Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
today is the day for sure

I have said that to myself everyday for the last month so one these days I have to be right I guess, but on the other hand this is Verizon we are talking about :grincry:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
today is the day for sure

I have said that to myself everyday for the last month so one these days I have to be right I guess, but on the other hand this is Verizon we are talking about :grincry:

Well, if it is, nothing yet :(

Here's to hoping for it today !!!

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I stopped by the local Verizon just to see what is new. While there, I played with the HTC One (W8). It had WP8.1 sans Cyan of course. But the interesting part I noticed was that when I brought up Cortana it still showed it was in beta. Otherwise, it was a pretty nice phone. Just not nice enough for me to dump my Icon.

Also, I talked to a VZW rep while there and of course he didn't know anything about when WP8.1 is going to be pushed out. He tried to down play Windows Phone in general and that's when I politely shut him down.

P.S. Are we there yet? :winktongue:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Could it be possible that Verizon is holding on to cyan and will wait to release Lumia denim???

LOL !!! I actually spit up coffee when I read that.

Do you actually think Verizon would release both of them in one shot, never mind "denim" is not scheduled till Q4 (fall/winter)?? We will be lucky to have Cyan this month (as we are all crossing our fingers) and as for "denim" scheduled for Q4, with the delay from Verizon, I would not get your hopes up till Q1 or Q2 of 2015....

But, DAM, I hope I am wrong but, history shows the odds of this is true... Let's hope the Dev preview actually works 100% with out needing Verizon to do anything (battery life, camera, etc) for Denim...

Very cool features, I think, I am actually wanting for Denim more than Cyan (as I already have 8.1.1 features)....

Last edited:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Could it be possible that Verizon is holding on to cyan and will wait to release Lumia denim???

It's possible... But more likely that we'll get Cyan/8.1 this month and Denim/8.1 GDR 1 in October/November.

Remember that it's not just Cyan that we're waiting on, all of Verizon's Lumia's are currently waiting on WP8.1. Which is a HUGE update. GDR 1 is a very small update by comparison.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
:crying: I would certainly hope not. With my past experience with a Galaxy S3 on Verizon, they are just plain laggard when it comes to pushing updates to phones period. They are far too busy making sure that all of their crapware works with the new operating system/firmware.

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
This is what I'm thinking. Looks like denim will be final within a month since these new phones are shipping with it. I think at this point I'd rather this be the case, given that at the current rate we wouldn't see denim until like, spring next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234