Official 8.1/Cyan for the Icon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
And the wait goes on......tick, tock, tick, tock....

Come on Verizon, just release Denim (yea, as I said before, I gave up already on Cyan)....NOW !!!

awilliams1701

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Even if the update broke compatibility with a hondai elantra and I had one (I have a chevy volt) I would rather they release it immediately and break that, then we can report that and they could fix it and release that immediately. I would rather have 5 updates in 5 weeks that fixes all the issues rather than 1 update 5 months later that has no issues. The only thing I've ever heard of that I find unacceptable is ios 8.0.1 breaking cell phone connectivity. That is 100% unacceptable and completely inexcusable. Everything else that doesn't brick the phone that can be fixed quickly and reasonably is fair game. That is why Verizon has no business being involved in this process.

Surmisation

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Even if the update broke compatibility with a hondai elantra and I had one (I have a chevy volt) I would rather they release it immediately and break that, then we can report that and they could fix it and release that immediately. I would rather have 5 updates in 5 weeks that fixes all the issues rather than 1 update 5 months later that has no issues. The only thing I've ever heard of that I find unacceptable is ios 8.0.1 breaking cell phone connectivity. That is 100% unacceptable and completely inexcusable. Everything else that doesn't brick the phone that can be fixed quickly and reasonably is fair game. That is why Verizon has no business being involved in this process.

I bet they charge for every test, sort of like how developers are required to fork over 35k, 75k, or 150k to MS for every update delivered over Xbox Live.

But, I bet Verizon charges more to their billionaire OEM partners. 7 figures per update per device sounds about right?

beerme1

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Well, something's up cause the Icon isn't even on the shopping part of VZW web site. I hope all the complaint's haven't ruined my ability to get this phone when the update comes out!!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Did anyone try to check for update with the Preview turned off. Just a thought,

Update, nevermind; just checked without Preview and no update as yet.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Well, something's up cause the Icon isn't even on the shopping part of VZW web site. I hope all the complaint's haven't ruined my ability to get this phone when the update comes out!!

Very interesting...only the 928 is listed under Nokia.
If you do a search the black icon comes up but when you click on that it just goes to phones and devices.

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
And the wait goes on......tick, tock, tick, tock....

Come on Verizon, just release Denim (yea, as I said before, I gave up already on Cyan)....NOW !!!

I will likely hold all three of my Lumia's back on 8 until Denim, then, depending on the reviews of Lumia Camera, consider updating my Icon straight to Denim to take advantage of the improvements.

Or just keep on with 8.

SafeSchoolsCzar

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
They are right. I went to the VZW mobile site. The Icon is there, but no pics, reviews or info. I think they are updating the page with a pic of a hippo's hind end with a "Kiss it MS Slappys" banner above it.

drufranco

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I just emailed my Verizon GR about it and that I need pricing on it for a possible employee. I will see what he says, if he replies back that is...

Update:
LOL Verizon GR with no details as I figured after answering my other question in great detail regarding our iPhone 6 employee order ETA.

Don’t know about Nokia.

Last edited:

raqball

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
They are right. I went to the VZW mobile site. The Icon is there, but no pics, reviews or info. I think they are updating the page with a pic of a hippo's hind end with a "Kiss it MS Slappys" banner above it.
I looked as well and the Icon is no longer listed. My 1st thought is they are updating the page, maybe to list it as having 8.1?

Who knows.. I bet it will be back listed soon but the question is why is it MIA..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs