10-10-2014 02:09 PM
1,870 ... 45678 ...
tools
    now lock screen beta doesn't? is there an update?

never mind, its fine....
    08-19-2014 12:52 PM
    project my screen still doesn't work....
    08-19-2014 12:55 PM
    project my screen still doesn't work....
    Because cyan hasn't been released yet
    08-19-2014 12:59 PM
    Because cyan hasn't been released yet
    right, im keeping my fingers crossed, i used that a lot until update 1.
    08-19-2014 01:25 PM
    Installing something right now. Not sure what it is, I'll keep y'all posted.
    08-19-2014 03:24 PM
    This is the only well-known bug for the Icon with the WP8.1. If that's "rolling the dice" it's fine with me... the benefits far outweigh the negative of a slight delay on the power button (not even all the time, but most of the time).
    I am sure that those bugs don't effect everyone, as I haven't had any issues with my Icon. Keep in mind that even when you download and install a final version of any software to any device, there is a risk that something will not work properly or something will crash. Many of the issues that are seen with Preview Developer are due to firmware not being up to date. In my opinion, you have nothing to lose by installing the Preview Developer but a lot to gain, as far as the new features that are made available with it. If you install and don't like it or something doesn't work to your satisfaction there is always the option to downgrade through the Nokia Care Software. Again you lose nothing, other than maybe the time it takes to upgrade and downgrade.
    MikeSo likes this.
    08-19-2014 03:28 PM
    Installing something right now. Not sure what it is, I'll keep y'all posted.
    Still Lumia Black. Now OS Version 8.10.14157.200
    08-19-2014 03:32 PM
    Still Lumia Black. Now OS Version 8.10.14157.200
    BOO

Soon™
    Yea but, when will SOON be NOW ????? :)
    psiu_glen likes this.
    08-19-2014 07:31 PM
    I got it this morning. Not sure what changed; MSFT hasn't published a changelog. So I guess some minor fixes. Meh...
    08-19-2014 10:33 PM
    I got it this morning. Not sure what changed; MSFT hasn't published a changelog. So I guess some minor fixes. Meh...
    Thank you Reddit.
    gernerttl and garbagedrew like this.
    08-20-2014 12:24 AM
    Riddle me this.....

Now that we MIGHT be very close to getting Cyan, has anyone tried the Nokia Restore tool to see if they have Cyan available to restore your phone ? One would think that Nokia would have it long before it's released to the public....

Just a thought...
    08-21-2014 02:43 PM
    Riddle me this.....

Now that we MIGHT be very close to getting Cyan, has anyone tried the Nokia Restore tool to see if they have Cyan available to restore your phone ? One would think that Nokia would have it long before it's released to the public....

Just a thought...
    I rolled back to 8 on Sunday so I could exchange my Icon for a new one b/c I started getting the phantom swipes & taps issue. I used the Updater for Retail (vs. the Recovery Tool) and it only found the one option.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    08-21-2014 03:20 PM
    Riddle me this.....

Just a thought...
    Nice thought. Unfortunately, unlikely. Nokia would have to wait on Verizon to approve the latest version before making it available. They would get into trouble if they tried to do an end around Verizon.
    08-21-2014 10:40 PM
    Nice thought. Unfortunately, unlikely. Nokia would have to wait on Verizon to approve the latest version before making it available. They would get into trouble if they tried to do an end around Verizon.
    My thought process was, Verizon approves the final, sets a release day (normally a few weeks after it's final), then sends to Nokia in advance before release.....

Oh, well, more waiting....Dam you Verizon...
    08-22-2014 10:12 AM
    I used to think that AT&T was the worst carrier ever. Everyone I knew had dropped calls. The bills were crazy expensive. I think the calls are better and I believe they may be just as good as verizon on pricing. I've confirmed that at least on android Verizon is the slowest carrier to pass updates. It looks like they are also the slowest carrier to pass Windows Phone updates as well. AT&T has a better selection of phones (The Icon is still too small for me) and it seems to have gotten its updates faster than anyone else. I'm seriously thinking of dropping Verizon for AT&T.

Oh I blame the lack of QWERTY sliders as the reason why the phones are too small. I used to have an HTC Arrive (windows phone 7 with a landscape QWERTY sliding keyboard) and it was perfect because the keyboard was the size of the screen. Even at 5" the keyboard on the Icon is too small and it uses half the screen which sucks. I want either a dual screen phone or another landscape QWERTY slider.
    08-22-2014 01:18 PM
    I used to think that AT&T was the worst carrier ever. Everyone I knew had dropped calls. The bills were crazy expensive. I think the calls are better and I believe they may be just as good as verizon on pricing. I've confirmed that at least on android Verizon is the slowest carrier to pass updates. It looks like they are also the slowest carrier to pass Windows Phone updates as well. AT&T has a better selection of phones (The Icon is still too small for me) and it seems to have gotten its updates faster than anyone else. I'm seriously thinking of dropping Verizon for AT&T.
    Once again, if my Icon doesn't have Cyan by the end of the first week of September, my next contract is with AT&T.
    08-22-2014 01:26 PM
    Once again, if my Icon doesn't have Cyan by the end of the first week of September, my next contract is with AT&T.
    I would agree 100% but, I cant give up my Unlimited data, if AT&T would match it and give me it, I would move over myself....

Not willing to give that up when I use 6-8gb a month on my phone and that would cost me a LOT more with AT&T...
    08-22-2014 01:32 PM
    Yea ATT sucks in my area. VZW is the only one that performs out in the sticks where I live.
    08-22-2014 03:29 PM
    AT&T has shown a commitment to update WP quickly, I will probably switch to them for my next phone. Verizon has been a let down.
    08-22-2014 06:43 PM
    AT&T has shown a commitment to update WP quickly, I will probably switch to them for my next phone. Verizon has been a let down.
    Still have to admit, they are getting some cool WP exclusives....and I am sure in a week or 2 we will have Cyan....

With getting these exclusive models, I would say they have a commitment to Windows Phone but, Maybe at the corporate level but, not at the stores (due to commission and fanboys)

But, still, no excuse now for not releasing it but, even Android users on Verizon know of their SLOW speed on releasing updates....Nothing new for Verizon, it was not 5 years ago, it's not today....

It's just something you live to learn with if your a Verizon customer... Cant complain about things you cant change.....Wait, yes, I can !
    08-22-2014 08:21 PM

Oh I blame the lack of QWERTY sliders as the reason why the phones are too small. I used to have an HTC Arrive (windows phone 7 with a landscape QWERTY sliding keyboard) and it was perfect because the keyboard was the size of the screen. Even at 5" the keyboard on the Icon is too small and it uses half the screen which sucks. I want either a dual screen phone or another landscape QWERTY slider.
    When my contract is up in September, I am going to AT&T. The range of Windows Phones to choose from over there gets me so jealous that I have Verizon.
    08-22-2014 10:28 PM
    I received an update today (running Developer Preview on Icon), no Cyan though
    08-23-2014 06:49 PM
    When my contract is up in September, I am going to AT&T. The range of Windows Phones to choose from over there gets me so jealous that I have Verizon.
    Why? Probably the top two windows phones on the market right now are the Icon and the HTC One, both of which are only with Verizon right now.
    08-23-2014 08:10 PM
    Personally, I'll take Verizon's network reliability over fast upgrades. Because, that is what I am (and every Verizon customer) is paying for.
    08-23-2014 08:14 PM
    Personally, I'll take Verizon's network reliability over fast upgrades. Because, that is what I am (and every Verizon customer) is paying for.
    I guess each one has to balance their wants and needs. Believe it or not, there are some areas in the US that AT&T coverage is better than Verizon but, those places are getting less and less. GSM does have some advantages, as if the phone supports the network, you can take a overseas phone and drop your SIM and go.... Something you CANT do with Verizon...

Is it a real problem if I want it all ? Reasonable time updates on phones and a good dependable network ?

Hmmm....I guess no one can have it all.... :(
    08-24-2014 10:33 AM
1,870 ... 45678 ...