Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkolar15

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Same here. On to the HTC One which runs official 8.1 and runs much smoother than Icon on DP. Seriously hope something comes soon Cyan/Denim otherwise this phone will be outdated which for a flagship phone is crazy. I really wish AT&T had better coverage otherwise i'd switch. There support isn't great or anything but at least their store employees don't act like the Windows Phone comes pre-loaded with digital leprosy.

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I've put my Icon in the drawer after rolling it back to 8.0 as well. I'm using an HTC One M8 for Windows on Verizon now and loving it.

I keep checking here for updates as I would love to be able to switch back and forth between devices but using the HTC fully updated compared with the Icon running DP 8.1 shows how much we are really missing without having Cyan. Hopefully the Icon will be blessed by Verizon someday soon!!!

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I've put my Icon in the drawer after rolling it back to 8.0 as well. I'm using an HTC One M8 for Windows on Verizon now and loving it.

I keep checking here for updates as I would love to be able to switch back and forth between devices but using the HTC fully updated compared with the Icon running DP 8.1 shows how much we are really missing without having Cyan. Hopefully the Icon will be blessed by Verizon someday soon!!!

Same here. On to the HTC One which runs official 8.1 and runs much smoother than Icon on DP. Seriously hope something comes soon Cyan/Denim otherwise this phone will be outdated which for a flagship phone is crazy. I really wish AT&T had better coverage otherwise i'd switch. There support isn't great or anything but at least their store employees don't act like the Windows Phone comes pre-loaded with digital leprosy.

Same here put the ICON in a drawer for now, back to Android, and my personal phone is a 925 from AT&T so it already had 8.1 Cyan for over a month now. After using 8.1 Cyan it's hard to go back to 8.0, and yes I know I can load 8.1 DP on the ICON, but were not allowed to screw with the software on our company phones at all.

Switched back to my Moto X over the weekend, running the latest Android 4.4.4 which Verizon pushed in a very timely manor, taking 1 month to get out. Really nice to have bluetooth LE back and my Jawbone UP24 up and running again. To be honest I am finding myself rather bored with it, only real thing that's better and it is a lot better is having great app sharing back, it'll be really nice once apps are updated to 8.1 and implement new sharing features (looking at Poki and Pin.it).

Definitely great things ahead for Windows Phone, but as an Icon owner right now it really does kinda suck being 2 months since general release and with no hint of when it'll be out. Two months for the lifespan of a cell phone is a long time to be wasting without such major features.

Looking forward to being back on it once 8.1 is out.

As much as I love my Icon..if Cyan isn't released by the time iPhone 6 hits the stores, I will be switching to the dark side. At least then I won't be at Verizon's mercy when it comes to updates.

Verizon...
anger.gif

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Well let's hope they don't delay denim by months too.

I'm being 100% realistic here. I don't see any reason that we'd get denim "early." I'm not sure what the deal is what the optimism in this thread about Verizon delivering Denim on time. In the midst of their lackadaisical treatment of WP8, why would we expect otherwise?

Richard Servello

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm being 100% realistic here. I don't see any reason that we'd get denim "early." I'm not sure what the deal is what the optimism in this thread about Verizon delivering Denim on time. In the midst of their lackadaisical treatment of WP8, why would we expect otherwise?

That's why I'm worried that if they skip cyan, we won't have a functioning 8.1 device until jan-Feb.

M_Mike

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Don't bother looking for an update this week. It is all hands on deck for the iPhone 6. They are following the money here. Sad for us with an Icon, but there are just not enough of us to matter compared to the sales of the iPhones.

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Not to sound like an a**, but you know how must users that are on the 8.1 dp are having problems with WI-FI, and battery problems. Could these and some of the other problems be holding things up? I understand that AT&T had already pushed out the update, but could VZW really be looking out for their customers and trying to get there problems fixed or at leased patched before the push out?

Or could these problems be related to the DP version only, does any one know if AT&T users are now having over heading or WI-FI problems since the cyan update?

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Not to sound like an a**, but you know how must users that are on the 8.1 dp are having problems with WI-FI, and battery problems. Could these and some of the other problems be holding things up? I understand that AT&T had already pushed out the update, but could VZW really be looking out for their customers and trying to get there problems fixed or at leased patched before the push out?

Or could these problems be related to the DP version only, does any one know if AT&T users are now having over heading or WI-FI problems since the cyan update?
I guarantee that whatever is holding up Verizon's rollout, it's not minor Wi-Fi and battery life issues that they have ZERO control over, and ZERO interest in.

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I understand fully, it was just a thought, on my phone im not really experiencing any over heating, and my Wi-Fi is strong and no problems at all, but I know some users of this site and others are still complaining of these programs

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's because of HTC One and no Cyan until the exclusivity is over.

Do we really know this to be true or is it just more speculation and rumors?
Just like the rumor starting up about skipping cyan all together and wasting for denim...

Tcman is an insider who has delivered quality information to these forums on multiple occasions. He also has served WPCentral forum members by checking things like Verizon inventory in the past. If he definitively says that the reason the Icon doesn't have Cyan/8.1 is an exclusivity agreement with HTC, then that's the reason. And yeah, it's pretty crappy.

Tc, any word on how much longer than exclusivity agreement is in place?

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Tcman is an insider who has delivered quality information to these forums on multiple occasions. He also has served WPCentral forum members by checking things like Verizon inventory in the past. If he definitively says that the reason the Icon doesn't have Cyan/8.1 is an exclusivity agreement with HTC, then that's the reason. And yeah, it's pretty crappy.

That's what I posted yesterday...... It was the only thing that made sense.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

arbyjr

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Hey I'm sorry I didn't mean to step on anyone's toes, again in sorry...

Brenda Smeby

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Not a rumor, but past experience. Every time Verizon puts out a new phone with the latest OS (excluding iPhone), that OS update is months later being released to the rest of the phones running it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss