Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhappi79

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I've already reached my tipping point. Next week I'll be getting the iPhone 6. If by chance Cyan is released between now and then I'll gladly check it out. Too little too late.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
That is just stupid. The WP still kicks Apples *** in every way.

Agreed. My tipping point leads me to terminating my contract with Verizon early and going to AT&T - as opposed to waiting until the end of my contract in February.

Either way, Verizon has already lost my business after 10 years - not that they care.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I might pay the $350 penalty and take my business to AT&T again. I like Verizon but this is BS. Last time I did this was when I went from AT&T to T-Mobile when AT&T refused to let me upgrade my Lumia 900 without penalty to anything other than an iPhone... Paid penalty and moved on then too. But much less... $350 is a lot of dough. :) Of course, still less than paying upfront for the Icon.

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. My tipping point leads me to terminating my contract with Verizon early and going to AT&T - as opposed to waiting until the end of my contract in February.

Either way, Verizon has already lost my business after 10 years - not that they care.

^This is really the point, it appears Verizon really doesn't care about losing a few hundred or a few thousand customers. I only use them because I have to at work, my personal lines are all AT&T, and no its not more expensive, with my company discount Verizon would cost me about $12 a month less with the same phones and plan I have with AT&T, that's with the discount, without it it would cost more than AT&T. I'm just fortunate that AT&T coverage is as good or better than Verizon where I live and work.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I've already reached my tipping point. Next week I'll be getting the iPhone 6. If by chance Cyan is released between now and then I'll gladly check it out. Too little too late.

just remember to be careful with your new iPhone 6 in your pocket when you sit down, you may bend the phone :sweaty:

khador

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
For all those looking to leave VZ: https://www.cellbreaker.com

Not bad at $77 to break a line. Been contemplating it myself. Sick of VZ pricing, I barely get any data @ 1GB shared between 2 lines costs $135, daylight robbery. I used to excuse it by their coverage, but tbh it's not been all that great where I am, lots of occasions where I don't get any data coverage and I live in the middle of a major city.

Picked up an AT&T Lumia 635 to try out on Straightalk or AT&T, see how it goes.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Except for the first comment from Rubino: "Still nothing for Verizon or T-Mobile, sorry ;)"

Hopefully we're getting it tomorrow... Because I'm to the tipping point.

That comment came from Rubino, editor in chief for WPCentral. But, yes... hopefully tomorrow or at least before the month is out. We haven't heard back from poster who said his girlfriend got the pre-8.1 update from Verizon.

Me, I will stay with Verizon. I've gone through this before with my Galaxy Nexus and when it came I was happy. I have better things to do than worry about when or if an OS update is going to be released.

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
For all those looking to leave VZ: https://www.cellbreaker.com

Not bad at $77 to break a line. Been contemplating it myself. Sick of VZ pricing, I barely get any data @ 1GB shared between 2 lines costs $135, daylight robbery. I used to excuse it by their coverage, but tbh it's not been all that great where I am, lots of occasions where I don't get any data coverage and I live in the middle of a major city.

Picked up an AT&T Lumia 635 to try out on Straightalk or AT&T, see how it goes.

Nah. I'd rather sue. It's more fun that way. Hey at least their FiOS service let's subscribers access HBO GO on Roku, and Comedy Central on Xbox One. Comcast doesn't. I hate the telcos in Miami. Anyone know of a good city to switch to?

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Lumia Icon on Verizon....

Ok, So I decided to downgrade my phone back to WP8.
NSRT 1.5.0 is saying that it will install the 1028.3566.1417.0047 Firmware.
We will see if I get pushed back to WP8 or keep WP8.1.1

I know that Cyan is not available yet.
I am doing this more as a test to see if there are any further updates or anything at all.
And just to see what happens in general.

The Software is 4.29GB in size. It'll take a while to complete.
I will post back my results.

Last edited:

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
^This is really the point, it appears Verizon really doesn't care about losing a few hundred or a few thousand customers. I only use them because I have to at work, my personal lines are all AT&T, and no its not more expensive, with my company discount Verizon would cost me about $12 a month less with the same phones and plan I have with AT&T, that's with the discount, without it it would cost more than AT&T. I'm just fortunate that AT&T coverage is as good or better than Verizon where I live and work.

54738076.jpg

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so yep, I did go back to WP8.
and the firmware is the 1417

I am on 8.0.10521.155 OS Version.
checked for updates, but so far there are not any.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
We haven't heard back from poster who said his girlfriend got the pre-8.1 update from Verizon.

Yes, we did. See below. Not really sure what happened there. At this point, not even sure if he was telling the truth or not.

Evidently that's all there is to the download. Anyone else get it? 8.0 or DP?

Sent from my LG G3

Another day, and more disappointment from Big Red. Tcman88 said that the exclusivity agreement with HTC ends this month. So we'll probably see T-Mobile and AT&T announce the HTC One M8 with Windows, then Verizon will release the update a couple weeks after that.

Thanks, Verizon!

feeked

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Rubino's winky-face obviously implies that he knows something that we don't. Either Cyan is REALLY close, like the next day or two, or Denim is close, like the next week or two.

Given what we've heard about the release schedule, I'd bet on Denim in the next week or two.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes, we did. See below. Not really sure what happened there. At this point, not even sure if he was telling the truth or not.

Another day, and more disappointment from Big Red. Tcman88 said that the exclusivity agreement with HTC ends this month. So we'll probably see T-Mobile and AT&T announce the HTC One M8 with Windows, then Verizon will release the update a couple weeks after that.

Thanks, Verizon!

My contract is up on 10/1. I honestly have no idea what I am going to do. My options are between the $30 prepaid T-Mobile plan or just continuing to pay $30 for my share of Verizon (which is a really fair shake). I really do enjoy this device, definitely the best camera I have ever had in a phone. When compared to Android, it has been smoother and much more responsive. The addition of swipe was pretty spectacular, because I was so used to SwiftKey. However, part of me wants to go back to Android because I am a tinkerer at heart and I grow discontent with things that "just work". I love to be on the bleeding edge, and when the bleeding edge on this device is without updated firmware, we have most of the features we want with a WiFi and battery performance ding, and that simply is not cool. My 2 cents. I'm not giving up hope yet.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Rubino's winky-face obviously implies that he knows something that we don't. Either Cyan is REALLY close, like the next day or two, or Denim is close, like the next week or two.

Given what we've heard about the release schedule, I'd bet on Denim in the next week or two.

Eggplant. We're going straight to Eggplant and skipping Cyan/Denim.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb