Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

performing lumia

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
Well I like Verizon cause of the service in my area, but waiting on the cyan update is getting a little inpatient esp when att release theirs and reading posts bout deni
m and windows 10...my upgrade is up in Feb I'm thinking bout switching phones not the carrier, and get something I'm gonna be well satisfied and happy with...dont want to be a discouraged cause I bet when I do switch up that's when the updates pops up :)

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Tcman did say that the HTC exclusivity ends in September. But we haven't seen an AT&T release date announcement yet. Hoping that we see both soon.

I'm not holding my breath on denim.

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I've been checking all morning - NOTHING yet! I HATE Verizon! If we don't get Cyan/Denim by the end of this week, I'm paying out my contract and switching to AT&T and getting a 1520!

I have a family plan on AT&T with 2 lines and both are eligible for upgrade. I also have a single line on Verizon (for the Icon) and while I liked the 1520 it is a huge phone! I loved everything about the 1520 except for its size. Trying to use that thing daily would be a massive no go for me.

I briefly considered getting the 830 on AT&T but the lower res screen on it is also a no go for me. I'll just wait for the Icon to get the 8.1 love..

Karpito

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
VZ just twitted "Verizon Wireless USA ‏@VerizonWireless ? 7m7 minutes ago
Can we help you now? @VZWSupport is standing by to answer questions, offer tips, and support your device any way possible."
Let's ask them 1 million times about Cyan on twitter.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
New month, new possibilities!
Today is the day, I can feel it! LOL

Didn't you say that yesterday and the day before? No offence, I cant not trust your thoughts on this at this point. :)

And people with contract talks...I have not been in a contract with Verizon for almost 10 years now (but, I always find a way to get new phone)...Not signing a new one due to possibly losing my Unlimited data..and if they pull that away, I will start trying other carriers that offer more data.

jason hogan1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
My wife and I went into a VZW corporate store to buy the M8 and Icon (I'm the Icon person). We weren't browsing or on the fence about what we wanted, we wanted to pick up the phones and go as quickly as possible. When the rep asked us what he could do for us we told him we wanted the phones and he said "you don't want those". I actually had to convince the guy I wanted them (he was actually asking for reasons) before he would go get them for me.

I don't think Verizon even wants to sell WP at this point. Why not take the VZW logo off of the door and call it the iPhone store? It would be a lot less confusing.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
VZ just twitted "Verizon Wireless USA ‏@VerizonWireless ? 7m7 minutes ago
Can we help you now? @VZWSupport is standing by to answer questions, offer tips, and support your device any way possible."
Let's ask them 1 million times about Cyan on twitter.

They won't answer in any meaningful way of course, but always good to make noise.

jazz70

May 28, 2014
Visit site
my mottos to live by when I am looking for the update this month are:

"3rd month is the charm" & "new month, new hope" & "this is Verizon we are talking about"

I hope I don't have a "4th month is the charm" motto :unhappysweat:

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
That happened with my 928. They didn't know that it existed. Then it was "oh one of those". Then they turned it on and set it up and started staring at it. "OMG I love that screen!". I ordered the Icon from Microsoft so I didn't see their reaction. I did have to bring it in for a new sim card though.

My wife and I went into a VZW corporate store to buy the M8 and Icon (I'm the Icon person). We weren't browsing or on the fence about what we wanted, we wanted to pick up the phones and go as quickly as possible. When the rep asked us what he could do for us we told him we wanted the phones and he said "you don't want those". I actually had to convince the guy I wanted them (he was actually asking for reasons) before he would go get them for me.

I don't think Verizon even wants to sell WP at this point. Why not take the VZW logo off of the door and call it the iPhone store? It would be a lot less confusing.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

Too be fair, the folks around me are Galaxy people -_-

tkolar15

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site

Same thing happened to me when i picked up my Icon. They tried everything they could to get me to purchase a Galaxy or iPhone. I have to go back this week to port my wife's number over on to my account from Verizon and she is getting the M8. I converted her from iOS to WP. Can't wait to get into a debate again with the Verizon people.

SafeSchoolsCzar

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I long for a US market with no cellular carriers. The phones are unlocked and all phones are wi-fi based instead of the networks of carriers. I know we have a long way to go to get wi-fi where it needs to be, but the days are numbered for the carriers. This is why the carriers are fighting technologies like non-network communications. Skype, Lync, etc. are the enemies of the carriers.

I just want unlocked phones that I can do with what I want and as long as the wi-fi works, who gives a crap what I have on the OS. That day is coming, but it'll be quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb