Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I figure that most of the people in here complaining about the update taking so long will then complain that the update didnt do this and didnt do that.

you are correct welcome to the wonderful world of internet forums, once we finally do get the update the forum will be filled with threads about what the update broke :straight:
Or once Cyan comes the tantrums will start over Denim.. Oy vey..

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I love how people are like my phone works perfect so yours should too. I don't need an update, you don't either. lol

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I love how people are like my phone works perfect so yours should too. I don't need an update, you don't either. lol

Amen.

Bottom line: Verizon doesn't need to release 8.1/Cyan just for the posters in this 20 page thread, but for the advancement of the Windows Phone platform as a whole.

You want your underdog mobile operating system to stand a chance in an iPhone - Android ruled market? Make a scene. That's what we're trying to do. Put people down and belittle them all you'd like, this OS is fighting for it's life, and we're doing the best we can to help it's survival on Verizon.

nolan533

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Amen.

Bottom line: Verizon doesn't need to release 8.1/Cyan just for the posters in this 20 page thread, but for the advancement of the Windows Phone platform as a whole.

You want your underdog mobile operating system to stand a chance in an iPhone - Android ruled market? Make a scene. That's what we're trying to do. Put people down and belittle them all you'd like, this OS is fighting for it's life, and we're doing the best we can to help it's survival on Verizon.

In this forum its just venting. Just my opinion.
I don't believe Verizon is paying much attention in here.
You want to hit them at home.
Facebook, twitter. Places like that they will have to take some notice.

I could be wrong but this is my opinion

Airlid

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Bottom line is that the manufacturer of our phones has stated that there is a software update available to make our phones better, faster, more efficient, and more fun to use. Why should we not want that? Why should we not complain when we don't get it? And be upset when it's a third party that is holding it and doesn't even have the decency to talk to us about it!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
In this forum its just venting. Just my opinion.
I don't believe Verizon is paying much attention in here.
You want to hit them at home.
Facebook, twitter. Places like that they will have to take some notice.

I could be wrong but this is my opinion

Verizon doesn't care about this forum. But as a business, they do care about the opinion of their customers. And this subsection is almost entirely comprised of current Verizon customers.

nolan533

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Verizon doesn't care about this forum. But as a business, they do care about the opinion of their customers. And this subsection is almost entirely comprised of current Verizon customers.

All I'm saying is that the majority of people reading this are the ones waiting for an update.

We need to start bugging Verizon where they may take notice.

scottstebleton

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Looking increasingly like the Icon will skip Cyan and go right to Denim:

Last edited:

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Eh, that's from Nokia, not Verizon. And it's just a "standard" reply that doesn't even answer the question he asked.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Yea because your running the DP and for the most part everyone in this thread is. There is a TON of people, if not most owners of the ICON that do not even know about the DP. They get to see all the ads on TV about Cortana and everything else but, I have a ICON where the "F" is my update and they are sitting on 8.0 GDR3....

And some of us have issues with 8.1 DP, like my over heating problem on my phone...

So, chill out, if you don't want to hear about the update or about how people want the update, THEN DONT READ THE THREAD.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
So, chill out, if you don't want to hear about the update or about how people want the update, THEN DONT READ THE THREAD.
LOL at telling the rational people to chill out.. I assume it was a joke?

The issue is that there are very few rational people posting here in this thread. It would be nice to have a level headed and adult minded conversation about the update but I see that's not going to happen.

I wonder if people had to use their real name when posting and if their family members, friends and coworkers were aware of their online behavior if they would still act the same?

Anywho, I had hoped this thread was an adult conversation about 8.1 and since its nowhere even close, I shall move along..

Happy venting.. :)

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I'm also not even sure that it's a true statement. I have a 928 and I doubt it'll get the full features of Denim since Microsoft said "Hey Cortana" requires a snapdragon 800 or higher and the 928 doesn't have one. So if that's all true the 928 won't be getting all the features of Denim afterall. Other people have said it'll be sensorcore that allows "Hey Cortana" but I don't think the 928 is in line to get that either.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
They get to see all the ads on TV about Cortana

Exactly. This is to me a big deal. We have a small userbase already, and now these few Icon users see the ads (and if you're not in the US or don't watch TV - there are currently a LOT of HTC/Lumia 635/Cortana ads on TV) and know that their phone doesn't even do these things, even though it's the second newest on Verizon.

Waiting even longer for Denim and skipping Cyan? I don't see how that is good from a customer POV. The vast majority of carriers in the world have managed to put out Cyan. I'm pretty sure Verizon isn't so technologically disadvantaged that they can't.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm also not even sure that it's a true statement. I have a 928 and I doubt it'll get the full features of Denim since Microsoft said "Hey Cortana" requires a snapdragon 800 or higher and the 928 doesn't have one. So if that's all true the 928 won't be getting all the features of Denim afterall. Other people have said it'll be sensorcore that allows "Hey Cortana" but I don't think the 928 is in line to get that either.

I wouldn't trust that Nokia twitter account. I asked Nokia on FB and got similarly meaningless info about the Icon.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
LOL at telling the rational people to chill out.. I assume it was a joke?

The issue is that there are very few rational people posting here in this thread. It would be nice to have a level headed and adult minded conversation about the update but I see that's not going to happen.

Happy venting.. :)

Are you actually trying to bring logic to a discussion about a Verizon phone update ? This is no place for logic....LOL

:)

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Huh? We must not be reading the same thread. Unless you believe that anyone that disagrees with you is automatically irrational, maybe. What "adult minded" info do you have to contribute?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss