10-10-2014 02:09 PM
1,870 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    So I have a question about the 8.1dp. I just got my icon and was wondering, is it worth it to get it? Are there features that I would be losing? If I roll back to 8.0, is my warranty still void? I've done rooting on androids and just always removed it and started fresh. Sorry for these questions, I'm new to windows phones.
    09-26-2014 03:55 PM
    So I have a question about the 8.1dp. I just got my icon and was wondering, is it worth it to get it? Are there features that I would be losing? If I roll back to 8.0, is my warranty still void? I've done rooting on androids and just always removed it and started fresh. Sorry for these questions, I'm new to windows phones.
    I would say it's certainly worth it. There are so many things different between 8.0 and 8.1. 8.1 rocks. I don't think I've seen anyone denied service because of installing DP, but as always there's a chance which is why they say the warranty will be void. Try it, if you don't like it roll back to 8.0.
    joston1018 likes this.
    09-26-2014 04:34 PM
    For comparison's sake. Let's actually just limit that to the ICON.

The coinciding thread about this topic in the 928 forums has a whopping three pages, whereas, we're at an elephantine 40!
    That makes us no less impatient to get Cyan, just less whiny about it. LOL, just kidding. I've been hammering Vzw on Twitter pretty hard, but they don't even fight back.
    Surmisation and mikeharden#WP like this.
    09-26-2014 05:02 PM
    That makes us no less impatient to get Cyan, just less whiny about it. LOL, just kidding. I've been hammering Vzw on Twitter pretty hard, but they don't even fight back.
    This
    mikeharden#WP likes this.
    09-26-2014 06:25 PM
    I would be surprised if there were more 928 users than Icon users at this point.
    dbadali likes this.
    09-26-2014 07:28 PM
    Yep. Of the 8 messages I've sent them, only one got a response. Their answer to my inquisition about the cyan update:

A link to their news site with the iPhone 6 plastered across.
    09-26-2014 10:02 PM
    NEW THEORY
    Cyan is an internal referencing to the fact that only ATT would be seeing these firmware improvements (the cyan logo). If this is the case, its worse than many of us fear. This would mean Microsoft/Nokia was fully aware and complicit before Cyan was announced at //build 14, perhaps even auctioning off the US firmware rights to ATT.
    09-26-2014 10:04 PM
    NEW THEORY
    Cyan is an internal referencing to the fact that only ATT would be seeing these firmware improvements (the cyan logo). If this is the case, its worse than many of us fear. This would mean Microsoft/Nokia was fully aware and complicit before Cyan was announced at //build 14, perhaps even auctioning off the US firmware rights to ATT.
    Uh... that is not a theory. That is what is called a WAG (Wild A** Guess)... and not even a scientific one at that. Especially since Europe, India, and several other countries have the update.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-26-2014 10:24 PM
    NEW THEORY
    Dagnabbit! I KNEW they should've named it Crimson instead of Cyan. Now we won't get any firmware updates until ... Scarlett?
    Surmisation and DavidinCT like this.
    09-26-2014 10:38 PM
    Dagnabbit! I KNEW they should've named it Crimson instead of Cyan. Now we won't get any firmware updates until ... Scarlett?
    You got jokes. I'm glad somebody finds it funny
    09-26-2014 10:50 PM
    I got 99 pages but still no cyan, and my theory is starting to become stronger and stronger, will get cyan with denim
    09-26-2014 11:50 PM
    I got 99 pages but still no cyan, and my theory is starting to become stronger and stronger, will get cyan with denim
    I'll believe it when see it.
    Still, won't praise them for doing it either.
    11B1P likes this.
    09-27-2014 02:21 AM
    Is denim already out in some places?
    Isn't Verizon getting another Lumia? Will e be pushed behind that as well?
    09-27-2014 06:58 AM
    What do you base that on, other than hope?
    09-27-2014 08:27 AM
    NEW THEORY
    Yep, just a guess, as no one has a clue, just wish someone at Verizon would leak some solid info.... Hate this guessing game...

Just release the dam thing already....WTF Verizon
    09-27-2014 09:11 AM
    Honestly, I think that they want to release denim instead. Doesn't it have VoLTE? I think Verizon wants more phones on that. I don't see us getting cyan.
    09-27-2014 01:25 PM
    Verizon: We were last with cyan but first with denim!!!! You will forget all about the three month wait
    Surmisation likes this.
    09-27-2014 02:34 PM
    If they release denim first I'll be happy
    DavidinCT likes this.
    09-27-2014 02:41 PM
    If you're waiting on updates I feel bad for you son, I got 99 updates but Cyan ain't one.
    09-27-2014 08:00 PM
    Verizon, I wish I knew how to quit you!
    hoola20055 likes this.
    09-27-2014 08:55 PM
    Everyone needs to start hammering and overwhelming the VZW Forums
    and calling them about the Cyan Update, It's the only way to get them to listen.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/windows

Twitter
    @VZWSupport @VZWnews @VerizonWireless
    #LumiaIcon #LumiaCyanUpdate

https://www.facebook.com/verizon/timeline

It's time to start turning up the heat.
    09-27-2014 09:52 PM
    Microsoft's new miracast dongle will not work without cyan :(
    mikeharden#WP likes this.
    09-28-2014 09:27 AM
    Nor will Bluetooth 4.0 LE. I can't use my Fitbit because of not having Cyan.
    09-28-2014 02:35 PM
    Everyone needs to start hammering and overwhelming the VZW Forums
    and calling them about the Cyan Update, It's the only way to get them to listen.

https://community.verizonwireless.com/community/windows

Twitter
    @VZWSupport @VZWnews @VerizonWireless
    #LumiaIcon #LumiaCyanUpdate

https://www.facebook.com/verizon/timeline

It's time to start turning up the heat.
    I haven't seen any VZW employees on those forums at all.
    09-28-2014 07:22 PM
    I haven't seen any VZW employees on those forums at all.
    On the Verizon forums ? They do pop on there time to time, if they monitor or even care, that is a different story.

If you catch a post about a hardware related problem they will pop in and say "call customer service @" kind of thing.

Posts about upgrades, nah, never even a reply unless it gets to a flaming/trolling match....(bad words and comments that offend people).

I have seen posts from them on there....Like I said, if they care that is a whole different story..

This is Verizon we are taking about it, I would bet they could care less....we got your money so screw you...
    09-28-2014 07:31 PM
1,870 ... 3839404142 ...