Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Verizon's deadline is the release of the 1525. If that happens soon, I'll drop Verizon. If I don't have it by October, I'll drop Verizon. I'm sick of this crap.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Motorola used to let you join in on their soak test via their forum. I wish Verizon did the same.

I was registered in that testing program with my 3 Motorola Razrs on Verizon before my switch to WP so it was nice not having to wait for updates because the droid updates from VZ took a long time also

I also wish VZ had a soak test program along the lines of the Motorola one to test core OS updates like cyan on their network but instead we wait and wait for any news about 8.1/cyan from VZ and have to trust and hope they are diligently testing the updates internally :unhappysweat:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
The longer the wait, the better, I say. Means I won't have to keep hitting "Dismiss" when the update notification pops up, fearing the day I will accidentally hit the "Ruin My Phone and Turn It Into the Redhead Stepchild of Android and V8sta" button.

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Last week I called VZW for a unrelated problem I was having on a different line on my account. After they fixed my Android problem I asked the tech about the cyan update. The tech whom I was talking with said he wasn't sure because he mainly works with the Android platform. So he told me he would switch me to a Windows phone tech. After a few minutes of small talk and exchanging information with her, she started telling me about their test procedures. She then said she really had no info that she could offer at the time, but she said she was going to talk to some of her co-workers to see if anyone knows anything more. She didn't put me on hold and you could hear her talking to others in the background. About 5 minutes later she came back and said they are not sure but they all know it's being tested right now, and they like to test a little more thoroughly then the other network. She told me she'll take my number and an email address, and she will text, call or email as soon as she/they find anything out.
So this morning I got a text and right after that a call and this is the text from her. (The call she reiterated the message, and a little more small talk with about 2 weeks being the "expected date").

"Xxxx.Xxxxxxx@VerizonWireless.com (The roll out date for 8.1 windows mobile is mid September and subject to change depending on network testing, but everything seems to be going smoothly and it shouldn't change...)"

But even that?s still quite generic, but...

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
I think something will happen very soon. I have a 822 and have been checking Verizon's support page to see if they updated the software update pdfs. In the past they updated the PDF info before they actually did the release. Today I got all excited because it changed, however it looks like they removed the Black update info and now the older Amber update is posted. Maybe they are getting ready.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
I think something will happen very soon. I have a 822 and have been checking Verizon's support page to see if they updated the software update pdfs. In the past they updated the PDF info before they actually did the release. Today I got all excited because it changed, however it looks like they removed the Black update info and now the older Amber update is posted. Maybe they are getting ready.

Yeah, they did stuff like that with the 928 IIRC. New one up, gone, even older one back up, original back, shortly thereafter, release.

AR2186

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Last week I called VZW for a unrelated problem I was having on a different line on my account. After they fixed my Android problem I asked the tech about the cyan update. The tech whom I was talking with said he wasn't sure because he mainly works with the Android platform. So he told me he would switch me to a Windows phone tech. After a few minutes of small talk and exchanging information with her, she started telling me about their test procedures. She then said she really had no info that she could offer at the time, but she said she was going to talk to some of her co-workers to see if anyone knows anything more. She didn't put me on hold and you could hear her talking to others in the background. About 5 minutes later she came back and said they are not sure but they all know it's being tested right now, and they like to test a little more thoroughly then the other network. She told me she'll take my number and an email address, and she will text, call or email as soon as she/they find anything out.
So this morning I got a text and right after that a call and this is the text from her. (The call she reiterated the message, and a little more small talk with about 2 weeks being the "expected date").

"Xxxx.Xxxxxxx@VerizonWireless.com (The roll out date for 8.1 windows mobile is mid September and subject to change depending on network testing, but everything seems to be going smoothly and it shouldn't change...)"

But even that?s still quite generic, but...
Had a very similar experience last year regarding the 928 Amber update and he was pretty accurate. Sounds like we're getting it in the next few weeks then

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
You know now that your mention that it makes sense. She said something about a birthday, but I didn't understand what that had to do with the topic at hand. So I just kind of ignored it and moved on. I thought she was telling me that her birthday was coming up as a way of fishing for a bribe with out getting caught...

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
No no no, Verizon needs the extra time to figure out what features of cyan they want to disable lol.

This is how I can recognize a fellow longtime loyal customer of Verizon, hahaha.

They will work on incorporating the Verizon apps permanently into the quick access slots.

Maybe have a gigantic Verizon checkmark background as the only allowed wallpaper.

And if you pull down the notification shade (past your quick Verizon access apps) there will be a constant reminder (that you can't dismiss) of just who the greatest network is.

BONUS: Cortana's voice will be changed out for the "Can You Hear Me Now?" guy's voice.

:D

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
sigh, not this week :(

Welcome to Verizon ! Where we make you WAIT for every update on your phones, so bad that you want to change carriers but, we have the best network.....that should be their new slogan....

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
sigh, not this week :(

Welcome to Verizon ! Where we make you WAIT for every update on your phones, so bad that you want to change carriers but, we have the best network.....that should be their new slogan....

It could, umm... Could come today. Probably not... But, hey! The week isn't over yet.

Trevor Wolfe

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
This is how I can recognize a fellow longtime loyal customer of Verizon, hahaha.

They will work on incorporating the Verizon apps permanently into the quick access slots.

Maybe have a gigantic Verizon checkmark background as the only allowed wallpaper.

And if you pull down the notification shade (past your quick Verizon access apps) there will be a constant reminder (that you can't dismiss) of just who the greatest network is.

BONUS: Cortana's voice will be changed out for the "Can You Hear Me Now?" guy's voice.

:D

Haha seriously! Even better, no matter what question you ask Cortana it will just say "can you hear me now" lol. Gotta love Verizon. To be honest though its completely bs that they should be able to limit our remove features from an operating system. If I'm paying for the days no matter what plan I'm on I should be able to use that data however I want. SI stops that only certain plans can use Wi-Fi hotspot. Also pisses me of they remove the built in visual voicemail from the os to offer their crappy vvm app instead so they can charge you for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb