10-10-2014 02:09 PM
1,870 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    So, Cyan = AT&T, Debian Red = Verizon...

Poor T-Mobile users... Pink is a long ways away in the alphabet. Let's hope "Flamingo" is their codename.

EDIT: that's what I get for being color-blind. T-Mobile is magenta. So a little closer than P!
    Just for giggles, Debian Red looks more Magenta than Verizon Red.

The Color Debian Red | Codes, Matching Paint, and More
    Color / E71D0B / Verizon Red :: COLOURlovers
    Surmisation likes this.
    10-03-2014 04:30 PM
    Just for giggles, Debian Red looks more Magenta than Verizon Red.

The Color Debian Red | Codes, Matching Paint, and More
    Color / E71D0B / Verizon Red :: COLOURlovers
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooo................................!
    10-03-2014 04:52 PM
    twiter.jpg
    hi i am in Colombia and have a lumia Icon, wrote to verizon suport for twitter and this is the answer they give me the Cyan upgrade. I speak Spanish sorry for my bad English ..
    10-03-2014 05:14 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Twiter.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	83413
    hi i am in Colombia and have a lumia Icon, wrote to verizon suport for twitter and this is the answer they give me the Cyan upgrade. I speak Spanish sorry for my bad English ..
    Gracias, Julio. Pero esto es parte de la misma basura de Verizon.
    SpaceyO likes this.
    10-03-2014 06:45 PM
    So, Cyan = AT&T, Debian Red = Verizon...

Poor T-Mobile users... Pink is a long ways away in the alphabet. Let's hope "Flamingo" is their codename.

EDIT: that's what I get for being color-blind. T-Mobile is magenta. So a little closer than P!
    Lol. Colors are silly, but the logic is sound.

As crippling to productivity that Linux is, Ubuntu has the naming scheme on point.

Adjectives and Animals
    10-03-2014 07:18 PM
    In line with the chorus, I ordered an Icon online (knowing I would install the DP) and went to pick it up in store. The sales staff went out of their way to tell me that windows phones are junk and questioned my reasons for purchasing it. The salesperson proceeded to throw a fit after I corrected everything she made up. Then the manager refused to honor the online order (when the Icon was free). I can only imagine if someone was listening, it would be difficult to decipher who the salesperson was.

The manager refused to honor your online order?!
    10-03-2014 09:08 PM
    The manager refused to honor your online order?!
    That's right. He would not give me the promotional price of the phone (I.e. Free online with store pickup). Told me I had to pay $99 plus tax and activation fee. Apparently stores do not have to honor your online order. Had to get it cancelled and then get the Icon shipped to me. At least I didn't have to have them berate me for getting a windows phone again. Made it extremely difficult to get the phone I wanted.
    10-03-2014 09:23 PM
    That's right. He would not give me the promotional price of the phone (I.e. Free online with store pickup). Told me I had to pay $99 plus tax and activation fee. Apparently stores do not have to honor your online order. Had to get it cancelled and then get the Icon shipped to me. At least I didn't have to have them berate me for getting a windows phone again. Made it extremely difficult to get the phone I wanted.
    I really hope you can write this up while it's fresh in your mind and info is in the system, and do whatever digging is needed to find a large batch of executive email addresses (look up EECB). Because that's crap, and poor business to boot.
    10-03-2014 09:31 PM
    Same thing happened to me when I bought my icon.
    I ordered online for in store pickup.
    drove an hour to get to the nearest Verizon corporate store.
    had to waite 45 minutes for them to find a Icon while they were trying to sell me a iPhone.
    only to be told that they don't honor online pricing and that it would $140 for a free phone
    10-03-2014 10:10 PM
    Was this at an authorized reseller, or a company store? I did not have that experience with the Icon when I bought it at a Verizon company store in suburban Portland, OR. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, and never attempted to steer me away from the Icon or said anything disparaging. (Considering I bought the phone anticipating being able to update to 8.1/Cyan, I almost wish they had.)
    Joseph Anthony2 likes this.
    10-03-2014 11:36 PM
    Did anyone else notice in the article about Cyan coming to more preview for developer phones that WpCentral said that Verizon and T-Mobile haven't responded to inquiries about their testing? I assume that means even the site is harassing them and getting nowhere with it. It's just maddening that they can't even say the words we're working on it or we're going to denim instead. It'd go a long ways toward calming people and the site would probably run an article saying Verizon said they're working on it just to shut us all up lol
    MikeSo and wstanton like this.
    10-04-2014 12:03 AM
    Was this at an authorized reseller, or a company store? I did not have that experience with the Icon when I bought it at a Verizon company store in suburban Portland, OR. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, and never attempted to steer me away from the Icon or said anything disparaging. (Considering I bought the phone anticipating being able to update to 8.1/Cyan, I almost wish they had.)
    Whoa. I bought mine in Beaverton!! The first store i went to was in Hillsboro and both kind of discouraged me from the purchase.
    10-04-2014 12:04 AM
    Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) from SCANDAL, one of the highest rated shows on television, uses a Nokia Lumia Icon on the show. I wish they would show the screen with W 8.1 so verizon would get a clue : P
    10-04-2014 12:33 AM
    We need some WP buyers to video these employees doing this terrible job of selling WP and pushing iPhones or any other phone. I would love to see the employee disparaging a customer. Post them on you tube and link here!
    JBM425 likes this.
    10-04-2014 12:47 AM
    My magic 8 ball says differently. LOL

Attachment 83389
    Hmmm... Mine just came up, "Yes definitely."
    MikeSo likes this.
    10-04-2014 01:01 AM
    Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) from SCANDAL, one of the highest rated shows on television, uses a Nokia Lumia Icon on the show. I wish they would show the screen with W 8.1 so verizon would get a clue : P
    I wish she would send Huck and Quinn to have a private conversation with Verizon's CEO about it ...
    10-04-2014 01:29 AM
    WPs are EVERYWHERE in TV and movies. Just saw one used in "Gone Girl". Doesn't matter for sales, obviously, when stores don't even stock them.
    10-04-2014 02:11 AM
    Yup! Just got my Icon 2 days ago after visiting 2 Verizon stores and 1 best buy. First Verizon store told me no one buys WP and I should look at iPhone 6 and S5. Best buy friendly and honest salesperson told me best buy pushes for iPhone and Android phones and that they don't stock WP and accessories in store. Then I finally found a salesperson at a Verizon store who actually owns an ICON!! But when I asked about 8.1 update, she checked her phone and said "no update yet, there will be a $35 restock fee is you return the phone."... as if she thinks I may returned the phone soon because of the update. I start to think she might be right...
    10-04-2014 04:03 AM
    Yup! Just got my Icon 2 days ago after visiting 2 Verizon stores and 1 best buy. First Verizon store told me no one buys WP and I should look at iPhone 6 and S5. Best buy friendly and honest salesperson told me best buy pushes for iPhone and Android phones and that they don't stock WP and accessories in store. Then I finally found a salesperson at a Verizon store who actually owns an ICON!! But when I asked about 8.1 update, she checked her phone and said "no update yet, there will be a $35 restock fee is you return the phone."... as if she thinks I may returned the phone soon because of the update. I start to think she might be right...
    $35 restock? Is that outside of the 14-day window or within it!
    10-04-2014 06:18 AM
    10-04-2014 07:02 AM
    My experiences were at a company store in Bellevue, NE.
    10-04-2014 07:07 AM
    I have to find out if the store I bought mine outright from is a corporate store as they gave me no hassle at all. I walked in, went straight to the cat I talked to the day before about my account and with determination I just said, "I'm going to buy that one right now please". He said ok and went in the back and came out like two minutes later with a basket that had my Icon, and numerous accessories. I told him that unless he had a Qi dock in there I didn't need any accessories. He never even tried to push any, he just said that they didn't carry any docks for Windows phones. The guy was very nice and helpful, and the only thing he questioned me on was why I was buying outright when my upgrade was only 5 days away. I replied that I wanted to save the for the next flagship WP that comes out. He looked at me amazed and asked if I knew of one (this back on August 1st). Moral of the off-topic story is that I guess it all depends on the store...
    GoJays, Joseph Anthony2 and JBM425 like this.
    10-04-2014 07:39 AM
    $35 restock? Is that outside of the 14-day window or within it!
    That's within 14 days of course. I got 11 more days to think about it yet.
    10-04-2014 02:04 PM
    10-04-2014 04:07 PM
    Could i get a source for that? Btw sweet vape! I just ordered an MVP V2 :)
    Tepid likes this.
    10-04-2014 04:48 PM
1,870 ... 5152535455 ...