Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
This is nonsensical. It would have been announced via official channels before the switch was flipped, the gear cranked, and valve levered.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
I remember back in windows phone 7 if you wanted an elusive update like this, you plug it in, check for updates, unplug it while its checking for updates and it will work. I actually used this method to download one of the updates on the HTC Arrive.

grafixguy#AC

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Someone's either playing us or honestly doesn't know that phone on the developer preview.

No way I can believe that just one phone is getting these updates.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/25/512e1859bf0ece2440fab7f451d0246b.jpg
Son of a...... May be a little bit longer fellas. Hold tight. On the plus side I may be able to figure out what it is sooner.

Sent from my LG G3

Someone's either playing us or honestly doesn't know that phone on the developer preview.

No way I can believe that just one phone is getting these updates.

These pictures look legit. I checked for signs of photoshop. And I did a reverse google image search and couldn't find anything. The timing works out okay as well, though he did get that first screenshot pretty early.

Come on, Minnesota guy! You can do it! Deliver!

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
In fairness they could be legit from an AT&T phone that got the update and there wouldn't be any manipulation. With that said, I could believe that the update for the update could be staggered and the update itself could also be staggered.

These pictures look legit. I checked for signs of photoshop. And I did a reverse google image search and couldn't find anything. The timing works out okay as well, though he did get that first screenshot pretty early.

Come on, Minnesota guy! You can do it! Deliver!

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
That's exactly what we've been waiting to see. Keep us posted, independentvolume!

Those on AT&T got the notification for Cyan/8.1 almost immediately after installing 8.0.10532.166.

After doing a little research, I can't find anything about how LONG afterwards they got the 8.1/Cyan OTA.

http://winsupersite.com/windows-phone/att-rolls-out-windows-phone-81-nokia-lumia-1520

This mini-blog confirms it, but he (Paul) did not indicate how long after he got the update before getting the 8.1/Cyan OTA.

Edit: I did a quick check of the Verizon forums and nobody's mentioned getting this update.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos