Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Hinkle

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I got a little grumpy there for a moment. I'm just on a emotional roller coaster right now.
Its out! YAY
no one is getting it. BOO
I'm downloading it now (YAY), just kidding (WTF)

Sorry about that. It's getting beyond ridiculous that it isn't out after all of this time.

nunyazz

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
IGotNothing_zpsef5e6a0f.jpg

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
TC will get back to us when he knows something. Since he's probably not at work anymore, I'd imagine we'll need to wait until tomorrow for him to get the skinny. In the mean time I'll hit check for update a couple times an hour.

malachijd

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I thought it was said on the wpcentral that updates get pushed out from Microsoft at 1pm EST or maybe EDT. Not sure about that but maybe we have to wait till tomorrow. Which is nice cause I live in Washington so hopefully 10am tomorrow it'll be a nice shade of blue.

JBM425

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
OK, it seems most of the talk is (again) about 8.1/Cyan being released for Developers. That doesn't help Joe Customer who can't get Developer versions or doesn't want to risk voiding a warranty with an unsupported download. The only thing that really matters is when 8.1/Cyan will be released to the Verizon customer base at-large. Wake me when that happens.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
OK, it seems most of the talk is (again) about 8.1/Cyan being released for Developers. That doesn't help Joe Customer who can't get Developer versions or doesn't want to risk voiding a warranty with an unsupported download. The only thing that really matters is when 8.1/Cyan will be released to the Verizon customer base at-large. Wake me when that happens.

Uh... you do realize that the WP8.1/Cyan for developers is identical to the "official" WP8.1/Cyan released by Verizon right? And ANYBODY can down the DP version. All they need is the Preview For Developers app installed and registered.

JBM425

Sep 6, 2014
Visit site
Uh... you do realize that the WP8.1/Cyan for developers is identical to the "official" WP8.1/Cyan released by Verizon right? And ANYBODY can down the DP version. All they need is the Preview For Developers app installed and registered.

Uh... you do realize that the DP version is just that...a developer version, not-ready-for-primetime.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site

Wrong, wrong, wrong....Verizon releases Cyan (WP8.1 PLUS THE FIRMWARE NONE OF US HAVE (why doesn't anyone understand that part?)) once, to all its users.

Uh... you do realize that the DP version is just that...a developer version, not-ready-for-primetime.

Wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong....From http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-read-first-post-before-asking-questions.html

Is this a beta program? Am I going to get beta bits that are full of bugs?
No. This is not a beta program. It is a way to get the same bits that the manufacturers get, ahead of whenever your carrier decides to release them. As was demonstrated when this program started, there were those who claimed it was not going to be the final release, and those who claimed it was. As it turned out, those who believed it to be the final release were correct. The build that was given to the Preview for Developers participants was the same build that the manufacturers got from Microsoft. There is no guarantee that this will always be the case, as it is always possible to find a bug and issue a late release, but this definitely is not a beta program. The software being delivered is meant to be ready for prime time.
(bolding in the answer mine)

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Wait I just excitedly scrolled through two pages about an update being released and there is no update? ~|~

Was this update suppose to be Cyan or was it just another prep / tease update for further support of said firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs