10-10-2014 02:09 PM
1,870 ... 7172737475
tools
    Plus I got service at work with AT&T, with Verizon I get one bar and no data. I'm starting to think a Blu Win HD or 830 on T-Mobile could be an interesting proposition.
    do we work together? (I work in a basement on south broad)
    10-09-2014 10:31 PM
    Wait... I re-read what Verizon said and they said it is still in stock. Does that mean if I go to the store tomorrow I'll still be able to get one?
    10-09-2014 10:48 PM
    Wait... I re-read what Verizon said and they said it is still in stock. Does that mean if I go to the store tomorrow I'll still be able to get one?
    Yes, you can apparently order over the phone or go to a store
    10-09-2014 10:50 PM
    Yes, you can apparently order over the phone or go to a store
    Great! That's what I'll be doing tomorrow.
    Indistinguishable likes this.
    10-09-2014 10:55 PM
    Wow, step away from this thread for a bit and all heck breaks loose! Man I hope Verizon pulled stock so they can re-stock the Icon with 8.1/ Cyan, or better yet, Denim.
    10-09-2014 10:58 PM
    Wow, step away from this thread for a bit and all heck breaks loose! Man I hope Verizon pulled stock so they can re-stock the Icon with 8.1/ Cyan, or better yet, Denim.
    do any companies do that still?
    10-09-2014 11:04 PM
    if this comes to the us I might be tempted to jump ship: Sony Xperia Z3 Compact Review
    10-09-2014 11:21 PM
    You guys want results? Every company is about image, can we agree? Start a smear campaign of sorts against Verizon?

Let's come up with a saying, as a group, we will mass post on social media sites every day until we get what we are after. Twitter,Facebook,G+ and anything else you can think of. Not comments, but posts instead. Simple copy and past. Set a deadline when we start and get it on the way. I think something along these lines:

Verizon, why are you ignoring Windows Phone users? We pay you well, take care of us!

That makes them look bad without being mean. Come together for this cause even if you are not on Verizon and support the cause. The more people, the more likely the results. Every day, maybe twice a day. Get your friends in on it. Could be fun.

What you all think?
    mikeharden#WP likes this.
    10-09-2014 11:27 PM
    do any companies do that still?
    Nope..

They'd simply sell and continue to sell the same model and push the update out..
    10-09-2014 11:27 PM
    Re: Rockinroofer;2806544,
    Please check your facts and site your sources. (This will help us keep track of who is careful with the facts).
    It's the web who knows what's true, Anyway here is the source. I can't post links. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused
    just very frustrated with my Icon, MS and Verizon.

First Headline from PhoneArena.com : MS said to be terminating Surface tablet line
    Second Headline from PhoneArena.com: MS Surface tablets won't be discontinued, new Pro line confirmed.
    10-09-2014 11:29 PM
    You guys want results? Every company is about image, can we agree? Start a smear campaign of sorts against Verizon?

Let's come up with a saying, as a group, we will mass post on social media sites every day until we get what we are after. Twitter,Facebook,G+ and anything else you can think of. Not comments, but posts instead. Simple copy and past. Set a deadline when we start and get it on the way. I think something along these lines:

Verizon, why are you ignoring Windows Phone users? We pay you well, take care of us!

That makes them look bad without being mean. Come together for this cause even if you are not on Verizon and support the cause. The more people, the more likely the results. Every day, maybe twice a day. Get your friends in on it. Could be fun.

What you all think?
    I'm tired of Veriphone
    10-09-2014 11:55 PM
    I'm tired of Veriphone
    You and I both.

But, why should they not be held accountable? They did us wrong and it is what it is. Should we just hand them the win and pay our etf and let them win win? I say let them hurt a little. Even if we just smear them enough to lose 100 potential customers, we won something. And we may even be able to get the people who stay and love the phone the update they should get. Win for us and not all a win for Verizon.
    10-10-2014 12:04 AM
    Anyone "think" that this "may have to do" with Microsoft "dropping the Nokia name" and re-branding leading up to the holidays?

It's quite surprising that Verizon was "out-of-stock" with the Lumia Icon for half of September as we kept seeing back in stock on 9/17 or 9/22 ... this was around the time that the iPhone 6 was launched.

Yet, where the frick is Joe Belfiore and Steven Elop on all of this ?
    gernerttl, DavidinCT and feeked like this.
    10-10-2014 12:19 AM
    I encourage many of you to just relax and see how this all pans out.
    10-10-2014 01:54 AM
    Pssst. You...yeah you... The voice of reason doesn't work here. Trust me, I and a few others have tried. So just grab the popcorn and enjoy the show.
    wes.in.wa, becho321 and DavidinCT like this.
    10-10-2014 02:06 AM
    I suppose your right.

I mean Verizon has went out of their way to take my money every month... Errrrr... Sorry... Verizon has been so up front and has been letting us know every step of the way how the update....Wait.... Errrrr... Sorry... Verizon touts the best network and charges more for it... HEY.... I got one....
    10-10-2014 04:27 AM
    Can't this be considered a violation of contract?
    10-10-2014 05:45 AM
    We Demand the immediate release of the Cyan update

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/957/5...e-cyan-update/

Sign it
    10-10-2014 06:10 AM
    Can't this be considered a violation of contract?
    Unfortunately, no. And it seems the dated 4S has returned to the store...
    10-10-2014 06:12 AM
    We Demand the immediate release of the Cyan update

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/957/5...e-cyan-update/

Sign it
    It will never go anywhere. I will not sign because I know better.

The proposal I made above that reflects on the image of the company will show results. But none will probably band together because all we do is gripe nowadays and we don't put our gripes into action.

100 people posting on social networks each and every day for the world to see will do something. 500 people posting to a petition hidden from the public eye is not effecting them one way or the other.
    10-10-2014 06:44 AM
    Actually, if it is documented somewhere that MS promised 18 months of updates and Verizon is not providing those updates, may have a case.

I bought mine with cash and I can't, but someone in a contract may be able to. I mean, you were promised a service and neither provider of said service has provided. Now you are stuck with a device that does not meet your satisfaction and the promise was not kept. Sounds like a free phone or a way out of contract may be possible.
    10-10-2014 07:29 AM
    It will never go anywhere. I will not sign because I know better.

The proposal I made above that reflects on the image of the company will show results. But none will probably band together because all we do is gripe nowadays and we don't put our gripes into action.

100 people posting on social networks each and every day for the world to see will do something. 500 people posting to a petition hidden from the public eye is not effecting them one way or the other.
    It doesn't effect you one way or the other either. So just sign it?
    10-10-2014 07:29 AM
    Some of these posts are hilarious. The waiting game we are playing is not. I've had my Icon for about 3 days now and I love the thing. I was waiting and waiting to see if anything came out that would replace the Icon since it was out for so long and I read over and over about it not being updated which I found super odd. I pulled the trigger none the less and I don't regret it. Yes I would love to have the official update. I've upgraded it to the DP and it made an already awesome phone even better. Verizon will do what they want because they can. Their decision to not push this important update does hurt the consumer and even Microsoft to a certain degree who is trying to gain market share. They finally have a product that can not only compete with the other OS's but also out perform them. But of course with dated firmware you take a few steps back yet again. I'm clueless at this move. I'm going to keep enjoying my phone with the DP until some update comes out. I will also be putting the DP on my wife's 925 as well and hope they both get an official update. Ok...on with the wait....

Nokia Lumia Icon - white
    Dell Venue 11 Pro
    10-10-2014 07:36 AM
    Actually, if it is documented somewhere that MS promised 18 months of updates and Verizon is not providing those updates, may have a case.

I bought mine with cash and I can't, but someone in a contract may be able to. I mean, you were promised a service and neither provider of said service has provided. Now you are stuck with a device that does not meet your satisfaction and the promise was not kept. Sounds like a free phone or a way out of contract may be possible.
    Now it was quoted from WP8 announcement that you would get support for 18 months but, the question on this is (and it was never answered 100%), Was this from Windows Phone release, or was it from each phone's released ?

Like I said a few pages back, As these were announced before Verizon decided to "retire" it, if I don't have Denim on my phone by Dec 1st, I will start (or will join if someone beats me to it) a class action lawsuit against Verizon Wireless.

Anyway about it, (I don't sign contracts), if you buy a phone for $500 plus, you EXPECT feature and system updates for at least 1-2 years (2 years is contract term in the US). The Phone has only been out for 6-7 months...not even a full year yet.

I do hope it's just a Cyan/Denim thing, AKA cleaning out old stock and brining it back with Cyan preinstalled on them with a new promo. At this point I can't count on that.

As a said a few pages back on TCMAN88, I question his posts even more, does he still work for Verizon ? Does he actually know anything here ? He said Cyan release a few days ago, we don't have Cyan yet and now the ICON is retired ? If he actually knew anything he could of hinted about something (not good is happening, etc)

Anyway about it, the rest is pretty much rumor, till we have an official corporate announcement from Verizon, we are just guessing at this point. I would not trust a CSR for any important facts...EVER.
    feeked likes this.
    10-10-2014 07:52 AM
    Anyway about it, the rest is pretty much rumor, till we have an official corporate announcement from Verizon, we are just guessing at this point. I would not trust a CSR for any important facts...EVER.
    I agree with everything you said. And please, post the class action so I and others can get in on it if it happens.

The thing is, Verizon has been way to silent about everything. They are doing a disjustice simply by keeping consumers in the dark. A little bit of good customer relations goes a long way. We do pay good money for service and it is crappy politics for Verizon to keep us in the dark. We would not have to assume the worst if they would just speak up.

Update or not, I have lost all respect for Verizon.
    10-10-2014 08:20 AM
1,870 ... 7172737475