Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhalanxPunx

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
I have to find out if the store I bought mine outright from is a corporate store as they gave me no hassle at all. I walked in, went straight to the cat I talked to the day before about my account and with determination I just said, "I'm going to buy that one right now please". He said ok and went in the back and came out like two minutes later with a basket that had my Icon, and numerous accessories. I told him that unless he had a Qi dock in there I didn't need any accessories. He never even tried to push any, he just said that they didn't carry any docks for Windows phones. The guy was very nice and helpful, and the only thing he questioned me on was why I was buying outright when my upgrade was only 5 days away. I replied that I wanted to save the for the next flagship WP that comes out. He looked at me amazed and asked if I knew of one (this back on August 1st). Moral of the off-topic story is that I guess it all depends on the store...

JBM425

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Whoa. I bought mine in Beaverton!! The first store i went to was in Hillsboro and both kind of discouraged me from the purchase.

I went to the Verizon company store in Bridgeport Village (Tualatin). I guess it's like the old saying..."your mileage may vary."

Note that the store at Streets of Tanasbourne is a "GO Wireless" authorized Verizon reseller, and the Verizon corporate store is in the plaza next to Red Robin, Stanfords, and US Bank at the intersection of Evergreen Parkway and 185th Ave.

jason hogan1

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
That is beyond ridiculous. I don't care if we're talking about your preferred phone OS or a spatula. If someone comes in and wants to buy something (or has an order to pick up) there is no reason or excuse for a salesperson to step in your way. That is rude and it should not be tolerated.

something similar happened to my wife and I when we went to buy our phones. We knew what we wanted and the trip wasn't to browse, it was to buy. The salesman challenged us and we let him have about 3 questions before my wife waked to the cashier and asked for a manager.

Verizon really needs to get that stuff in check, regardless of what the customer wants.

WinAndTech

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
We, the consumer have let these corporate mammoths grow out of control.

There used to be a time where making the customer happy went a long way, not so much now. This is our fault people. We allow this to happen. We pay for the reps that tell us no, we pay for the stores to degrade WP, we pay for all this. The problem? It happens with government and everything? You wanna know? Answer:

All we do is bi*ch

That is the problem. People used to come together. People used to vote with their pocket book. People used to come together for a cause. Now the social aspect of all in life has to be related to a fb account or some kind of internet thing.

Rally all the WP users that feel done wrong. March on the business or move your service. They get hints when you hit them in the pocket. It won't happen though. We have went from "We the PEOPLE" to "We don't have to". And lack of action has led to what we have created. Welcome to your creation.

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Noting that my cyan update app updated this morning, I opened the app, wondering if, against all odds this was to be different. Sure enough, the app dutifully notified me that the Verizon variant was "under testing." I feel like Charlie Brown with a football. The minute I saw the status I kicked myself for being drawn in.

On reflection, apps like cyan update are causing our dissatisfaction. It's really based on the premise that cyan was coming to everyone quickly. When that proved to be unrealistic, the app remained behind to poke us in the eye with a stick every so often.

Sailing season is coming to a close and with it my opportunity to field test some of the camera improvements, particularly the low light improvements that would allow me to capture sails against the sky after sunset. Too bad but it just didn't work out.

I might just delete cyan update, but if I do I might not know if cyan is coming to Verizon and if I have to roll back my PFD 8.1 to get it.

There's always something :)

Tepid

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
WinAndTech2798395 said:
We, the consumer have let these corporate mammoths grow out of control.

There used to be a time where making the customer happy went a long way, not so much now. This is our fault people. We allow this to happen. We pay for the reps that tell us no, we pay for the stores to degrade WP, we pay for all this. The problem? It happens with government and everything? You wanna know? Answer:

All we do is bi*ch

That is the problem. People used to come together. People used to vote with their pocket book. People used to come together for a cause. Now the social aspect of all in life has to be related to a fb account or some kind of internet thing.

Rally all the WP users that feel done wrong. March on the business or move your service. They get hints when you hit them in the pocket. It won't happen though. We have went from "We the PEOPLE" to "We don't have to". And lack of action has led to what we have created. Welcome to your creation.

Good luck, I have been saying this for over a decade, even though I am guilty as well.
It's hard not to be, everyone is, including you.

The message is solid, Action is needed, but, Society is too complacent in it's decadence.

Many people want what they want, and many many others believe they are deserved it.
Many are, many more not.

You can't go see a well know enviro-nazi activists movie, pay the exorbitant amount to see it and then ***** when they change your life.
Can't vote for a well known narcissist that claims from the very start they are going to fundamentally change a society
and ***** when they do.

Unfortunately, when it comes to Verizon, the only thing that is going to change them,
is action through dollars or action through petition to the right acronym to forcibly change the rules.

Moral: Be mindful of who you vote for and those you freely support through the exercise of true capitalism.

I'm with you, but unfortunately they got some of us by the short and curlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99