Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khador

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
8.1.1 has really screwed up my device, I never had issues with wifi before but now it's almost unusable when not close to the router. Also noticed a lot of "loading..." when starting apps and the slide animation from start screen to app list is not very smooth at all.

Glad I moved back to my Moto X last week, using it with an android wear watch which is pretty sweet.

Looking forward to getting the official Cyan update, really hope it fixes the issues I have on dev preview. Love Windows Phone OS and the Icon, I'm already a bit bored with Android. I will say that going back to Android has reminded me of how much better quality a lot of the apps are. WP is a better OS but without a doubt Android generally has better apps.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
8.1.1 has really screwed up my device, I never had issues with wifi before but now it's almost unusable when not close to the router. Also noticed a lot of "loading..." when starting apps and the slide animation from start screen to app list is not very smooth at all.

Glad I moved back to my Moto X last week, using it with an android wear watch which is pretty sweet.

Looking forward to getting the official Cyan update, really hope it fixes the issues I have on dev preview. Love Windows Phone OS and the Icon, I'm already a bit bored with Android. I will say that going back to Android has reminded me of how much better quality a lot of the apps are. WP is a better OS but without a doubt Android generally has better apps.
I would do a hard reset.

lugies

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with the wifi before I upgraded to the latest 8.1.1 DP, as well as issues with the lag when turning on the screen every time. I upgraded to 8.1.1 and still the same issues :( So, I figured I might as well factory reset (and then restoring all my apps and data) and now the screen turns on instantly like it should. Also, wifi has not acted up yet either, but it's only been a day so I'm not convinced yet that it's fixed.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

khador

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I did a hard reset with restore (which failed a few times) but I still have the same issues. Before anyone suggests it ;) there's no way I'm going to waste my time going back to 8 and then up to 8.1 preview.

David Feifer

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
hmm.. or maybe someone at Verizon is taunting us. About 20 minutes ago I had checked for windows updates .. again... and received a nice bluish screen with information saying there was an update available for my phone and it was to help get things ready to install 8.1. I have the dp installed so I was a little surprised so tried taking screen shots. There was a media number on the top that kept increasing but it didnt seem like it was actually saving the screenshot unfortunately i accidentally hit the back button and when i told it to look for updates again it said i was up to date..

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
hmm.. or maybe someone at Verizon is taunting us. About 20 minutes ago I had checked for windows updates .. again... and received a nice bluish screen with information saying there was an update available for my phone and it was to help get things ready to install 8.1. I have the dp installed so I was a little surprised so tried taking screen shots. There was a media number on the top that kept increasing but it didnt seem like it was actually saving the screenshot unfortunately i accidentally hit the back button and when i told it to look for updates again it said i was up to date..

Blueish screen? The screen is either black or white depending on whether or not you're using the dark theme or the light theme.

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The only people taunting are MS. Windows OS showing up to date, what a joke.

It ought to read, "Your phone is 73 days out of date. Please update immediately for important fixes."

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
So sorry! I was checking my phone's update status, and didn't notice you!;D

You know, that's what makes it all so sad: there were no phones involved. No distractions that were obvious. Just people not following the most basic of traffic laws and almost ruining my week.

I need to really work to establish myself as a freelance writer so I can stay home more away from these crazy drivers and trigger happy law enforcement officers before they kill me.

Sorry, this got really off topic so let me fix that: still no update on my phone either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb