Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio5x0

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
This is the only well-known bug for the Icon with the WP8.1. If that's "rolling the dice" it's fine with me... the benefits far outweigh the negative of a slight delay on the power button (not even all the time, but most of the time).

I am sure that those bugs don't effect everyone, as I haven't had any issues with my Icon. Keep in mind that even when you download and install a final version of any software to any device, there is a risk that something will not work properly or something will crash. Many of the issues that are seen with Preview Developer are due to firmware not being up to date. In my opinion, you have nothing to lose by installing the Preview Developer but a lot to gain, as far as the new features that are made available with it. If you install and don't like it or something doesn't work to your satisfaction there is always the option to downgrade through the Nokia Care Software. Again you lose nothing, other than maybe the time it takes to upgrade and downgrade.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Riddle me this.....

Now that we MIGHT be very close to getting Cyan, has anyone tried the Nokia Restore tool to see if they have Cyan available to restore your phone ? One would think that Nokia would have it long before it's released to the public....

Just a thought...

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Riddle me this.....

Now that we MIGHT be very close to getting Cyan, has anyone tried the Nokia Restore tool to see if they have Cyan available to restore your phone ? One would think that Nokia would have it long before it's released to the public....

Just a thought...

I rolled back to 8 on Sunday so I could exchange my Icon for a new one b/c I started getting the phantom swipes & taps issue. I used the Updater for Retail (vs. the Recovery Tool) and it only found the one option.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Riddle me this.....

Just a thought...

Nice thought. Unfortunately, unlikely. Nokia would have to wait on Verizon to approve the latest version before making it available. They would get into trouble if they tried to do an end around Verizon.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nice thought. Unfortunately, unlikely. Nokia would have to wait on Verizon to approve the latest version before making it available. They would get into trouble if they tried to do an end around Verizon.

My thought process was, Verizon approves the final, sets a release day (normally a few weeks after it's final), then sends to Nokia in advance before release.....

Oh, well, more waiting....Dam you Verizon...

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I used to think that AT&T was the worst carrier ever. Everyone I knew had dropped calls. The bills were crazy expensive. I think the calls are better and I believe they may be just as good as verizon on pricing. I've confirmed that at least on android Verizon is the slowest carrier to pass updates. It looks like they are also the slowest carrier to pass Windows Phone updates as well. AT&T has a better selection of phones (The Icon is still too small for me) and it seems to have gotten its updates faster than anyone else. I'm seriously thinking of dropping Verizon for AT&T.

Oh I blame the lack of QWERTY sliders as the reason why the phones are too small. I used to have an HTC Arrive (windows phone 7 with a landscape QWERTY sliding keyboard) and it was perfect because the keyboard was the size of the screen. Even at 5" the keyboard on the Icon is too small and it uses half the screen which sucks. I want either a dual screen phone or another landscape QWERTY slider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb