Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
This is what I'm thinking. Looks like denim will be final within a month since these new phones are shipping with it. I think at this point I'd rather this be the case, given that at the current rate we wouldn't see denim until like, spring next year.

As I agree with you, I just hope we get a fully working Dev preview LONG before that...

Really hate Verizon sometimes...like anything to do with phone updates....and this has been the same from my Moto v710 flip phone....

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
This is the first time I've been really frustrated with Verizon updates. I had the Trophy, 928, and now Icon and previously the updates were all fairly quick to come. Sometimes even the fastest.

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
This is what I'm thinking. Looks like denim will be final within a month since these new phones are shipping with it. I think at this point I'd rather this be the case, given that at the current rate we wouldn't see denim until like, spring next year.

At this point we are very close to October, they could rather launch denim + cyan during Q4.
At t didn't launch amber, they went straight to black, Verizon could be doing the same thing with cyan and denim

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Could it be possible that Verizon is holding on to cyan and will wait to release Lumia denim???

I hope not. No reason not to release Cyan right now and Denim later. It's not like it takes more work for two releases than one, since presumably they have ALREADY put in the time and effort for Cyan release. And more importantly, the Windows Phone 8.1 release! The Nokia Lumia Icon, 928, Samsung Ativ SE are all waiting to officially get 8.1. Holding out on the firmware and delaying this even more would just be plain lazy.

Last edited:

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Whoa, let's not give Verizon more credit than they deserve. They won't even realize there is a Denim update until it's released from Microsoft. lol

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
At this point we are very close to October, they could rather launch denim + cyan during Q4.
At t didn't launch amber, they went straight to black, Verizon could be doing the same thing with cyan and denim

I just wish they would announce that instead of pissing everyone off who is waiting for Cyan. At this point if we have to wait till next month and it DOES NOT come with denim.....I think I would be even more ticked off...

It would be nice so we are not waiting for another update but, who knows at this point.....

Whoa, let's not give Verizon more credit than they deserve. They won't even realize there is a Denim update until it's released from Microsoft. lol

Wait a second, did I miss it? Did it say ANYWHERE is was still in beta ? In fact they are releasing phones with the feature on them.

Odds are that it's been released to carriers, possibly a while ago, if phones are showing up with the update now. Shocked that no one knew about features or that it was even coming till today. (rumor of a update but, nothing solid)

Maybe that is what the hold up on Verizon is.....Maybe...nah, this is Verizon we are talking about....

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Paul Thurrott was briefed on all this stuff last week, and the way he writes about the Denim update makes it sound like it will be coming to the Icon in the next month or so. It definitely sounds like the current flagships will receive it in a separate wave, before the rest of the Lumia lineup. Either way, it sounds like it's planned to launch too soon for there to be a Cyan update in between.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-pho...ces-announces-new-lumias-accessories-firmware
Lumia Denim (and the Lumia Camera app) will ship with the new phones of course. But then it will head out to the Lumia 930, Icon, and 1520 via over-the-air updates. (The Lumia Camera app will head out to the 830 at this time as well.) Then, Denim will be rolled out to all existing Windows Phone 8.x handsets, following the usual baloney carrier testing waiting period. Think very late 2014 and early 2015.

orangeman34

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Still no cyan yet denim is coming... This is getting ridiculous. Would love to get that new Miracast dongle they announced but at this rate icon owners won't even see the compatible firmware until 2015.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft shouldn't even announce these things until the carriers are on board with immediate release. It's not like the new phones will have an installed base of any significance for developers anyway.

garbagedrew

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I am about to give up on getting Cyan or Denim and am instead hoping Microsoft releases a developer preview of windows phone 9 soon as is rumored. At this rate I will likely be able to update to the preview of that OS before I get the official Cyan/Denim update.

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Verizon really thinks because they have a slight edge over AT&T in total subscribers, that puts them as the No. 1 provider in the US, that they have this attitude and it shows. I hate having to go into a Verizon store for anything, because we use Verizon at work whenever I want to swap phones or need something, I can hardly get any assistance from anyone once they know two things 1) I'm not there to buy a phone or add a line, and 2) I'm a business account customer. Verizon customer service is really terrible, actually they suck.

Airlid

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm gonna hold my breath if I don't get a cookie. Sorry but do you think your threat means anything to big red? Ya I'm unhappy that I haven't gotten the cyan update yet but I am running the developer update and Verizon has the best coverage in the area and that is more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077