Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but I find this to be silly..

I'd agree with your points IF the phone was non functioning or hampered. In that case, then yes the carriers should be on a tight timeframe for a fix.

Class action suit over an update? Come in now, this is spiraling out of control and is borderline insanity. BTW, if such an action was brought who exactly do you think will end up footing the bill for all the attorney's?

The Process of a Class Action Lawsuit | Lawfirms.com

No, it's not silly. What? You work for the Carriers? Defending them much?
Manufacturers/Developers spent time to improve an existing device.
Carriers should NEVER have a say on when or if they get released.

"or financial fraud such as market manipulation or misrepresentation"

What that entails is, buying a product that is well known to be improved upon by manufacturers and developers and then denying releasing those improvements or delaying so long as to make them obsolete to..
1.) Push newer products on the market causing the consumer to spend more money just to get the extended features that manufacturers and developers released for free of their own free will to existing products already sold.

That is Market Manipulation.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
No, it's not, It's a Hand Held computer that happens to make phone calls,
If all you want is a cell phone,, don't buy a smart phone.
Till then, bite me.

My Icon works just fine as a smartphone as it sits right now sans Cyan so I am still not seeing your point.

The bite me comment was uncalled for and I won't stoop to the level of name calling and insults..

The Process of a Class Action Lawsuit | Lawfirms.com

No, it's not silly. What? You work for the Carriers? Defending them much?
Manufactureres/Developers spent time to improve an existing device.
Carriers should NEVER have a say on when or if they get released.

Nope I don't work for any carrier and I never have.. I fail to see what throwing an online tantrum will accomplish, that's all..

Anywho, you appear to be an angry person who likes to argue so I won't respond to you any longer.

Have a nice day and try to relax... its just a phone update man..

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
My Icon works just fine as a smartphone as it sits right now sans Cyan so I am still not seeing your point.

For you, so then you will be perfectly fine with not taking the update any way, and you can skip it and move on, making your comments and posts here completely meaningless to the rest of us.
But for some of us, the improvements are wanted and welcomed.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I will say,, it may be getting close to time for a Class Action Lawsuit against ALL Carriers
Bring about Legislation that will demand they...

1.) Provide timely information regarding the update process
2.) Setting a dead line for when the updates Must be released to the public once it is in their hands
No delaying cause they have a new device coming out they want to sell first.
3.) If they are not willing to do this, they do not get to sell those devices.
Believe me when I tell you, this will NOT stifle high end devices.

I am NOT referring just to Windows devices, but ALL Devices that all Cell Carriers are going to sell.
If a Manufacturer/Developer is releasing an update to their devices, The Carrier should be held responsible
and comply with releasing them in a timely manner, or provide information as to why there is a delay.

This, going forward, should be a priority and a demand of all Cellular customers, across all carriers and ALL Devices that carriers sell.

The old days of having just a phone that makes phone calls are over, they are gone.
Those days ended when the smart phone became a Major Mainstream Device.

You get it started and I will sign it and join in.... Been dealing with this crap from Verizon as long as I can remember, there needs to be a stop or something done about it....

People are ok now but, wait till the next update or the one after....waiting and waiting, and waiting...

It would be nice to hear about a update and know the exact day it will be released by the carrier (or within a week of release)....Like Apple does....

quantum tao

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
What I think is that everyone is asking for its transparency.
this is no place for reasonable explanations, please take it somewhere else. your hijacking of our doom and gloom thread will not be tolerated.
forward...march.. Verizon must pay for this abuse of power over us WPsheep.... time to revolt!
nevermind, I need to go to bed.

skiahh

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I will say,, it may be getting close to time for a Class Action Lawsuit against ALL Carriers
Bring about Legislation that will demand they...

1.) Provide timely information regarding the update process
2.) Setting a dead line for when the updates Must be released to the public once it is in their hands
No delaying cause they have a new device coming out they want to sell first.
3.) If they are not willing to do this, they do not get to sell those devices.
Believe me when I tell you, this will NOT stifle high end devices.

I am NOT referring just to Windows devices, but ALL Devices that all Cell Carriers are going to sell.
If a Manufacturer/Developer is releasing an update to their devices, The Carrier should be held responsible
and comply with releasing them in a timely manner, or provide information as to why there is a delay.

This, going forward, should be a priority and a demand of all Cellular customers, across all carriers and ALL Devices that carriers sell.

The old days of having just a phone that makes phone calls are over, they are gone.
Those days ended when the smart phone became a Major Mainstream Device.

So you want to have a class action lawsuit to sue the carrier for not providing you a FREE update, for which they are under no obligation to provide and the lack of which does not in any way, shape or form reduce the capability of the product you purchased? Do I have that straight?

Do you drink McDonald's coffee, too?

(And the sad part is, our courts would probably find for the class :eck: )

wstanton

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if the most effective means of pressing Verizon for transparency & speedy updates would be for a competitor to promise these and deliver ... and to contrast their respect for the customers' needs with some of our experiences of Verizon's maddening silence & slowness.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
So you want to have a class action lawsuit to sue the carrier for not providing you a FREE update, for which they are under no obligation to provide and the lack of which does not in any way, shape or form reduce the capability of the product you purchased? Do I have that straight?

Do you drink McDonald's coffee, too?

(And the sad part is, our courts would probably find for the class :eck: )

Let me see if I can get this straight.
You should be perfectly happy running DOS.

Ohhhh, that's right you would have paid for the upgrades.
my bad, then you should perfectly fine not taking a single update (other than critical updates) on your PC also.
I mean, they are free, you are not obligated to take them, or are you a hypocrite?

If the Carriers were also the manufacturer/developer/sole owner of the device, you would have point.
Since they aren't, you have no point, hence your statement is meaningless.

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I wonder if the most effective means of pressing Verizon for transparency & speedy updates would be for a competitor to promise these and deliver ... and to contrast their respect for the customers' needs with some of our experiences of Verizon's maddening silence & slowness.

This would be nice, and it can be done, wish I had the capital and know how, and trust me, I would do it.

Chrono803

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
This would be nice, and it can be done, wish I had the capital and know how, and trust me, I would do it.

I'm sure it would take a LOT of capital to even get close to the system Verizon has. Then again...there are quite a few smaller cell service companies around still, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about here.

SafeSchoolsCzar

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
A few weeks ago, I said I didn't think the Icon was getting Cyan and a few called me silly. Look at the Nokia USA Twitter feed. Their default response when people ask them about Cyan for the Icon is to say things like "The Icon is one of the few Lumias that will get the full Denim update benefits". If you search Twitter for Nokia Icon, all of their responses refer to Denim and never mention Cyan. I don't think we're getting it...I think they are waiting to roll out Denim instead which may be a few more months.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I figure that most of the people in here complaining about the update taking so long will then complain that the update didnt do this and didnt do that.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
A few weeks ago, I said I didn't think the Icon was getting Cyan and a few called me silly. Look at the Nokia USA Twitter feed. Their default response when people ask them about Cyan for the Icon is to say things like "The Icon is one of the few Lumias that will get the full Denim update benefits". If you search Twitter for Nokia Icon, all of their responses refer to Denim and never mention Cyan. I don't think we're getting it...I think they are waiting to roll out Denim instead which may be a few more months.

Technically you'd still be getting it though, because Denim contains all of what is in Cyan and then some.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I figure that most of the people in here complaining about the update taking so long will then complain that the update didnt do this and didnt do that.
you are correct welcome to the wonderful world of internet forums, once we finally do get the update the forum will be filled with threads about what the update broke :straight:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss