Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Seriously? Stop acting like a spoiled child. There are plenty of worse things in the world than not being first in line for a firmware update for your phone.

I posted that If Verizon didn't release Cyan by the end of this week i'd be moving to AT&T over a month ago. I'm making good on it.

And for me, there's nothing that stops me from moving to AT&T. The service here in Chicago is fine and they support my operating system better. What more is there to say? I'm more loyal and interested in the Windows Phone platform than I am in the Verizon carrier platform.

Agreed but, I would bet almost everyone in this chat with at least 8 posts in this thread....Is extremely stressed about and really pissed off about it..

Also gota remember, this is a Verizon thing...If you have owned other Verizon phones besides the iPhoney, you have been last getting updates... I've been through this many it with Verizon...it's getting really old... But thank you for your kind words.

After about 3 weeks of waiting, I give up, I just don't care any more....but, for some DAM reason I keep watching and replying to this thread...habit I guess ?

I can vouch for DavidCT. Dude has been active in this community since the Windows Mobile days on Verizon.

In my desk drawer I have a few retired devices. They include an HP Windows Mobile 6, a Microsoft Kin, my beloved HTC Trophy, and a Nokia Lumia 822. I've been through many of these circuses on Verizon. I know the deal. I choose to advocate for Verizon paying closer attention to this platform because I like it. I like it a lot. DavidCT knows these circuses even better than I do. And i'm sure he also likes Windows Phone. A lot.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Looks like a non DP update. Would never know cause I don't know anybody who isn't on the DP lol
I'm not on the DP either and went back to 8.0 because my phone got too hot and battery life was terrible and I didn't want to deal with it since I just started a new semester at college last week

I'll drop any info here as soon as Cyan/8.1 drops for my phone

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm not on the DP either and went back to 8.0 because my phone got too hot and battery life was terrible and I didn't want to deal with it since I just started a new semester at college last week

I'll drop any info here as soon as Cyan/8.1 drops for my phone

But you didn't get that update, did you?

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Nobody on Verizon has an official Cyan /8.1 update on either the ICON or the 928. But it appears that AT&T had no problem getting it pushed out OTA to ALL their Nokia WP's now. What a joke Verizon is, the ICON is supposed to be a flagship phone, the 930 is essentially the same dam phone as the ICON, what's the freaking problem Verizon???

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I can vouch for DavidCT. Dude has been active in this community since the Windows Mobile days on Verizon.

In my desk drawer I have a few retired devices. They include an HP Windows Mobile 6, a Microsoft Kin, my beloved HTC Trophy, and a Nokia Lumia 822. I've been through many of these circuses on Verizon. I know the deal. I choose to advocate for Verizon paying closer attention to this platform because I like it. I like it a lot. DavidCT knows these circuses even better than I do. And i'm sure he also likes Windows Phone. A lot.

You had a Microsoft Kin ? WOW and I thought I was bad :) I did have about 4-5 different HP Windows Mobile/PocketPC devices....Used to love that $700 HP HX4705...was a epic PDA for the time...

Still waiting...I guess when it comes down to it (just dreaming for a second here) **IF** Verizon makes us wait another month, and releases Denim instead of Cyan....I think most of us would say, all is forgiven (as long as they beat out AT&T for the release).

After waiting this long for Cyan and knowing that we all want Denim just as bad as we want Cyan (as Denim will have 8.1 plus all the other features).....I'm just dreading waiting for Denim if we get Cyan.....as we will be waiting forever....again..

Unless they are really out to **** off their customers as 8.1 is not a little bug fix thing, what else could actually be delaying it this long ?

Seriously, all would be forgiven if they give us Denim before AT&T.....

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
You had a Microsoft Kin ? WOW and I thought I was bad :) I did have about 4-5 different HP Windows Mobile/PocketPC devices....Used to love that $700 HP HX4705...was a epic PDA for the time...

Still waiting...I guess when it comes down to it (just dreaming for a second here) **IF** Verizon makes us wait another month, and releases Denim instead of Cyan....I think most of us would say, all is forgiven (as long as they beat out AT&T for the release).

After waiting this long for Cyan and knowing that we all want Denim just as bad as we want Cyan (as Denim will have 8.1 plus all the other features).....I'm just dreading waiting for Denim if we get Cyan.....as we will be waiting forever....again..

Unless they are really out to **** off their customers as 8.1 is not a little bug fix thing, what else could actually be delaying it this long ?

Seriously, all would be forgiven if they give us Denim before AT&T.....

I want Cyan and Denim on my phone. That's a given.

But the more pressing thing to me with Cyan/8.1 is how huge of an update WP 8.1 really is. Most of the people I know who have WP's aren't the types to upgrade using the developer preview. They're non-techies who don't want to screw up their phone with preview software. Which is fine. But WP8 is a far cry from WP8.1/iOS6/Android-whatever-the-crap.

Verizon is further stifling the growth of this platform by not keeping it up to date. And that irritates me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb