Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antonius138

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
So I was thinking about this last night...there are always leaks for products and timelines long before they are ever released. I mean take our phone, for how long were we teased with pictures of the device before it was finally available? But yet the secrecy around testing timeline and release of firmware from Verizon seems almost impenetrable.

It made me wonder what is the testing environment is like at Verizon? Now I'm probably dating myself here but is it like the 80's movies where there is a room full of naked women working in an all white room and the CDMA key is kept in a safe in the middle of the room and it requires two keys to open it?

Makes you wonder huh?

Like you all I am hoping that they release it soon, but for now I will go back to playing with Windows 10 for the time being. :amaze:

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
So I was thinking about this last night...there are always leaks for products and timelines long before they are ever released. I mean take our phone, for how long were we teased with pictures of the device before it was finally available? But yet the secrecy around testing timeline and release of firmware from Verizon seems almost impenetrable.

It made me wonder what is the testing environment is like at Verizon? Now I'm probably dating myself here but is it like the 80's movies where there is a room full of naked women working in an all white room and the CDMA key is kept in a safe in the middle of the room and it requires two keys to open it?

Makes you wonder huh?

Like you all I am hoping that they release it soon, but for now I will go back to playing with Windows 10 for the time being. :amaze:

If it wasn't clear before, it is now: This delay has absolutely nothing to do with testing.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site

Makes you wonder huh?

After mentioning a room filled with naked women, are you sure you are playing with OS 10?

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
They have a single computer running windows 3.1 with an 8086 processor. They have some kind of USB->Serial converter but since its an 8086 its setup to connect at only 300 baud.

Makes you wonder huh?

mrhappi79

May 16, 2014
Visit site
I've had I can takes and I can't takes no more. My iPhone 6 arrives tomorrow. I would have wanted to at least check out the official 8.1 build on my Icon. Oh well. Verizon still gets my business though!

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I've had I can takes and I can't takes no more. My iPhone 6 arrives tomorrow. I would have wanted to at least check out the official 8.1 build on my Icon. Oh well. Verizon still gets my business though!
The preview IS the official build. If you want to check it out, get it.

JK75

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
In celebration of this thread reaching 50 pages, I have to say... I'm thinking of buying an S5.

You know, I am willing to deal with any two of the following:

Painfully slow updates to firmware that causes major lack of device functionality
Lack of app support
Complete carrier disregard for customer satisfaction in return for good coverage

But all three... this is getting to be a lot to ask. I am a Microsoft enthusiast - I love the Windows ecosystem and I believe the UI on WP is far and away better than that of Android. But if Microsoft cannot convince the largest U.S. carrier (or at least the most reliable U.S. carrier, by far, in every place I have lived) to get on board and treat WP as something other than a red-headed stepchild, then this thing is just doomed to fail.

I have to think this over some more, but I may have to pull the plug on WP.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Its not the official experience. The lack of firmware to support the OS can and does cause problems. Some people experience major issues and others don't. This is the only reason I'm not doing DP on my main phone. I put it on my old 928.

The preview IS the official build. If you want to check it out, get it.

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
If I was leaving the WP camp, I'd get a note 4. Hell will freeze over before I give apple a penny.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Its not the official experience. The lack of firmware to support the OS can and does cause problems. Some people experience major issues and others don't. This is the only reason I'm not doing DP on my main phone. I put it on my old 928.

I know that, believe me. But the post I responded to said he wanted to "check it out". Cyan completes it in important ways, but the vast majority of the experiences is definitely in the Preview, and the code is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers