Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I have an upgrade just sitting on my line. Just sitting there. Waiting for me to jump ship... To another carrier.

Yeah I've been nicking upgrades off the other lines. I need to stop changing phones so dang fast. 2/3 smartphones I've bought weren't even my line's upgrades. My mom still uses an Alias 2 and for some reason the thing is still going.

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I have an upgrade just sitting on my line. Just sitting there. Waiting for me to jump ship... To another carrier.

i used my upgrade to get the iPhone 6 plus. i just sold it and profited over $800. i'll use that money for my next 3-4 windows phones that i'll be buying off someone on craigslist. can't wait for iPhone 7 launch day!!

markk132

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
But the contract though!

ehh, i'm not leaving Verizon. whatever. they seem to be getting more and more Windows Phones lately. and sometimes they're quick with updates, sometimes they're slow. it's pick your poison with carriers. it's not like AT&T is always quick with updates, and they don't have the Lumia 930/Icon. I'm content with Verizon

Timtcee

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought those of us with the developers preview can't go back to WP 8. I did a hard reset on a phone I gave to a friend that I had developers preview on and it remained as WP 8.1 OS when I was done. Does this mean we can't get the Cyan update or that we have it already pretty much with the preview?

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
ehh, i'm not leaving Verizon. whatever. they seem to be getting more and more Windows Phones lately. and sometimes they're quick with updates, sometimes they're slow. it's pick your poison with carriers. it's not like AT&T is always quick with updates, and they don't have the Lumia 930/Icon. I'm content with Verizon

Alternatively, buy an unlocked 930 and get updates direct from Lumia SW Updater.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Verizon keeps e-mailing me saying "You can upgrade early to the iPhone 6" and I'm all like http://33.media.tumblr.com/58eaf4ac40e87a9be92a32fe3ab3c2b9/tumblr_mxf15oNRrX1rziwwco1_500.gif

Yeah, They already rolled out iOS 8... Why didn't Verizon do all the Testing on the Apple IOS. They let that go right through... They did not tell all the iPhone users "Well, we are still testing, we don't know when it will be available for DL" do you think Apple would take that crap. MS needs to get on Verizons *** about this if they really care about their hardware sales. Again Nadela dropping the ball...

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, They already rolled out iOS 8... Why didn't Verizon do all the Testing on the Apple IOS. They let that go right through... They did not tell all the iPhone users "Well, we are still testing, we don't know when it will be available for DL" do you think Apple would take that crap. MS needs to get on Verizons *** about this if they really care about their hardware sales. Again Nadela dropping the ball...

I can explain that real simply. Apple has power, Verizon agreed to let them release their own software, and they could sell the phone. You see Verizon really wanted to sell the iPhone.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

You think Verizon wants to be the only carrier that doesn't have the hottest cell phone in the world available on day one? They don't give a damn about Android or Windows Phone updates, because hardly anyone cares. Completely different with iOS.

kencaz

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
You think Verizon wants to be the only carrier that doesn't have the hottest cell phone in the world available on day one? They don't give a damn about Android or Windows Phone updates, because hardly anyone cares. Completely different with iOS.

Yep, and since Verizon does not care about WP then just release the damn update... Why are they so concerned for our safety all of a sudden. Probably iOS 8 has some major security bugs that they'll just let slip right through. So it seems the way they are acting they care much more about us WP users then iOS users. Ha Ha [Sarcasm]. I think to that WPC should call MS and Verizon and find out what is going on rather then just "WE DON"T KNOW"

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Yep, and since Verizon does not care about WP then just release the damn update... Why are they so concerned for our safety all of a sudden. Probably iOS 8 has some major security bugs that they'll just let slip right through. So it seems the way they are acting they care much more about us WP users then iOS users. Ha Ha [Sarcasm]. I think to that WPC should call MS and Verizon and find out what is going on rather then just "WE DON"T KNOW"

1. As mentioned above, the delay has to do with marketing, not anything software related. The HTC One M8 for Windows is the lone phone with the latest software, and they want to keep it that way for a while longer.

2. I agree that these are the sort of things where it's noticeable how sites like WP Central is really just a very well done and active blog/fan community. A real journalistic enterprise would be more concerned with covering this sort of things in depth and trying to get anonymous sources to speak on the record about how things actually work.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
It's been pretty obvious for a long time that WP central is not a place to come for "fair and balanced" this place is a walking Microsoft advert. nothing more.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
1. As mentioned above, the delay has to do with marketing, not anything software related. The HTC One M8 for Windows is the lone phone with the latest software, and they want to keep it that way for a while longer.

I want this update as badly as anyone but frankly, unless you have something to back that up with, I'm calling BS on it. Verizon is always late with Android and WP updates. Lose the tinfoil hat. This isn't about a conspiracy, it's about indifference.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
It's been pretty obvious for a long time that WP central is not a place to come for "fair and balanced" this place is a walking Microsoft advert. nothing more.

That doesn't seem entirely fair.

It's a fan website. Not an advertisement. No one at Mobile Nations is paid by Microsoft. Mobile devices are a hobby and interest for a lot of people, thus there's a demand for communities like Mobile Nations to facilitate said people.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I want this update as badly as anyone but frankly, unless you have something to back that up with, I'm calling BS on it. Verizon is always late with Android and WP updates. Lose the tinfoil hat. This isn't about a conspiracy, it's about indifference.
Only reasonable speculation and the posts in this thread by tcman88 who seems reliable. I guess we'll see if Cyan is released in October since he said that's when HTC One M8 for Windows' exclusivity is over.

The fact that they're always late (if it is a fact, I haven't looked into it and have only been with them since April) does nothing to negate this, of course. I'm sure any tardiness with Android is for the same reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)