was checking my phone's update status, and didn't notice you!;D
    You know, that's what makes it all so sad: there were no phones involved. No distractions that were obvious. Just people not following the most basic of traffic laws and almost ruining my week.

I need to really work to establish myself as a freelance writer so I can stay home more away from these crazy drivers and trigger happy law enforcement officers before they kill me.

Sorry, this got really off topic so let me fix that: still no update on my phone either.
    WarDamnEagle09 likes this.
    09-25-2014 05:54 PM
    Found this little tidbit... Maybe the Icon is one of them.

http://m.windowscentral.com/microsof...perator-combos
    09-25-2014 06:48 PM
    Except for the first comment from Rubino: "Still nothing for Verizon or T-Mobile, sorry ;)"

Hopefully we're getting it tomorrow... Because I'm to the tipping point.
    09-25-2014 06:57 PM
    I've already reached my tipping point. Next week I'll be getting the iPhone 6. If by chance Cyan is released between now and then I'll gladly check it out. Too little too late.
    09-25-2014 07:33 PM
    I've already reached my tipping point. Next week I'll be getting the iPhone 6. If by chance Cyan is released between now and then I'll gladly check it out. Too little too late.

That is just stupid. The WP still kicks Apples *** in every way.
    09-25-2014 07:46 PM
    That is just stupid. The WP still kicks Apples *** in every way.
    Agreed. My tipping point leads me to terminating my contract with Verizon early and going to AT&T - as opposed to waiting until the end of my contract in February.

Either way, Verizon has already lost my business after 10 years - not that they care.
    aximtreo and awilliams1701 like this.
    09-25-2014 08:13 PM
    I might pay the $350 penalty and take my business to AT&T again. I like Verizon but this is BS. Last time I did this was when I went from AT&T to T-Mobile when AT&T refused to let me upgrade my Lumia 900 without penalty to anything other than an iPhone... Paid penalty and moved on then too. But much less... $350 is a lot of dough. :) Of course, still less than paying upfront for the Icon.
    09-25-2014 08:37 PM
    Agreed. My tipping point leads me to terminating my contract with Verizon early and going to AT&T - as opposed to waiting until the end of my contract in February.

Either way, Verizon has already lost my business after 10 years - not that they care.
    ^This is really the point, it appears Verizon really doesn't care about losing a few hundred or a few thousand customers. I only use them because I have to at work, my personal lines are all AT&T, and no its not more expensive, with my company discount Verizon would cost me about $12 a month less with the same phones and plan I have with AT&T, that's with the discount, without it it would cost more than AT&T. I'm just fortunate that AT&T coverage is as good or better than Verizon where I live and work.
    09-25-2014 08:40 PM
    just remember to be careful with your new iPhone 6 in your pocket when you sit down, you may bend the phone
    09-25-2014 08:47 PM
    Yep. gonna do the same thing. Had it with Verizon.
    09-25-2014 08:59 PM
    For all those looking to leave VZ: https://www.cellbreaker.com

Not bad at $77 to break a line. Been contemplating it myself. Sick of VZ pricing, I barely get any data @ 1GB shared between 2 lines costs $135, daylight robbery. I used to excuse it by their coverage, but tbh it's not been all that great where I am, lots of occasions where I don't get any data coverage and I live in the middle of a major city.

Picked up an AT&T Lumia 635 to try out on Straightalk or AT&T, see how it goes.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    09-25-2014 09:43 PM
    Except for the first comment from Rubino: "Still nothing for Verizon or T-Mobile, sorry ;)"

Hopefully we're getting it tomorrow... Because I'm to the tipping point.
    That comment came from Rubino, editor in chief for WPCentral. But, yes... hopefully tomorrow or at least before the month is out. We haven't heard back from poster who said his girlfriend got the pre-8.1 update from Verizon.

Me, I will stay with Verizon. I've gone through this before with my Galaxy Nexus and when it came I was happy. I have better things to do than worry about when or if an OS update is going to be released.
    raqball and Tjarren like this.
    09-25-2014 09:51 PM
1,870 ... 3637383940 ...