Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

debostic

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Ok it says "Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14157.200) Preview for Developers is installed. Weird that I just got it today after checking for weeks.... smh

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok it says "Windows Phone 8.1 (8.10.14157.200) Preview for Developers is installed. Weird that I just got it today after checking for weeks.... smh

And that would be why I didn't get an update notice. I have that update. And yes, that is weird. That update has been out for some time.

lmnopotts

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
First windows phone, but when I picked up the Icon in February 8.1 sounded like it'd be right around the corner, so this is pretty drawn out for me. Before, I was pissed at Apple for the constant iOS updates that eventually crippled my iPhone 4. The windows idea of a phone update coming only every 18 months but being an overhaul was welcoming. But now, when app developers aren't updating things and waiting for 8.1 and it's still not out and I'm seeing lesser phones on the shelves with 8.1, I'm finding I'm having to pull out my old iphone that I was convinced I'd never need to use again.

So yeah... here's to hoping for next week.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Yep, I'm in the same boat. Frustrated about that same things... I powered my Note 3 back up today. I think I'll ride it until the update hits.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I am confused.. My Icon works just fine, as it has since the day I purchased it.. Why are people using other phones until 8.1 is released????????

Did your Icon not work last week? Did it not work two weeks ago?

I said it before, I don't get the drama over 8.1. My Icon works just fine as it is right now. Sure 8.1 will be nice but I won't stress out on it.

CB Stuart

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
My icon has actually been having battery issues. I have dp 8.1 and I don't know if that is affecting my phone. I don't want to flash it back, so I'm hoping that I can cyan soon so I can see if the unofficial firmware is having an affect. Fingers crossed that I can get it soon.

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I am confused.. My Icon works just fine, as it has since the day I purchased it.. Why are people using other phones until 8.1 is released????????

Did your Icon not work last week? Did it not work two weeks ago?

I said it before, I don't get the drama over 8.1. My Icon works just fine as it is right now. Sure 8.1 will be nice but I won't stress out on it.
You don't belong here.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't get the online tantrums..

It will come eventually and don't get me wrong, I want it just as bad as the next person but me throwing an online tantrum won't make it come any faster.

WOW, that just makes sense. Don't bring logic to this forum, it's no place for it...

I hear ya...lol...

masaga91

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't know what happened to my icon, but after the touch screen problem ended I'm seeing a HUGE battery boost in my icon, I went from having a 12-15 hours of battery life to having a 20+ hours of battery life 😍😍😍😁😁😁😁😁

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
First windows phone, but when I picked up the Icon in February 8.1 sounded like it'd be right around the corner, so this is pretty drawn out for me. Before, I was pissed at Apple for the constant iOS updates that eventually crippled my iPhone 4. The windows idea of a phone update coming only every 18 months but being an overhaul was welcoming. But now, when app developers aren't updating things and waiting for 8.1 and it's still not out and I'm seeing lesser phones on the shelves with 8.1, I'm finding I'm having to pull out my old iphone that I was convinced I'd never need to use again.

So yeah... here's to hoping for next week.

Nearly the same boat. Samsung+VZW locked me out of flashing custom roms on my Galaxy S III so I climbed aboard WP in February for the no lag experience and promise of 8.1.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
My icon has actually been having battery issues. I have dp 8.1 and I don't know if that is affecting my phone. I don't want to flash it back, so I'm hoping that I can cyan soon so I can see if the unofficial firmware is having an affect. Fingers crossed that I can get it soon.

There is no Unofficial Firmware, Dev Preview is only for WP 8.1 and GDR Updates
They have zero to do with Firmware.
Cyan IS the Firmware we are waiting for. I am already using WP8.1.1 through Dev Preview.

To all the rest of you naysayers, "I'm fine with my phone the way it is", "They will release it when they are ready" and
"they don't owe it to you" crowd....
I want Cyan. It improves the Camera and most likely the battery among other things
Provides Miracast support for the Icon.

Denim, another Firmware update (NOT an OS Update) will be released soon and add features such as,,,
Better Camera support, Hands Free "Hey Cortana" Access among other things.

These are features that we should not be denied at all.
Features that the Manufacturers and Developers of the Phone itself spent the time on to develop and release to the public.

How do carriers get to decide that my device shouldn't get it just cause they don't want to take the time to add all their own
bloat and garbage to it.

Please save the BS about testing to work with the Radio Signal, that is a crock of ****.
They have ample time and resources to test this thoroughly without adding all their own garbage and potentially
causing issues that create more delays.

Let me elaborate further....
If this is all on the manufacturers and developers more than the carriers,
Why is it commonly stated (released upon carrier testing and approval)?
If the manufacturers and developers are so worried about selling new phones.
Why are they spending resource money and time developing updates that may never see the light of day
cause the carrier didn't approve it, or wait so long to make it obsolete?
Wouldn't that be counter productive to and a waste of money, man power and resources?

Yes, I am destroying your arguments.

Last edited:

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Please save the BS about testing to work with the Radio Signal, that is a crock of ****.
They have ample time and resources to test this thoroughly without adding all their own garbage and potentially
causing issues that create more delays.

On a side note: in contrast to Android, neither OEMs nor carriers can add, modify or delete anything from WP. The worst they can do is add a configuration file with a list of apps the phone should download on initial setup, all of which the user can completely remove, just like any other app.

Last edited:

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Are we there yet?

We're up to 15 pages (PC). Cyan better get here before we get to 25 or I lose my bet. :winktongue:

I'll make a bet.
I'll bet $100 dollars that if Nokia/MS released the updates (Cyan and WP8.1 and Denim) via Nokia Recovery Tool right now, today,
that our phones will have zero issues with making calls or causing any issues on carrier networks.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
The voice of a few can be silent, the voice of a 100 can wake a thousand
the voice of a thousand becomes a roar, the voice of several thousand becomes an issue
the voice of a 100,000+ to a company will become a problem
the voice of 500,000+ that company is headed for disaster.
the voice of a million, the company will cease to exist, unless it changes it's ways.

ergo Windows 8.x to Windows 9.

Trust me when I say, the carrier controlled updates days are numbered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire