Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Mine's done. Nothing interesting, and no Cyan.

Same here. At least nothing I've noticed so far. I noticed they just updated the news link and said AT&T 925 is getting CYAN as well. :unhappy: Oh well. I will say after downgrading to 8.0, not restoring a backup and then going to DP 8.1 my wifi has been better. Still about the same battery drain. But wifi stays connected, no delay on the power button. When CYAN does get released I will certainly be doing a fresh install instead of updating. I've always done that method for Windows desktop OS's, guess the same applies for phone OS for me as well.

Obsidial

May 14, 2014
Visit site
You know....maybe this was all Verizon was waiting for, (if this is indeed the Bitlocker fix) and we'll see an update this week!!!

<reality>
Yeah...right. Keep dreaming.
</reality>

garbagedrew

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
So I contacted Nokia for the heck of it. Take it with a grain of salt but the rep insisted that Cyan would be out 3rd Quarter and insisted that meant by the end of September. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
They have until next week or I go the unlocked 1520 (better than the locked version) on at&t route. Sometimes at&t is first, but they always release WP releases in a reasonable time frame. At this point I'm seriously considering jumping ship from verizon anyway. I was just hoping I could get the 1525/1530 or whatever its called.

So I contacted Nokia for the heck of it. Take it with a grain of salt but the rep insisted that it would be out 3rd Quarter and insisted that meant by the end of September. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So I contacted Nokia for the heck of it. Take it with a grain of salt but the rep insisted that Cyan would be out 3rd Quarter and insisted that meant by the end of September. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
If we in the thread had a dollar for every time a CSR said it'd be out in the next few days we'd be rich... Well, maybe not rich. But we'd have several dollars. :)

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
So I installed the new DP update and started up the Nokia Software Recovery Tool 1.5 to see it any new firmware was there. And now it says "Software package not available for this phone. Package download for the selected phone failed." It does has the Nokia Lumia 929, RM-927, etc in the left column though. Not sure what to make of this but looks like no downgrade to 8.0 for now even if I wanted to.

EDIT: Eh, just tried it again and it went back to the 8.0 update.

khador

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Updated to latest developer preview and now my Icon is running like a dog. Seeing "Loading..." on a few app launches. Also transitions back to the home screen don't always seem that smooth.

Kinda sad to see this awesome device getting left behind.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Updated to latest developer preview and now my Icon is running like a dog. Seeing "Loading..." on a few app launches. Also transitions back to the home screen don't always seem that smooth.

Probably just some behind the scenes processes still going on. Usually goes back to being smooth (and less battery use) after a whole.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

Anyone else experiencing problems with the latest update on developer preview? If so, I wont update.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
If we in the thread had a dollar for every time a CSR said it'd be out in the next few days we'd be rich... Well, maybe not rich. But we'd have several dollars. :)

Now, I have been hearing that same'o crap from CSRs for years starting back on a old Moto v710....crap, I could almost retire by now....Thanks Verizon...95% was with them..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett