Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PAC757

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
This is Verizon we are taking about it, I would bet they could care less....we got your money so screw you...

In my personal experience with Verizon, This is a very accurate description of the Verizon employees attitude. That, or they practically make fun of you for owning a Windows Phone.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Unless people ask about a specific billing question or similar, that's the kind of idiotic non sequitur everything is met with on Verizon's Facebook and Twitter accounts as well. They seem to be mainly bots or really strictly adhering to scripts.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well they have broken me. I give up hoping looking and searching.

But, your still here replying to this thread ? Not sure how much you actually gave up looking :)

Happy Icon day, Everyone!

It would be a much happier day if we got Denim today.....(note: I have given up complete hope for Cyan, now want denim)

Yep, checked, no such luck....Thanks Verizon...

A very happy ICON day indeed. Now if only I could find an affordable individual plan that is not Verizon (I currently fork over $30 for my share of 1GB).

$30 for 1gb ? Ouch...I am so glad I am grandfathered in....Unlimited for $30...and I get my employee discount on top of that :)

They must have something else or a promo that could get you more data for that price, I thought it was 2gb for $30 now days ?

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
But, your still here replying to this thread ? Not sure how much you actually gave up looking :)

It would be a much happier day if we got Denim today.....(note: I have given up complete hope for Cyan, now want denim)

Yep, checked, no such luck....Thanks Verizon...

$30 for 1gb ? Ouch...I am so glad I am grandfathered in....Unlimited for $30...and I get my employee discount on top of that :)

They must have something else or a promo that could get you more data for that price, I thought it was 2gb for $30 now days ?

I used to have 2GB of my own since my iPhone 4S, but then my brother got a Moto X (his first smartphone) this year and it was decided for us to jump of the shared data plan. Bad for me, great for him.

daniel329

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Just talked to a Verizon rep who said they weren't releasing the update until it was ready. I asked how so many small carriers could have the update but Verizon refused to release it.

Him: "If you want to go to another carrier that is your right."

Me "For someone who has 14 lines of service that seems very unhelpful."

Him: "If you want an update that will break your phone. Go for it"

Me: "For the record so I can tell people, do you believe that ATT's updates broke their devices?"

Him: "Are you recording this call? I did not agree for you to record this call."

Me: "No, I just want to convey information I receive from you to people who are wondering."

Him: "Goodbye." *click*

Planning the switch of the 14 lines to ATT today.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Just talked to a Verizon rep who said they weren't releasing the update until it was ready. I asked how so many small carriers could have the update but Verizon refused to release it.

Him: "If you want to go to another carrier that is your right."

Me "For someone who has 14 lines of service that seems very unhelpful."

Him: "If you want an update that will break your phone. Go for it"

Me: "For the record so I can tell people, do you believe that ATT's updates broke their devices?"

Him: "Are you recording this call? I did not agree for you to record this call."

Me: "No, I just want to convey information I receive from you to people who are wondering."

Him: "Goodbye." *click*

Planning the switch of the 14 lines to ATT today.

You'll probably end up with better Windows Phone customer care and a better rate.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
LOL "I did not agree for you to record this call".

But that guy knew nothing, of course (they might release it tomorrow, or never). Don't cut your nose off to spite your face, is all I'm saying. If you switch because of an ignorant CSR, you'll never find a carrier. Maybe it was just the last straw though. Plenty of reasons to switch to AT&T anyway, thinking of it myself.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have experience with Verizon phones aka, 928/Icon on US Cellular? All other carriers in my area are hit and miss at best. US Cellular is by far 2nd best, but Verizon rules here. Sort of stuck with Big Red.

MobileVortex

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have experience with Verizon phones aka, 928/Icon on US Cellular? All other carriers in my area are hit and miss at best. US Cellular is by far 2nd best, but Verizon rules here. Sort of stuck with Big Red.
You must be in my area... Verizon and usc are the only carriers worth anything. I'm in western IL / eastern IA.

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
West-Central WI; just north of LaCrosse, WI. If I get up and over the bluffs in WI (to where my kids travel for sports) I lose coverage of all but those two. Just too many dead spots in my home area to NOT use Big Red. I have been with them for almost 20 years now (including previous acquisitions). My biggest complaint (on this issue) is the lack of communication. I think most people would agree that half the issue is not knowing.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Since Microsoft now owns the hardware manufacturing as well as the software, why don't they make Cyan available to Verizon subscribers through the Preview for Developers?

Let's face it, if I am a developer wanting to include Miracast functionality, or utilize Bluetooth 4.0 LE, I am unable to test how my app or device performs on the Icon without Cyan.

One last comment: The reason why this thread is over 40 pages long is because as Icon owners we purchased a flagship device with the expectation that we would be first in line to receive software upgrades. Since the 930 is essentially the same phone, and since it runs both the WP 8.1 OS and Cyan firmware, there's no reason to be concerned that we are all going to brick our phones. Maybe it's wrong to expect that Verizon would have released these updates months ago, but what other flagship has been left in the dark for so long? I have owned the Icon since it was released, but if you were to purchase an Icon today, you would still be on WP 8.0, and the experience would be terrible IMHO.

Thank you Microsoft for the PFD program and please give us Cyan too!

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
My honest opinion in this is that Verizon wants to be sure the firmware is not bypassing any of their services (think Skype and wi-fi back in the day). A theory, but got nothing else to go on cause they won't talk to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss