Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Moron, ha. I am no the one crying because i dont have 8.1 on my Icon. Oh my god my life is over what will I do now. Every company is different. They run it as they see fit. You dont like it then leave to ATT.
If you don't like this thread, nobody is forcing you to participate.

Existence_Inc

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
This thread can be summed up pretty easily: Entitlement.

People seem to forget that only ONE carrier in the US has released 8.1/Cyan: AT&T.

Time to get over ourselves and run DP 8.1.1 or can it and wait. Crying about it online isn't speeding up the process. No need to reply, I won't be back on this thread myself. It has grown tired.

~Ex

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Like I said, NO I DONT. ITS A PHONE. It will be tomorrows by next year. And no I dont have unlimited funds(have better things to spend my money on anyways) nor will I buy the latest and greatest everytime one comes out. My wife had the S3 up until a month ago. She got a S5 only because the S3 crapped out to to be up to date. I also had the S3, but got tired of all the issues so I came to WP(Icon).

You still don't get it. The situations you describe are not comparable (like updating the S3) because this isn't about putting new software on old hardware. It's about ACTIVATING built-in features of CURRENT hardware. We HAVE 8.1 already if we want to, thanks to the Preview program. What we DON'T have, due to Verizon's laziness/policy/whatever reason, is the code that Microsoft has released to take advantage of this existing hardware. It is not at all like updating some underpowered/outdated hardware with a new OS.

Is it the end of the world? No, just pretty annoying to keep paying monthly for features that we have but are not able to use. And months might not seem like a long time, but in the world of consumer electronics, months is a LONG time.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I get a kick out of this though. And nobody is forcing me. I can make choices if i dont like where I am at, hint-hint.
Are you saying AT&T will enable the SensorCore on my Icon? Or are you saying that I should buy a new phone in order to take advantage of a feature that my phone ALREADY has? You know, that idea that was so crazy for me to even suggest that Verizon might agree with you on?

You're either deliberately obtuse or a troll. Either way, no reason to spend time on trying to make you understand any of this.

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying AT&T will enable the SensorCore on my Icon? Or are you saying that I should buy a new phone in order to take advantage of a feature that my phone ALREADY has? You know, that idea that was so crazy for me to even suggest that Verizon might agree with you on?

You're either deliberately obtuse or a troll. Either way, no reason to spend time on trying to make you understand any of this.

No what I am saying is if i dont like VZW because of something then I will leave if I so choose to, to someone that can provide what i want.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
No what I am saying is if i dont like VZW because of something then I will leave if I so choose to, to someone that can provide what i want.

When you have 18 months left of a contract, with a $350 penalty, and your phone literally can not get this update, or LTE, anywhere else... that changes the equation. You DO understand that, right? Your solution keeps being "pay hundreds of dollars to Verizon because you're unhappy". That's a pretty crappy solution for everyone else except Verizon.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
When you have 18 months left of a contract, with a $350 penalty, and your phone literally can not get this update, or LTE, anywhere else... that changes the equation. You DO understand that, right? Your solution keeps being "pay hundreds of dollars to Verizon because you're unhappy". That's a pretty crappy solution for everyone else except Verizon.

Haha right, if I could afford to be with AT&T, I would be.

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
You still don't get it. The situations you describe are not comparable (like updating the S3) because this isn't about putting new software on old hardware. It's about ACTIVATING built-in features of CURRENT hardware. We HAVE 8.1 already if we want to, thanks to the Preview program. What we DON'T have, due to Verizon's laziness/policy/whatever reason, is the code that Microsoft has released to take advantage of this existing hardware. It is not at all like updating some underpowered/outdated hardware with a new OS.

Is it the end of the world? No, just pretty annoying to keep paying monthly for features that we have but are not able to use. And months might not seem like a long time, but in the world of consumer electronics, months is a LONG time.

Thats a chance you took, buy a phone with capability's not yet unlock because of a software program. Its been know for a long time how VZW does their updates. Do I like it or agree with it, NO. But I am not going to act all crazy because of it. My life doesnt revolve around a phone. I dont post what I am eating every minute of the day, if I am stuck in traffic, or working out at the gym, etc on FB, Twitter, Instagram. I kinda understand it, to a point. I have wantted a update before on Android that never came. I dont have that phone anymore, I moved on when the time came.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Thats a chance you took, buy a phone with capability's not yet unlock because of a software program. Its been know for a long time how VZW does their updates. Do I like it or agree with it, NO. But I am not going to act all crazy because of it. My life doesnt revolve around a phone. I dont post what I am eating every minute of the day, if I am stuck in traffic, or working out at the gym, etc on FB, Twitter, Instagram. I kinda understand it, to a point. I have wantted a update before on Android that never came. I dont have that phone anymore, I moved on when the time came.

Had a Galaxy S III, can confirm it took forever for Jelly Bean.

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

I understand where your coming form. I am not unhappy with VZW. They have the best service, I think here in Miami. If that means not getting a update, but getting and not dropping calls or the internet working when I need it, then I can wait for the update if it comes.

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
But in all seriousness, the 8.1 on the HTC is awsome, LOL. Just messing. To me its nice the transparent home screen. I bearly use Crotana or the notification screen. I heard IE now has unlimited pages, havent tried it yet. But I still cannt use this site on the desktop or mobile version. Also the contact list now doesnt give you the details of a contact. You have to go to people to get all the info on a contact, hate that. Still no key pad name search like Android, loved that and miss it. other than that not much I have seen or messed with thats different than the Icon. Oh, camera isnt like the icon, but i knew that. But I dont use the camera much, I have DSLR for important pics.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I really think the main issue here is lack of communication from Verizon. If they would at least explain or give some reason for the delay I really think people would lay back and wait more patiently. If they are indeed skipping cyan and jumping on denim it would be nice to know. If there are issues with cyan on their network, again, nice to know.
Unfortunately they have kept mum on the situation (more like dumb) on a flagship phone that I for one purchased and expected great service and support for.

Just my 2 cents...

WarDamnEagle09

Jul 23, 2013
Visit site
This is clearly a thread for a niche group within a niche group. It blows my mind why people would feel the need to hijack the thread to argue against the premise of its very existence. People like this are simply "in the way" and waste everyone's time.

pursuit2550

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I really think the main issue here is lack of communication from Verizon. If they would at least explain or give some reason for the delay I really think people would lay back and wait more patiently. If they are indeed skipping cyan and jumping on denim it would be nice to know. If there are issues with cyan on their network, again, nice to know.
Unfortunately they have kept mum on the situation (more like dumb) on a flagship phone that I for one purchased and expected great service and support for.

Just my 2 cents...

VZW talk to the little people, yah right. They dont care. They could lose thousands of customers and still make millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion