Not open for further replies.

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site

juliosa2

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Twiter.jpg
hi i am in Colombia and have a lumia Icon, wrote to verizon suport for twitter and this is the answer they give me the Cyan upgrade. I speak Spanish sorry for my bad English ..

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
So, Cyan = AT&T, Debian Red = Verizon...

Poor T-Mobile users... Pink is a long ways away in the alphabet. Let's hope "Flamingo" is their codename.

EDIT: that's what I get for being color-blind. T-Mobile is magenta. So a little closer than P!

Lol. Colors are silly, but the logic is sound.

As crippling to productivity that Linux is, Ubuntu has the naming scheme on point.

Adjectives and Animals

Joseph Anthony2

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
In line with the chorus, I ordered an Icon online (knowing I would install the DP) and went to pick it up in store. The sales staff went out of their way to tell me that windows phones are junk and questioned my reasons for purchasing it. The salesperson proceeded to throw a fit after I corrected everything she made up. Then the manager refused to honor the online order (when the Icon was free). I can only imagine if someone was listening, it would be difficult to decipher who the salesperson was.

The manager refused to honor your online order?!

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
The manager refused to honor your online order?!

That's right. He would not give me the promotional price of the phone (I.e. Free online with store pickup). Told me I had to pay $99 plus tax and activation fee. Apparently stores do not have to honor your online order. Had to get it cancelled and then get the Icon shipped to me. At least I didn't have to have them berate me for getting a windows phone again. Made it extremely difficult to get the phone I wanted.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
That's right. He would not give me the promotional price of the phone (I.e. Free online with store pickup). Told me I had to pay $99 plus tax and activation fee. Apparently stores do not have to honor your online order. Had to get it cancelled and then get the Icon shipped to me. At least I didn't have to have them berate me for getting a windows phone again. Made it extremely difficult to get the phone I wanted.

I really hope you can write this up while it's fresh in your mind and info is in the system, and do whatever digging is needed to find a large batch of executive email addresses (look up EECB). Because that's crap, and poor business to boot.

nolan533

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened to me when I bought my icon.
I ordered online for in store pickup.
drove an hour to get to the nearest Verizon corporate store.
had to waite 45 minutes for them to find a Icon while they were trying to sell me a iPhone.
only to be told that they don't honor online pricing and that it would $140 for a free phone

JBM425

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Was this at an authorized reseller, or a company store? I did not have that experience with the Icon when I bought it at a Verizon company store in suburban Portland, OR. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, and never attempted to steer me away from the Icon or said anything disparaging. (Considering I bought the phone anticipating being able to update to 8.1/Cyan, I almost wish they had.)

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Did anyone else notice in the article about Cyan coming to more preview for developer phones that WpCentral said that Verizon and T-Mobile haven't responded to inquiries about their testing? I assume that means even the site is harassing them and getting nowhere with it. It's just maddening that they can't even say the words we're working on it or we're going to denim instead. It'd go a long ways toward calming people and the site would probably run an article saying Verizon said they're working on it just to shut us all up lol

Joseph Anthony2

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Was this at an authorized reseller, or a company store? I did not have that experience with the Icon when I bought it at a Verizon company store in suburban Portland, OR. The staff was very helpful and knowledgeable, and never attempted to steer me away from the Icon or said anything disparaging. (Considering I bought the phone anticipating being able to update to 8.1/Cyan, I almost wish they had.)

Whoa. I bought mine in Beaverton!! The first store i went to was in Hillsboro and both kind of discouraged me from the purchase.

Joseph Anthony2

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) from SCANDAL, one of the highest rated shows on television, uses a Nokia Lumia Icon on the show. I wish they would show the screen with W 8.1 so verizon would get a clue : P

mikeharden#WP

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
We need some WP buyers to video these employees doing this terrible job of selling WP and pushing iPhones or any other phone. I would love to see the employee disparaging a customer. Post them on you tube and link here!

Tjarren

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) from SCANDAL, one of the highest rated shows on television, uses a Nokia Lumia Icon on the show. I wish they would show the screen with W 8.1 so verizon would get a clue : P

I wish she would send Huck and Quinn to have a private conversation with Verizon's CEO about it ...

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site

WPs are EVERYWHERE in TV and movies. Just saw one used in "Gone Girl". Doesn't matter for sales, obviously, when stores don't even stock them.

MedicDW

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Yup! Just got my Icon 2 days ago after visiting 2 Verizon stores and 1 best buy. First Verizon store told me no one buys WP and I should look at iPhone 6 and S5. Best buy friendly and honest salesperson told me best buy pushes for iPhone and Android phones and that they don't stock WP and accessories in store. Then I finally found a salesperson at a Verizon store who actually owns an ICON!! But when I asked about 8.1 update, she checked her phone and said "no update yet, there will be a $35 restock fee is you return the phone."... as if she thinks I may returned the phone soon because of the update. I start to think she might be right...

anon(8503161)

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Yup! Just got my Icon 2 days ago after visiting 2 Verizon stores and 1 best buy. First Verizon store told me no one buys WP and I should look at iPhone 6 and S5. Best buy friendly and honest salesperson told me best buy pushes for iPhone and Android phones and that they don't stock WP and accessories in store. Then I finally found a salesperson at a Verizon store who actually owns an ICON!! But when I asked about 8.1 update, she checked her phone and said "no update yet, there will be a $35 restock fee is you return the phone."... as if she thinks I may returned the phone soon because of the update. I start to think she might be right...

$35 restock? Is that outside of the 14-day window or within it!

GoJays

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss