10-10-2014 02:09 PM
1,870 ... 6667686970 ...
tools
    Verizon to roll out cyan and 8.1 starting about right now
    Two days isn't too much [tcman88 said that on the 7th] ... but, on top of all the months leading up to those two days, it's too much.

The maddening thing is no on-the-record word from anybody in authority at Verizon that they even intend to release an update for the Icon. So most of the folks here jump at every rumor, and all rumors and hoaxes speak are treated on an equal footing by the group.
    10-09-2014 03:41 PM
    It could be showing as a discontinued SKU in their system if the 8.1/Cyan version has a different model number. This is, of course, speculation. I'd imagine that if it's really going to be discontinued then we'll see an article on the WPCentral site before too long.
    To those who are saying the Icon is retired... am I high, or didn't the initial announcement of Lumia Denim include the stipulation that the Icon, 1520, and 930 would be the ones initially getting Denim because of the Snapdragon whatnot? So I really doubt that the Icon. is getting retired.
    SpaceyO likes this.
    No one is saying it's definitely retired but there is a lot of chatter from VZW that it is indeed retired. On top of the that the phone is no longer on the site.

Yes Denimi was announced for the Icon but that was by Nokia no? If VZW decided to retire it then that's their decision.
    10-09-2014 03:43 PM
    To those who are saying the Icon is retired... am I high, or didn't the initial announcement of Lumia Denim include the stipulation that the Icon, 1520, and 930 would be the ones initially getting Denim because of the Snapdragon whatnot? So I really doubt that the Icon. is getting retired.
    I highly doubt it's retired.

However, even if it is, that doesn't negate what you say. The existing Icons can still get Denim even if it's retired.
    10-09-2014 03:44 PM
    Fairly sure if they have discontinued the Icon this soon and they aren't going to continue updating it, I will go to AT&T. Not even sure it will be a WP on AT&T - I just cannot support a company like Verizon after this experience and my experience with the HTC Thunderbolt. To be honest, AT&T has good coverage where I live and I spoke to a friend of mine today in my hometown (south-central WI) and he indicated that AT&T bought spectrum and will be opening stores there soon. It sure sounds to be like Verizon's network advantage is being chipped away, slowly but surely. Maybe at some point in the future Verizon will be forced to stop being so arrogant and start thinking about customer service.
    mikeharden#WP likes this.
    10-09-2014 03:44 PM
    No one is saying it's definitely retired but there is a lot of chatter from VZW that it is indeed retired.
    What does that even mean? That's like a bad line on "24".
    10-09-2014 03:45 PM
    I highly doubt it's retired.

However, even if it is, that doesn't negate what you say. The existing Icons can still get Denim even if it's retired.
    With the way Verizon has done their updates for WP especially do you think they will update a "retired" phone? If it is retired and we get Denim that will be the last imo.
    JK75 likes this.
    10-09-2014 03:45 PM
    What does that even mean? That's like a bad line on "24".
    No one here is saying it is without a doubt retired only relaying info from VZW. keep up
    10-09-2014 03:46 PM
    With the way Verizon has done their updates for WP especially do you think they will update a "retired" phone? If it is retired and we get Denim that will be the last imo.
    That would be fine with me. I just want the SensorCore and BT LE enabled.
    khador and SpaceyO like this.
    10-09-2014 03:46 PM
    After missing the phone for free a month ago, and checking everyday for it to come down again I wake up to this. Figures verizon would find another way to screw me :)
    Me too lol I'm dishing the $99 I guess this weekend. I know my local store still has one and the msft store also for $99
    10-09-2014 03:48 PM
    now they do
    http://pocketnow.com/2012/08/22/sprint-windows-phone
    10-09-2014 03:48 PM
    Bottom line is if the Icon is not being retired and they are changing it from being pre-loaded with 8 to 8.1 why are they A.) saying it is retired, B.) Not saying something other than that. Anything (it's out of stock, it's being re-branded, they had a glitch on their site and will resolve it soon). If anyone tried purchasing one today they lost all of those customers as i'm fairly certain most WP users will not let a VZW rep talk them into an iOS or Android.
    10-09-2014 03:55 PM
    if the Icon is not being retired and they are changing it from being pre-loaded with 8 to 8.1 why are they A.) saying it is retired, B.) Not saying something other than that.
    Because the CSRs have NO IDEA anymore than you or I do. And out of the quotes we got in this thread, one said it was just out of stock.
    10-09-2014 03:56 PM
    If i had to bet, you could walk into any local VZW corporate store and see the Icon on display and be able to purchase it.
    10-09-2014 03:56 PM
    Tweet from VZW Support

VZW Support ‏@VZWSupport 29 seconds ago
    @ME We have stock in all areas, however it has been retired. *AC
    10-09-2014 03:57 PM
    Tweet from VZW Support

Well that is the most official-sounding quote so far for sure. :(
    Not sure what it means still though. It might come back under a different model number, who knows.

EDIT: I tweeted Rubino about it...
    10-09-2014 03:58 PM
    Its very odd they would retire the newer phone and keep the older ones. I also don't think its about Cyan. If it was about Cyan wouldn't the 928 disappear too?
    10-09-2014 04:00 PM
    10-09-2014 04:00 PM
    Tweet from VZW Support

Well that is the most official-sounding quote so far for sure. :(
    Not sure what it means still though. It might come back under a different model number, who knows.
    The @vzwSupport twitter team knows just as much as the CSR's that all these conversations are coming from. Nothing.

Sales through the Verizon website for the Nokia Lumia Icon are on hold until Cyan/8.1 is out. Plain and simple.
    MikeSo and aximtreo like this.
    10-09-2014 04:01 PM
    gernerttl likes this.
    10-09-2014 04:02 PM
    The @vzwSupport twitter team knows just as much as the CSR's that all these conversations are coming from. Nothing.

Sales through the Verizon website for the Nokia Lumia Icon are on hold until Cyan/8.1 is out. Plain and simple.
    *munching on popcorn*

I'm with you bro! But people are going to believe what they will... so why don't you join me for some popcorn and enjoy the show.

march of the gladiators circus music - Bing Videos
    DavidinCT likes this.
    10-09-2014 04:04 PM

Listen i want to remain positive like you but do you really think Verizon or anyone for that matter would tell everyone it's retired if it's on hold until 8.1/cyan is out? Even if CSRs or Support don't know anything they would at least get word from someone higher in the chain to say something different.
    10-09-2014 04:04 PM
    Yeah, not buying that the ICON will be retired. These are the same reps who wouldn't acknowledge there was even an ICON in the first place when Verizon put up test ICON pages on their website before it was released. I believe it will be a new roll out of ICON loaded with 8.1.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    10-09-2014 04:05 PM
    See everyone on the L830 :)
    WarDamnEagle09 likes this.
    10-09-2014 04:07 PM
1,870 ... 6667686970 ...